Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North Carolina, more similar to Virginia or Georgia?
Virginia 74 66.67%
Georgia 37 33.33%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 10:41 AM

2,253 posts, read 3,719,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
What was the point of this comment? Useless.
I could say the same thing about your comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 11:18 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kensington View Post
I could say the same thing about your comment.
It wasn't relevant to his response. My comment was the opposite, so nope it's still useless.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:40 AM

37,876 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Still useless.
In your opinion because you're biased, being from the DC area. "Mid-Atlantic" doesn't have one set meaning, although you might think so being a DC native and residing in NoVA. Making the distinction King of Kensington made sense.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
In your opinion because you're biased, being from the DC area. "Mid-Atlantic" doesn't have one set meaning, although you might think so being a DC native and residing in NoVA. Making the distinction King of Kensington made sense.
It has nothing to do with my bias. Yes I am biased, but he never said DC or NoVa wasn't midatlantic. He said they were but his comment wasn't relevant to the guys response. That's what I'm talking about, you're on a different page. Neither have I said it had one set meaning either nor do I believe it does.

You're talking about something entirely different than what I am. Don't know why you the felt the need to explain something when infact that's not what I was talking about in the very first place.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with my bias. Yes I am biased, but he never said DC or NoVa wasn't midatlantic. He said they were but his comment wasn't relevant to the guys response. That's what I'm talking about, you're on a different page. Neither have I said it had one set meaning either nor do I believe it does.

You're talking about something entirely different than what I am. Don't know why you the felt the need to explain something when infact that's not what I was talking about in the very first place.
It was a point of clarification that King brought up since "mid-Atlantic" means different things to different people. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much since it's obvious that the vibes are pretty different between the two regions although they are both referred to as "mid-Atlantic," especially in relation to NC (which this thread is about). NC feels much more like the DMV version of mid-Atlantic as opposed to the NJ/NY/PA version and I think most reasonable people would agree with that.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It was a point of clarification that King brought up since "mid-Atlantic" means different things to different people. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much since it's obvious that the vibes are pretty different between the two regions although they are both referred to as "mid-Atlantic," especially in relation to NC (which this thread is about). NC feels much more like the DMV version of mid-Atlantic as opposed to the NJ/NY/PA version and I think most reasonable people would agree with that.
Still not what I'm talking about and it does not bother me because I've lived in Northern NJ and grew up in the DC area so I've seen and lived through the differences and have seen them first hand. You haven't on the other hand, so I don't need you to explain to me about something that wasnt relevant to what I was referring to in the very first place. Also most reasonable people wouldn't refer to North Carolina as the Mid-Atlantic nor a transition zone. Although thanks for your help but it wasn't needed nor asked for.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:50 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,207,331 times
Virginia.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Still not what I'm talking about and it does not bother me because I've lived in Northern NJ and grew up in the DC area so I've seen and lived through the differences and have seen them first hand. You haven't on the other hand, so I don't need you to explain to me about something that wasnt relevant to what I was referring to in the very first place. Also most reasonable people wouldn't refer to North Carolina as the Mid-Atlantic nor a transition zone. Although thanks for your help but it wasn't needed nor asked for.
Nobody in this thread said NC was the mid-Atlantic or a transition zone, but that's what King said about VA. I'm still confused as to why you're getting unhinged over what seems to be a rather innocuous comment.

Old 05-25-2021, 04:12 PM

771 posts, read 624,859 times
There are similarities with both, but I'm tempted to go with Georgia in this day and age. The I-85 corridor from Atlanta to the Triangle has gradually turned into a megaregion over the years, and the culture is quite similar throughout the entire region. Booming Piedmont cities (Atlanta, Charlotte, etc.), suburban sprawl, older textile mill towns, similar college towns (Athens, Chapel Hill), BBQ restaurants, etc.

Interestingly enough, North Carolina was the only state of the three to vote for Trump in 2020. However, I would still categorize North Carolina as a purple state, especially since North Carolina governors tend to be Democrats.

Old 05-25-2021, 04:49 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,610,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Cities Southsider View Post
Don't you have like ten of these threads already? cough <caulkslobber> cough.
So what, if he's curious and enjoys it. Why you wanna be so critical? - this IS the city vs city section of CD afterall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City