Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 10:14 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I thought that Columbus was more integrated and had a rep for being interracial friendly too?
It was def better than Cincy but Nashville is the best city I ever seen for racial harmony, Austin TX is pretty good as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 11:32 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I thought that Columbus was more integrated and had a rep for being interracial friendly too?
I've heard that too but in my personal experience I say no way.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:19 AM

213 posts, read 278,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
Actually, ALL the cities (except Portland - the only white majority city on there) on the LEAST list are notable for either their large Hispanic or large Asian populace or both. They are also all Southwestern/Western cities, with the exception of San Antonio, as I'm not sure if that counts as Southern or Southwestern.

Numbers 1 and 2 on the list are both in Orange County (where I live), south of Los Angeles County in California. Both have large Mexican/Hispanic populations, Santa Ana at 78.2% (2010 Census) and Anaheim at 52.8% (2010 Census). What's interesting, from my perspective, is that Anaheim has one of the highest percentages of black folks in the county at 2.8%. The county as a whole has a 1.7% (2010 Census) black/AA population, with most cities being below 1%. So I'm assuming that the list must be composed of cities/metros with populations of 300k+, since Santa Ana and Anaheim are the only two that meet that criteria.

Having that said, OC is actually one of the most diverse places anywhere in the States, with only a few places such as NYC, LA county and Houston surpassing the diversity of the county, which falls a notch due to a lacking African presence.

What's crazy is that next door Long Beach (the LBC), a city of around 470k (2013 estimate) has like 12k more black/African folks than our entire county of 3 million + people. I know OC has a history of a conservative county, but it hasn't kept any other group of people from moving in here in large numbers. Not even Muslims, of which we have a good number due to a strong Arab community in Anaheim, and a Persian community in south O.C.
Oakland is more diverse than anywhere in Orange County.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:29 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Black white, why not be both signed Michael Jackson

I like when he sings, "I scared your brother / I ain't scared of no ****!" at 4:28.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:44 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,552,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
It was def better than Cincy but Nashville is the best city I ever seen for racial harmony, Austin TX is pretty good as well
You're joking right?

Went to Nashville once and experienced being a racial outcast for the first time in my life, never going back.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:00 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Also, Black folks aren't moving to Austin like that. Nice city but the black population is around 150k in a metro of close to 2 million.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:30 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Also, Black folks aren't moving to Austin like that. Nice city but the black population is around 150k in a metro of close to 2 million.
Every black person I know from Austin (and this isnt an exaggeration), is trying to get to DFW or Houston ASAP.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:05 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Every black person I know from Austin (and this isnt an exaggeration), is trying to get to DFW or Houston ASAP.
This is true of the one Black person I know in Austin.

When my fraternity had our general convention in Austin two years ago, the local newspaper actually covered it like it was a big deal because it was a large predominantly Black convention.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:05 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,430,921 times
This thread is so borderline racist I cannot even take this seriously and I am not even black.. Why does it matter which city is "blacker" or "least black" ?????? What ever happened to diversity, these forums really amaze me sometimes..

Old 10-21-2015, 11:17 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,770,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogalooBROADWAY View Post
You ought to live in dumps like Memphis, or Birmingham, you would then only truly know what black racism AND white racism actually looks like and feels like.....backward indeed

There are cities with a large black population such as Atlanta, but blacks there, and whites there aren't STUPID.......then there are largely black cities such as Jackson, and Montgomery, where EVERYONE is stupid
I think not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City