Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 03:41 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,960,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post

As you can see in his reply. "Big John" basically BRUSHED OFF the other list I USED.... FROM THE fDi sight....CHICAGO DID MAKE THE GRADE UNDER THE "MAJOR CITY" LIST, at #8. CHICAGO makes #9 for "ECONOMIC POTENCIAL" and " HUMAN CAPITAL and LIFESTYLE" Cities of the Future. THEY COUNT TOO....
No, Chicago did not make the OVERALL TOP 10. Quit inserting the place into everything.
Quote:
Though "Red John" will say.... He still likes Chicago. His votes are....ALWAYS THE OTHER CITY .
Some like to say ALL Midwestern US cities are basically HAS BEENS, WAY PAST THEIR PRIME AND ITS ALL THE SUNBELT, EAST AND WEST COAST THAT ARE MOST IMPORTANT AND RISING? WELL OLE CHICAGO STILL HAS SOMETHING LEFT... AND CAN BE IN THE RUNNING DESPITE ITS CURRENT FINANCIAL PROBLEM.
Yeah, not always:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...-one-live.html
Quote:
Well if you too .... can get some good for Toronto? You do too . But you ARE VERY FAIR TO CHICAGO AND THE STATES. So all is good. Now Red John? Though his New American Hometown was Chicago, when he moved to the States. It's just.... HE VOTES AGAINST IT IN EVERY THREAD OF CITY VS CHICAGO. Including .....He chose Toronto. Though has never been to Toronto, and even Vancouver over Chicago.
I have been to Toronto 4 times, twice in the last 18-24 months.

Here was from the last time I was there:

My only actual complaint with Toronto in that trip was that it rained every single day except for one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 07:03 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,279,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
No, Chicago did not make the OVERALL TOP 10. Quit inserting the place into everything.

Yeah, not always:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...-one-live.html

I have been to Toronto 4 times, twice in the last 18-24 months.
I DID NOT INSERT CHICAGO I OPENED THE FILE ON THE fDi Intelligence sight you gave. YOU MERELY GAVE THE FIRST CHART THAT INCLUDE SMALLER CITIES. THE NEXT CHARTS WERE MORE "SPACIFIC".
Do you have a problem with THEIR OTHER CHARTS? DON'T BLAME OR ACCUSE ME FOR INSERTING?

The charts are there... I went to the FULL SIGHT YOU GAVE(Not merely the SF excerpt Article one) It gives additional SPACIFIC CHARTS FOR "Major Cities" ONLY. CHICAGO WAS #8.

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEIR CHOICES? "Red John"?

The next 2 charts Chicago was #9 for "ECONOMIC POTENTIAL" and " HUMAN CAPITAL and LIFESTYLE"

I have no problem with ANY of the listings? DO YOU?

BY THE WAY THE FIRST OVERALL LIST YOU SEE AS ONLY IMPORTANT ONE APPARENTLY? ON THE FULL fDi sight? ALSO LEAVES OUT ......

Washington DC ............ It is suppose to be Booming right now.
Los Angeles.................. Our Second most populous city.
Denver......................... It too... a city on the Rise.
Dallas/Fort Worth .......... A metro on the Rise too.
Charlotte/Raleigh........... Growing metro area.
Portland ....................... Growing also.

SO tell me "Red John"? Your comment .... You are not Surprised Chicago is not on the Overall list (No doubt you mean its financial issues over Pensions).

BUT WHY ISN'T LA and DC ESPECIALLY?
STILL CHICAGO MADE THE " Major City List" and the other 2 Specific ones. BUT LA and DC MADE NONE?
So spare me I inserted CHICAGO ? Making 3 chart list that LA, Dallas, or DC? Did not make a one. I personally do not know why they did not? But you sure DID NOT want me to mention CHICAGO? In the other Charts?
I never saw a Chicago vs. another City..... that if you voted? You gave Chicago the vote? It was ALWAYS THE OTHER CITY YOU VOTED FOR.

I got a KICK OUT OF THIS SENTENCE YOU USE?? TO TRY TO ....."INSERT"..... DC, Dallas and LA INSTEAD OF CHICAGO.....⤵
Quote:
I'm also nearly positive that if we were to take Sunnyvale out of the top 10 and round out the top 10 with a city that wasn't featured in it that Washington D.C., Dallas, or Los Angeles just might get a deeper look than Chicago for cities of the future based off performance right now and recent 3-5 years.
What YEARS???? "Red John"??? Did fDi Intelligence go by then? The Post is FOR 2015/2016. The Pensions debt issue is not new.

I was apparently mistaken, to have thought in the Chicago vs. Toronto thread? That you meant you did not visit Toronto by a Post I remembered of yours there? I did go back and re-read that post again. Apparently you merely meant you had not Lived in Toronto. Though you did not say you visited Toronto... in that post. I still do not get some other parts of that post? But does not matter for this Thread.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:12 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,031,616 times
Um...what is "Charlotte/Raleigh"? Those are two completely different cities. It's like listing Seattle/Portland or Austin/Dallas.

Chicago and Toronto are great cities...everyone knows this. They don't have to make every list for every thing.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:39 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,913,587 times
Surprised DC is not in the top 10

Also Steeps - you really need to cut down on your usage of caps, periods, etc. I makes it hard to take you seriously.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Um...what is "Charlotte/Raleigh"? Those are two completely different cities. It's like listing Seattle/Portland or Austin/Dallas.

Chicago and Toronto are great cities...everyone knows this. They don't have to make every list for every thing.
yeah I should have said Raleigh/Durham not with Charlotte. I merely noted My Favorite city on the fDi Future city's other Charts. When I saw Chicago made the "Major City " list and 2 others. I merely noted my mistake that "Red John did not visit Toronto? To vote against Chicago? Where he lived for some time. I was mistaken on that. Only reason I mentioned Toronto.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I DID NOT INSERT CHICAGO
Yeah you did.
Quote:
I OPENED THE FILE ON THE fDi Intelligence sight you gave.
Good for you. I hope you open more files more often?
Quote:
YOU MERELY GAVE THE FIRST CHART THAT INCLUDE SMALLER CITIES. THE NEXT CHARTS WERE MORE "SPACIFIC".
Yes, the first chart is the only one that matters, it is the overall chart.

It is like asking who the greatest emperor of the Roman Empire was. Sure, you can list Constantine or Tiberius, or who ever else you want but at the end of the day, the only one that mattered significantly was Octavian Caesar (Augustus Caesar - Supreme Leader, the Pontifex Maximus, so on). The rest would all be wrong answers, just like the rest of the lists you are referencing are all wrong answers. They are merely categories for which the study based their results on, just categories that is it.

If you don't land on the overall list then why does it matter? It doesn't really.
Quote:
Do you have a problem with THEIR OTHER CHARTS? DON'T BLAME OR ACCUSE ME FOR INSERTING?
Then don't post the tidbit lists and just focus on the overall one, yeah?
Quote:
DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEIR CHOICES? "Red John"?
Nope, I like their overall list (see the opening post).

I think if I had to make a change then it would be to take little tiny Sunnyvale, CA out and replace it with somewhere like Denver, Dallas, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, or the like (places that have some obvious momentum right now - on legit trajectories and very healthy/productive economies of late).
Quote:
SO tell me "Red John"? Your comment .... You are not Surprised Chicago is not on the Overall list (No doubt you mean its financial issues over Pensions).
Nope, not surprised at all actually. If this were like 2011 or something, then yeah, I would be surprised then but my expectations for Chicago are very much on Earth now.

In fact, if I had to make a list for cities of the future, I too would omit Chicago and would do so with zero regrets whatsoever. Chicago is a great city but does not belong in the top 10 for momentum going into the future among cities.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:55 PM

Man... You posted the Sight? Why DO YOU NOT WANT THE OTHER LIST USED? SIMPLE.
Apparently?, you are calling the sight OUTDATED? To dare still have Chicago on its other Charts LIKE FOR Major Cities ? It Ranks?
AGAIN, IT IS A 2015/2016. LIST. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH All the list? Why post it ? In a new thread?

Last edited by steeps; 05-16-2015 at 10:05 PM..

Old 05-16-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Man... You posted the Sight? Why DO YOU NOT WANT THE OTHER LIST USED? SIMPLE
Because those lists are tiny categories, one list of many used to compile an even larger, more complete, more thorough overall list.

Posting the overall list is enough. I linked the study so that way people can follow each category and see where the overall answers came from.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Because those lists are tiny categories, one list of many used to compile an even larger, more complete, more thorough overall list.

Posting the overall list is enough. I linked the study so that way people can follow each category and see where the overall answers came from.
You mean ??? A list of Major cities is meaningless? Just because Chicago made the list? Issues man you have. I asked if the list are OUTDATED? YOU INFER, IF THE CHOSEN CITIES WERE DONE TODAY? DOES THAT MEAN? YOU DENY THE OTHER Chart list of Future cities af " Major Cities as outdated? And irreverent? Because it has Chicago on Its List? . As for opening a COMPLETE LIST YOU GIVE? I SURE WILL GO OVER ALL? THE OTHER LIST ARE NOT OUTDATED?

Old 05-16-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
You mean ??? A list of Major cities is meaningless? Just because Chicago made the list? Issues man you have. I asked if the list are OUTDATED? YOU INFER, IF THE CHOSEN CITIES WERE DONE TODAY? DOES THAT MEAN? YOU DENY THE OTHER Chart list of Future cities af " Major Cities as outdated? And irreverent? Because it has Chicago on Its List? . As for opening a COMPLETE LIST YOU GIVE? I SURE WILL GO OVER ALL? THE OTHER LIST ARE NOT OUTDATED?
No, not because Chicago is on the list but because that list is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It is one of many lists and most certainly not the overall one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City