Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix vs. Atlanta
Phoenix 34 38.20%
Atlanta 55 61.80%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 05:51 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Wow. Every once in a while, through all the useless, defensive banter from a few posters, someone will post an enticing description of a city that really piques my interest.

I've been to Phoenix once...very briefly on my way to L.A, my 2nd home. Maybe I should give it more of a lengthy visit to see things from your perspective. Sounds quite beautiful. I'm an admitted sucker for "magic that can't be put into words".

+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 09:11 PM

325 posts, read 255,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I wouldn't go that far, Arizona like a lot of the west has a different version of Republican that leaves the social aspects behind.
BS.

Arizona is politically schizophrenic and has almost no sense of political moderation on either side of the spectrum - certainly not when it comes to "social aspects" of right wing politics. From 72% of people voting against an MLK holiday (!) to unusually restrictive abortion legislation shot down by the courts to some legitimately embarrassing immigration laws (and let's not forget your state Senate censuring John McCain for being "too liberal") and topped of by the legislature passing anti-homosexual laws, the Arizona GOP is further right than most states and lives and breathes social issues.

Don't paint some picture that Arizona is some libertarian haven of honest cowboys trying to get the government off their backs - in reality, it is a borderline racist and certainly xenophobic haven of the under-educated, overly-evangelical and comparatively poorer elements of the GOP, and they certainly vote social issues. I won't go into the odd gold standard debate and the atroicious educational apparatus of Arizona, but you certainly are blazing a trail for right-wing kooks that would even make Texas cringe - certainly Georgia too.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:35 PM

560 posts, read 667,135 times
Culture - Atlanta
Affordability - I don't know
Food - Atlanta
Weather - Atlanta
Variety - (diversity?) Atlanta
Lifestyle - Atlanta
Outdoors - Phoenix, if we're talking about day trips, including the rest of AZ
Natural resources - Atlanta
Colleges / universities - Atlanta

Anything else - Atlanta

Old 06-06-2015, 12:17 PM

150 posts, read 215,205 times
I'd personally prefer Phoenix. It seems like a really unique above average sized city. I don't really understand the appeal of Atlanta on these forums.

Old 06-06-2015, 12:44 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey joe-joe View Post
I'd personally prefer Phoenix. It seems like a really unique above average sized city. I don't really understand the appeal of Atlanta on these forums.
You have never been thats why.Its more and less than what people usually think it is.I host Airbnb and I cannot tell you how often I get people whose initial idea of Atlanta is like your before you get here then they quickly realize there is alot to like and do.

Im not taking anything away from Phoenix as I like it but other than its natural environment,its not very unique at all.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:31 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey joe-joe View Post
Mild year-round weather for the most part, affordable cost of living, lots to see and do, a bevy of metropolitan amenities, urbanizing at a brisk pace, many charming neighborhoods, a very large corporate base, beautiful geographic setting, close to the mountains, beaches within daytrip driving distance, great nightlife, socially dynamic, and so on and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City