Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix vs. Atlanta
Phoenix 34 38.20%
Atlanta 55 61.80%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 12:29 AM

755 posts, read 675,430 times

Advertisements

Phoenix by a mile.

Atlanta is a city isolated in mosquito country with high humidity and flat lands. Phoenix has mountains and its weather beats Atlanta by a country mile. Atlanta is just as hot as Phoenix in the summer with that humidity. October-May.....PHOENIX!

Added feature; you can drive to Vegas and LA in less than 5 hrs. Atl is isolated in the middle of nowhere.

Atlanta has colleges and universities, that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 05:43 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Phoenix by a mile.

Atlanta is a city isolated in mosquito country with high humidity and flat lands. Phoenix has mountains and its weather beats Atlanta by a country mile. Atlanta is just as hot as Phoenix in the summer with that humidity. October-May.....PHOENIX!
You've obviously not been to Atlanta if you think it's flat. And while Atlanta does get hot in the summer with humidity, it doesn't get as hot as Phoenix. But if you prefer more of a dry heat, then Phoenix would be more your style.

Quote:
Added feature; you can drive to Vegas and LA in less than 5 hrs. Atl is isolated in the middle of nowhere.

Within five hours of Atlanta, you have the mountains, both Atlantic and Gulf Coast beaches, Asheville, Nashville, Savannah, Charlotte, etc. Atlanta's advantages include more than colleges and universities.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:50 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,372,464 times
Quote:
Phoenix by a mile.

LMAO...

Old 06-04-2015, 08:26 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,048 times
Quote:
Phoenix by a mile.

Major derp post. Enjoy your 5 hour drive to Vegas and LA. I'll step out of my house, onto a MARTA train to the airport, and be in almost any city in the country in half the time. Or I'll just stay here and enjoy everything ATL has to offer, knowing I don't have to drive 5 hours to find a plethora of things to do.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:06 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,085,425 times
Quote:
Phoenix by a mile.

Because of the delusional nature of some Atlanta posters on this site, I typically refrain from stating anything about Atlanta, a city I actually do like. But I must say...your post is just ridiculous.

Atlanta is in no way flat, in fact it's topography is one of my favorite attributes. It also isn't isolated as there are mountains and coastal beaches all within short driving distance...shorter than 5 hours.

Your weather comment is more of a preferential one. I say this because Im sure you know Phoenix gets hotter than Atlanta, but you apparently prefer higher temps as long as the air is dry.

Last edited by Chilly Gentilly; 06-04-2015 at 09:14 AM..

Old 06-04-2015, 10:54 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,797,456 times
Quote:
Phoenix by a mile.

I just got back from a 5 hour drive to Jacksonvlle and St.Augustne.
You can alos drive to New Orleans which I have don several times.

Nashville,Chattanooga.Savannah,Charleston,Charlott e,Raleigh,and you can fly to several places in 2hrs or less lke D.C.,Philly,Houston,Miami,etc.

Its a fact that Phoenix is hotter but its irrelevant because hot is hot.The difference is that it rains more in Atlanta so its not hot as much.
We also have mild winters that are short but in the early spring and late summer go into October its relatively not cold still.

Mosquitos?Not really.Especially in the city but in the suburbs where here is more foliage and trees yes.Still not bad as you claim.

Flat?lol.Are you serious?Do you realize Atlanta is in the foothills of a mountain chain called the Appalacians?What a bizarre statement.You should travel more.You might find you like places you never thought you would but you have to let go of stereotypes and misconceptions.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:36 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I just got back from a 5 hour drive to Jacksonvlle and St.Augustne.
You can alos drive to New Orleans which I have don several times.

Nashville,Chattanooga.Savannah,Charleston,Charlott e,Raleigh,and you can fly to several places in 2hrs or less lke D.C.,Philly,Houston,Miami,etc.

Its a fact that Phoenix is hotter but its irrelevant because hot is hot.The difference is that it rains more in Atlanta so its not hot as much.
We also have mild winters that are short but in the early spring and late summer go into October its relatively not cold still.

Mosquitos?Not really.Especially in the city but in the suburbs where here is more foliage and trees yes.Still not bad as you claim.

Flat?lol.Are you serious?Do you realize Atlanta is in the foothills of a mountain chain called the Appalacians?What a bizarre statement.You should travel more.You might find you like places you never thought you would but you have to let go of stereotypes and misconceptions.

You can hit the Sky Train to Sky Harbor and be anywhere just as quickly? It's not as big as ATL but that also means it's easier to get to your flight.

As a city Atl>Phx as a lifestyle Phx>Atl

I vote Phoenix, the Sonoran Desert is one of the most diverse regions in the world. Lots of bird species, plant species etc.

In Phoenix youre a short drive from
San Diego, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Sedona, Tucson, Flagstaff, Albuquerque, the Rocky Mountains!

We also have the White Mountains and the San Francisco peaks.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:44 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It completely depends on the type of lifestyle you prefer.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:23 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,797,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
You can hit the Sky Train to Sky Harbor and be anywhere just as quickly? It's not as big as ATL but that also means it's easier to get to your flight.

I vote Phoenix, the Sonoran Desert is one of the most diverse regions in the world. Lots of bird species, plant species etc.

In Phoenix youre a short drive from
San Diego, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Sedona, Tucson, Flagstaff, Albuquerque, the Rocky Mountains!

We also have the White Mountains and the San Francisco peaks.
A short drive you can go to Nashville,New Orleans,Savannah,The Appalacians,Golden Isle,Jacksonville etc.and again more places by plane in a shorter amount of time.

Lifestyle is highly subjective

Old 06-04-2015, 12:24 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Major derp post. Enjoy your 5 hour drive to Vegas and LA. I'll step out of my house, onto a MARTA train to the airport, and be in almost any city in the country in half the time. Or I'll just stay here and enjoy everything ATL has to offer, knowing I don't have to drive 5 hours to find a plethora of things to do.
In all fairness, you can do that in any city in the nation for the most part.

Sky Harbor is probably easier to access than Hartsfield, simply due to the better highway system in Phoenix, and less traffic. We also have light rail that runs to an access train (which is free of charge FYI) which will dump you right at Sky Harbor, and then on to any flight in the nation you choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City