Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tampa FL vs Phoenix AZ summer weather
Tampa 81 62.79%
Phoenix 48 37.21%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 10:57 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Its not that often we experience those temps, maybe a handful of days a year.

Here's why Phoenix's summer weather is better than Florida's... low humidity. Last night we were at a glorious 84 degrees with 10% humidity. I cannot express how much more comfortable that is over Tampa's swampy air. As I said before, there's a reason youll find lots of Floridians moving to AZ, and not vice versa.
I'm not a big fan of hot weather. That said, walking around in humid weather feels more nightmarish than dry heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 01:21 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
A lot of Floridians move to Arizona? That's news to me. Florida is growing at an alarming pace, we're the 3rd largest populous state (after California and Texas) and unlike those states, we're much smaller. Florida has about 3x the population of Arizona, yet Arizona has much more geographic area.

Last night I had party outside on my patio, night was in the low 80s, and it was beautiful. People could have gone inside if they wanted AC but no one did, Miami has beautiful nights, much more so than Phoenix. And we don't pay for them with 110 daytime temperatures.
I cant tell you how many FL plates Ive seen here. In FACT, my neighbors two condos down from us just moved from FL to escape the weather there. I also work with someone who moved from Miami to Phoenix to also escape the weather there.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:23 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,154,036 times
Quote:
I cant tell you how many FL plates Ive seen here. In FACT, my neighbors two condos down from us just moved from FL to escape the weather there. I also work with someone who moved from Miami to Phoenix to also escape the weather there.
I see Arizona plates here too, and California plates. When I was in Arizona I don't remember seeing any Florida plates but I'll take your word for it. Fact is, Miami is far more popular and desirable place for people than anywhere in Arizona. As is much of the rest of Florida.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I see Arizona plates here too, and California plates. When I was in Arizona I don't remember seeing any Florida plates but I'll take your word for it. Fact is, Miami is far more popular and desirable place for people than anywhere in Arizona. As is much of the rest of Florida.
You just said "fact is". More like your OPINION. Learn the difference. If Miami is more popular than "anywhere in AZ", then why is PHX's population much larger and growing much faster than Miami's? Hmmm. I think your "fact" just got called out as a lie.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:50 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,154,036 times
Quote:
You just said "fact is". More like your OPINION. Learn the difference. If Miami is more popular than "anywhere in AZ", then why is PHX's population much larger and growing much faster than Miami's? Hmmm. I think your "fact" just got called out as a lie.
Miami is a city of 35sq miles genius. Metro Miami, or Urban Area Miami is 5 million people. I think that's close to the population of Arizona. Nice try though, you just made yourself look not very smart.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:38 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
Quote:
A lot of Floridians move to Arizona? That's news to me. Florida is growing at an alarming pace, we're the 3rd largest populous state (after California and Texas) and unlike those states, we're much smaller. Florida has about 3x the population of Arizona, yet Arizona has much more geographic area.

Last night I had party outside on my patio, night was in the low 80s, and it was beautiful. People could have gone inside if they wanted AC but no one did, Miami has beautiful nights, much more so than Phoenix. And we don't pay for them with 110 daytime temperatures.
Huh? Desert nights are other worldly. You can see millions of stars, constellations, the milky way. And about once every 10 days we can see the space station orbiting the earth

Old 07-11-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Miami is a city of 35sq miles genius. Metro Miami, or Urban Area Miami is 5 million people. I think that's close to the population of Arizona. Nice try though, you just made yourself look not very smart.
There you go again, twisting info to make it benefit you.

Miami's population is less than Phoenix's. End of story. You lose.

And dont throw your silly opinions around as "facts". Miami might be more desireable for SOME people, but not all. To claim its more desireable than anywhere in AZ is preposterous. And the fact that AZ has some of the highest tourism rates in the nation, as well as some of the fastest growing cities, illustrates that MANY people prefer to come here, not just to visit, but to live.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:59 PM

389 posts, read 596,531 times
Quote:
There you go again, twisting info to make it benefit you.

Miami's population is less than Phoenix's. End of story. You lose.

And dont throw your silly opinions around as "facts". Miami might be more desireable for SOME people, but not all. To claim its more desireable than anywhere in AZ is preposterous. And the fact that AZ has some of the highest tourism rates in the nation, as well as some of the fastest growing cities, illustrates that MANY people prefer to come here, not just to visit, but to live.
He/She does not lose. Every halfwit knows that metro population (along with population density) is a more important indicator of an area's size, than city proper. Phoenix has 517 square miles compared to Miami's 35. All that means is that Phoenix has had the ability to annex more land.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK115 View Post
He/She does not lose. Every halfwit knows that metro population (along with population density) is a more important indicator of an area's size, than city proper. Phoenix has 517 square miles compared to Miami's 35. All that means is that Phoenix has had the ability to annex more land.
Youre missing the point, hombre. He said "Miami is more popular than anything in AZ". Not only was that an outrageous claim, but an opinion at best. I threw a fact in his face as a rebuttal, thats all. Its not about density nor square mileage, but fact vs opinion.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:00 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,177,601 times
Quote:
Actually, metro Miami is 5,9 mil. It was probably 5 mil in 2010. PHX is a lot smaller, more comparable to Tampa Bay.

I'll take 90's with the option of swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving in Miami than 110F dry/low humidity air in Phoenix. I've experienced 110F+ before and it's no fun either..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City