Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 11:46 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,675,984 times

Advertisements

San Francisco Is More Expensive Than New York City - Business Insider

And this is just housing prices,I thought everyone knew San Fran was the new capital of wealth in America lol

Eastcoasters will be in that cold bubble forever unfortunately....

N.y stop being the top city for almost 2 decades now in my opinion, Half the N.y population has ran to Florida & the rest that stayed want out as soon as possible.

Though New york legacy is written in stone,One of the great world cities of the 19th century
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 01:30 PM

401 posts, read 553,377 times
You would be surprised how many NYers I've met who move to Texas/Florida. I can think of at least 5-6 people I grew up with moving and finding places where it was cheaper and being from a Greater NYC area mid-class neighborhood, they moved to high end areas in their respective locations in those two states.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:42 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,187,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post

And this is just housing prices,I thought everyone knew San Fran was the new capital of wealth in America lol

N.y stop being the top city for almost 2 decades now in my opinion, Half the N.y population has ran to Florida & the rest that stayed want out as soon as possible.

Though New york legacy is written in stone,One of the great world cities of the 19th century
Lol, you do know the most expensive city in the world is Luanda, Angola? So is Luanda better than SF? Lmao, what a terrible metric to use. Furthermore, your article is only dealing with real estate prices, and that's not a runaway win either.

Just face it: the only people in a "bubble" are delusional Bay Area posters who think that since they've got a little change now, they can hang with the big boys. Lol.

And as far as your opinion, it's just that. But back in reality, NYC has been the top city in this country in nearly every overall objective metric for the past 200 + years. Still is. Deal with it

Old 08-04-2015, 06:16 PM

@Qworld,L.A & Chicago are number 1 in alot of things also & like someone else said California as a whole is way superior to New york ,Just admit Ny time at the top is over & has been since 2001.

San Francisco is the technology capital/ Bio tech, Big Buisness & Billionaires & per capita is the wealthiest city in America.....

You think anything in existence stays on top forever ?

In 200 years another place will take California's place as top dog,I've already stated N.y is in the history books as one of the greatest world cities of the 19th century, London, Rome,New York, Toyko all have cemented their status in the history books ...

Chicago also is in the history books,California & it's cities history is still being written & by the looks if it L.A is already on N.y level on a world level ,San Francisco also is the new financial capital in America. .....California has the worlds 7th largest economy so i don't see why a few of it's cities arent the new global powerhouses of America

Old 08-04-2015, 06:24 PM

539 posts, read 524,563 times
Quote:

19th century LOL

SF is more expensive than NYC for one reason and one reason only...its small and has way too few apartments. If you compare Manhattan 110 street and down it is more expensive by far. The most expensive neighborhood to rent in the US is Tribeca. Manhattan continues to build more and more units yet the price still rises.

Half of NYCs population left for florida? NYC has grown by 161,500 people in the past 5 years. The entire bay area (which is not the same as the City of San Francisco) only grew by slightly less than 100,000.

As Ive said many times San Fran isn't even a little brother to NYC. Its a great city, but its a small town compared to New York.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:27 PM

539 posts, read 524,563 times
Quote:
@Qworld,L.A & Chicago are number 1 in alot of things also & like someone else said California as a whole is way superior to New york ,Just admit Ny time at the top is over & has been since 2001.

San Francisco is the technology capital/ Bio tech, Big Buisness & Billionaires & per capita is the wealthiest city in America.....

In 200 years another place will take California's place as top dog,I've already stated N.y is in the history books as one of the greatest world cities of the 19th century, London, Rome,New York, Toyko all have cemented their status in the history books ...

Chicago also is in the history books,California & it's cities history is still being written & by the looks if it L.A is already on N.y level on a world level ,San Francisco also is the new financial capital in America. .....California has the worlds 7th largest economy so i don't see why a few of it's cities arent the new global powerhouses of America
There just not. NYC is still the biggest, most powerful, most notable, and most important city in the USA by a lot. It has been that way for 200 years and will remain that way until we die at the least. You are delusional if you disagree.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:32 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,114,879 times
Why do people get in these weird back n forths?

Old 08-04-2015, 06:43 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,187,739 times
Quote:

Kobe, you haven't refuted anything. You're just mindlessly boosting. NYC in the history books? Ignorant 9/11 comments? Lol at your logic here. And like most Californians on this site it seems, you seem to have no problem going all Voltron to boost your argument when it suits you. Thought we were talking individual cities here? Why bring the whole state into this? It's cool, though, we can do that too here in the East (see BosWash below).

Way to ignore my Luanda comment, btw. Being "expensive" isn't a great trait to tout.

California as top dog? Sure, because its borders are so ****ing huge. Newsflash: if there was an equivalent state in size on the NE, it would absolutely crush Cali. The BosWash corridor, about the same physical size actually as California (probably smaller), demolishes Cali in GDP, population, political influence, you name it. Y'all are very important, with agriculture, tech and entertainment, but let's not act like you're really top dog. Lol, you guys are really second

Old 08-04-2015, 07:54 PM

Qworld, now your attacking California with the whole East region to hide your inferior complex......

So now size matters when comparing to California but when New york has it's 5 counties vs 1 single city it's fair lol

And Actually when i say N.y.c im only talking Manhattan, So San Francisco vs Manhattan is very close in power .....

Steelers,Yes Nyc along with London is already in the history books....But California & it's world class cities are just getting started.

By Default N.y will go down in history as America's greatest city,But in the end History will Have California as the greatest & most powerful in American history.San Fran to L.A to Diego all will cement their place in history, L.A even has a shot to surpass New york in the future, Just stating Facts.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:10 PM

7,741 posts, read 5,535,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Why do people get in these weird back n forths?
Great question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City