Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: San Francisco becoming more Influential than Los Angeles?
San Franciso is Becoming more Influential Globally 72 37.89%
Los Angeles is Still more Influential Globally 118 62.11%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 12:09 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,597,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
That's what I'm sayin.. Ppl get so internet salty on here.
Seriously. Some of y'all need to go outside and enjoy your lives.

I hope it doesn't affect you guys in the real world.

You all know that cities trade with each other right? If something happens in one place, it affects us all. If you don't think so, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:14 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,646,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Seriously. Some of y'all need to go outside and enjoy your lives.

I hope it doesn't affect you guys in the real world.

You all know that cities trade with each other right? If something happens in one place, it affects us all. If you don't think so, I don't know what to tell you.
Didn't you know? LA doesn't trade with anyone. The only people tied to the success or failure of this place are "Hollywood groupies"

Old 08-24-2015, 12:23 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,597,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
Didn't you know? LA doesn't trade with anyone. The only people tied to the success or failure of this place are "Hollywood groupies"
That's fine. Somehow, none of my living comes from Hollywood.

My real world living: not my fake City Data identity.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:35 PM

36,667 posts, read 67,622,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
Are you having a stroke?
Haha no Im at La Perla buying pajamas.

Quote:
Nope, I was talking about one industry in LA, not the whole city.

You are the PhD who presumed that LA is somehow immune. to the stock market decline.

Talk about unaware.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:42 PM

36,667 posts, read 67,622,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
Did somebody just brag about a long commute?
No, Im simply stating that there are PLENTY of affordable areas around the Bay Area.

Look for the Bay Area to add Monterey, Stanislaus, Lake and maybe Mendocino at some point.

That's another 1.1 million people, on top of our fast growing central counties, and this doesnt even include Sacramento( 2.5 million) which is increasing its commuter count to the Bay Area by about +50% a decade.

The Philly CSA haters are going to blow a gasket. LOL.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:16 AM

100 posts, read 189,682 times
Honestly Hollywood is nothing special to me. I drive by it every time I go to L.A. totally doesn't even come to mind. I don't watch the news (Its bias people), Media? Come on media expanded by the internet now more than it does than the TV set now. I don't even have TV service, All I need the internet, Youtube, Google a movie thats in theaters( Yet you will waste money for it) and watch it for free. Los Angeles is influential globally, but I voted for SF Bay AREA future wise and population wise its powerhouse...

18Montclair(No A%%kissing intended) is spitting facts now how can you argue with that ... Opinions are A-Holes. Facts are legit.. I'd rather have someone sound arrogant then reply in a ignorant way without any facts. Montclair is actually using facts..

Most of you guys arguing about this btw are not really posting any facts on L.A.'s part while 18Montclair is justifying the Bay area.

Last edited by ™WestCoast Reppin™; 10-11-2015 at 08:59 AM..

Old 10-11-2015, 08:56 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,363,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha no Im at La Perla buying pajamas.
I thought 18Montclair was from the Bay Area. No one from the Bay Area wears La Perla pjs, that would be like the tackiest thing possible in their context. That would be an LA or Miami thing.

Has to be fair trade hemp pjs made by living wage Bhutanese virgins if you want to be classy in the Bay Area. Bay Area always likes to get the ugly on.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ™WestCoast Reppin™ View Post
H
18Montclair(No A%%kissing intended) is spitting facts now how can you argue with that ... Opinions are A-Holes. Facts are legit.. I'd rapid have someone sound arrogant then reply in a ignorant way without any facts. Montclair is actually using facts..
Montclair has used no facts. Every time facts get presented; he gets all drama queen and starts posting random subjective non-sequiturs.
Quote:
Most of you guys arguing about this btw are not really posting any facts on L.A.'s part while 18Montclair is justifying the Bay area.
Then you haven't been reading the thread. LA, objectively, is vastly more important globally than SF, as this thread proves.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:13 AM

100 posts, read 189,682 times
[quote=NOLA101;41519838]
Quote:
Montclair has used no facts. Every time facts get presented; he gets all drama queen and starts posting random subjective non-sequiturs.
Oh really? he hasn't posted not even 1 fact
Quote:
Then you haven't been reading the thread. LA, objectively, is vastly more important globally than SF, as this thread proves.
I've been reading the thread and SF is definitely becoming more Globally influential then Los Angeles. Los Angeles is maintaining while SF is gaining ... Honestly I don't have to read this thread to know that Los Angeles is going down and the SF-Bay Area is going up. Technology has a bigger influence in peoples daily lives more than hollywood.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Oh really? he hasn't posted not even 1 fact
Correct. He has posted nothing factual that objectively shows SF's importance as greater relative to that of LA.

Quote:
Technology has a bigger influence in peoples daily lives more than hollywood.
And cars and food have a bigger influence in people's lives that smart phone apps. Therefore, using your complete non-logic, Detroit>Bay Area and Central Valley>Bay Area.

Fresno is the most important city on earth using your non-logic, as its the center of the most fertile land on earth, and there's nothing more important to human existence than food and water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.