Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2019, 08:33 AM

1,098 posts, read 910,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Foxboro, MA. Mass is a beautiful state and has great culture.

St. Petersburg, FL or Pittsburgh, PA?
St. Petersburg, FL. I've heard good things about the city. I might get a little bored in Florida, but at least they have warm winters and less Steeler fans.

Flagstaff, AZ vs. Bend, OR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 08:39 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,467,606 times
Flagstaff by far. I've been to both - and Bend is alotta nothing out in the middle of nowhere.

Flagstaff actually has great weather - dry snow - and is not as hot as most of AZ.

Central Coast, California or Oregon Coast?

Old 06-01-2019, 09:14 AM

1,098 posts, read 910,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Flagstaff by far. I've been to both - and Bend is alotta nothing out in the middle of nowhere.

Flagstaff actually has great weather - dry snow - and is not as hot as most of AZ.

Central Coast, California or Oregon Coast?
Money aside, definitely the Central California coast. The Oregon coast (Newport area) is probably the most beautiful place I've ever visited but I went in August when the weather was perfect. Don't think I could tolerate all the rain.

Rapid City, SD vs. Fayetteville, AR

Old 06-01-2019, 09:50 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,210,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Money aside, definitely the Central California coast. The Oregon coast (Newport area) is probably the most beautiful place I've ever visited but I went in August when the weather was perfect. Don't think I could tolerate all the rain.

Rapid City, SD vs. Fayetteville, AR
Fayetteville! It is so much larger, gotta assume the weather is better, and it has several major corporations so at least my wife would find it beneficial for her career.

Long Island City, Queens, NYC vs Crystal City, Arlington (VA)

Old 06-01-2019, 10:49 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Fayetteville! It is so much larger, gotta assume the weather is better, and it has several major corporations so at least my wife would find it beneficial for her career.

Long Island City, Queens, NYC vs Crystal City, Arlington (VA)
Crystal City for sure.

Sacramento, CA or Milwaukee, WI?

Old 06-01-2019, 10:59 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,715,022 times
Sacramento!

Alexandria, VA or Bellevue, WA?

Old 06-02-2019, 04:09 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Sacramento!

Alexandria, VA or Bellevue, WA?
I could see myself living in either of these very urban(e) suburbs of nearby larger cities, but I think Alexandria edges out Bellevue in the charm department, so I'll pick it.

Independence, Mo., or Defiance, Ohio?

Old 06-02-2019, 06:00 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,906,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I could see myself living in either of these very urban(e) suburbs of nearby larger cities, but I think Alexandria edges out Bellevue in the charm department, so I'll pick it.

Independence, Mo., or Defiance, Ohio?
Independence... would rather live in a large KC suburb than a much smaller town an hour from Toledo and Fort Wayne.

Watertown, NY or Augusta, ME?

Old 06-02-2019, 06:34 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,470,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Independence... would rather live in a large KC suburb than a much smaller town an hour from Toledo and Fort Wayne.

Watertown, NY or Augusta, ME?

Augusta. It is closer to the beautiful Maine coastline and all that has to offer. It also receives a more manageable amount of snow than Watertown. In Great Lakes towns like Watertown, it is just ridiculous.

Scranton, PA or Roanoke, VA?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:37 AM

7,064 posts, read 19,364,678 times
I don’t know much about either city proper (stopped for quick visits in each but didn’t get a feel for either). I’d pick Scranton for location. Both cities are among mountains but Scranton is 2 hrs from NYC, 2 hrs from Philadelphia, and just over 2 hrs to the ocean.

Bethlehem, PA or Spartanburg, SC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City