Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 10:24 AM

650 posts, read 870,412 times

Advertisements

Every city has safe and dangerous parts. I was in Dallas early last December and nearly got robbed. But I'm not going to say it's this or that. Dallas has some very safe suburbs. Some areas of Dallas you wouldn't want to be at past dark like any city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 12:01 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,979,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Pleasant Grove is worse than Oak Cliff to me. In fact, oak Cliff gets a bad rap honestly.
I totally agree! Oak Cliff use to be so much worse than it use to be, especially South Oak Cliff. Growing up in South Oak Cliff, I didn't understand why my mother would only let me ride my bike in the backyard. As I got older, I began to understand what my mother was trying to protect me from. That section of Dallas was no joke in the early 2000s. There were multiple drug houses in my neighborhood, shootings, robberies, etc. To be honest, hearing gun shots in those days were the norm. As of now, it's a hell of a lot better. The known drug houses are gone, the shootings I use to hear are gone, etc. It's not perfect, but I can say it's not nearly like it use to be.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:06 PM

20,525 posts, read 33,605,086 times
Yeah South Oak Cliff use to have that reputation throughout Texas and it gave the entire Oak Cliff a bad name because North Oak Cliff never was a bad area to me at all.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:06 PM

6,477 posts, read 4,092,486 times
Agree with what the above posters said, as someone who is extremely interested in geograaphy and crime rates, I was wondering besides North Dallas (Far North Dallas and the area around the Park Cities), what other areas of Dallas (City Limits) is upscale or just middle class? Because looking at a map most of Dallas besides those areas were covered in murders ( a user posted a map of gun violence/ murders in 2015). Because I can name a lot more nice areas of Houston and I know Dallas isn't NO or Saint Louis with a large portion of the city (60-70%) just being dangerous neighborhoods or lower middle class neighborhoods.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:00 PM

163 posts, read 156,618 times
I grew up in South Oak Cliff's Redbird (Carter HS grad) area during the 70's and 80's and it was very nice. I enjoyed living there. It was a nice middle class black area of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City