Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2016, 02:51 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
I was saying Kansas City sports as a whole (Chiefs, Royals) are better than Cleveland (Browns, Indians, Cavs). Of course MLS does not compare to NBA. But KC has more successful teams. And while the Cavs are good now, they have yet to win the NBA title. Meanwhile, the Royals just won their second.
The point is that the Cleveland has major pro sports year-round, along with an AHL and arena football league franchise, all in a great downtown sports/entertainment/dining districts, all connected with rail mass transit even though easily walkable.

It's why I prefer the Cleveland sports scene to that in KC. If Cleveland starts garnering championships, not unlikely, KC will have nothing to hang on its pro sports mantle by comparison.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:58 PM

638 posts, read 623,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
It's why I prefer the Cleveland sports scene to that in KC. If Cleveland starts garnering championships, not unlikely, KC will have nothing to hang on its pro sports mantle by comparison.
Let's see.
Championships:
Indians: 2 (last 1947). Browns: 0 Superbowls. Cavs: 0
Royals: 2. Chiefs: 1.
MLS team: 2

Cleveland has some catching up to do, and your NFL and MLB are currently far behind ours. I do not see much of a real comparision when looking at quality, though you could say the Cavs are similiar to the Royals

Old 05-01-2016, 03:15 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
Let's see.
Championships:
Indians: 2 (last 1947). Browns: 0 Superbowls. Cavs: 0
Royals: 2. Chiefs: 1.
MLS team: 2

Cleveland has some catching up to do, and your NFL and MLB are currently far behind ours. I do not see much of a real comparision when looking at quality, though you could say the Cavs are similiar to the Royals
I'm sorry but the mls really really really doesn't count. It's on par with a single a team to the rest of the world. I mean, I'm glad you're happy with it, but it's not worth a whole lot. It doesn't even look like you know the teams name either by the way. "Mls team"?

Indians and Browns have tradition that I'll take. Of course would love a championship,but being a fan is about support even when the team isn't winning. Cavs are fun to watch.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I'm sorry but the mls really really really doesn't count. It's on par with a single a team to the rest of the world. I mean, I'm glad you're happy with it, but it's not worth a whole lot. It doesn't even look like you know the teams name either by the way. "Mls team"?

Indians and Browns have tradition that I'll take. Of course would love a championship,but being a fan is about support even when the team isn't winning. Cavs are fun to watch.
Royals>Indians, Chiefs>Browns. The Cavs have no NBA titles. KC doesn't even need its MLS team (their called Sporting KC) to outperform. No one is saying MLS is better than NBA. Just showing how the Kansas City teams (Chiefs/Royals) have been more successful in all leagues.

Last edited by Moboy32; 05-01-2016 at 03:34 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 03:25 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,095 times
If your measure of a good city is sports championships, I'd say you don't have your priorities right.

Old 05-01-2016, 03:34 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,877,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post

Why doesn't it? It's a newer league. I guess a city with brand new expansion team in any league also doesn't count? It might be a lower grade of soccer when compared to some world leagues, but I hope you are not saying it's like single A baseball or something. MLS is a pretty big deal even though they have a smaller footprint with less teams and have only been around for 20 years or so. DC is building a new MLS stadium near the Nationals Park. It's a pretty big deal in DC.

He probably said "MLS team" because KC won when they were called the Wizards and after they changed to Sporting KC.

Last edited by kcmo; 05-01-2016 at 03:43 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Why doesn't it? It's a newer league. I guess a city with brand new expansion team in any league also doesn't count? It might be a lower grade of soccer when compared to some world leagues, but I hope you are not saying it's like single A baseball or something. MLS is a pretty big deal even though the have a smaller footprint with less team and have only been around for 20 years or so. DC is building a new stadium near the Nationals Park. It's a pretty big deal in DC.

He probably said "MLS team" because KC won when they were called the Wizards and after than changed to Sporting KC.

Very true and nice to see all our franchises doing well. Maybe Sporting will become the "Packers" of MLS. While KC has newer (and in some peoples minds fewer) big league teams, we still have more titles. I don't think there is much argument with this one.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:34 PM

2,233 posts, read 3,163,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
City-data is loaded with posters who pontificate on things of which they know little.
The more you spout off, the more obvious that becomes. Cleveland has a very good and reknown orchestra. We get it, most of us knew that long before you pontificated on it 13 or 14 times. But if you think the CMA has a thing on the Nelson, or that the orchestra and Playhouse Square are somehow more "important" to Cleveland than the arts are to KC (or make for a better, more thriving arts scene) you're out of your depth. That's like arguing KC is more historic and more cultured because it has the National World War I museum.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:36 PM

358 posts, read 620,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
If your measure of a good city is sports championships, I'd say you don't have your priorities right.
There are several posters on this website that measure how great a city is by their skyline, so I guess sports championships aren't out of the question lol. At any rate that's not what the argument is about. The question is really what good are sports franchises that never deliver championships or even make it to the playoffs? I'd prefer KC's 2 franchises to Cleveland's 3. However, we may all have egg on our faces if the Cavaliers win a championship next month, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Both KC and Cleveland are cool cities with different vibes. Personally I prefer KC over Cleveland. However, I'd rather live in Ohio than Missouri or Kansas.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:50 PM

166 posts, read 157,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
The more you spout off, the more obvious that becomes. Cleveland has a very good and reknown orchestra. We get it, most of us knew that long before you pontificated on it 13 or 14 times. But if you think the CMA has a thing on the Nelson, or that the orchestra and Playhouse Square are somehow more "important" to Cleveland than the arts are to KC (or make for a better, more thriving arts scene) you're out of your depth. That's like arguing KC is more historic and more cultured because it has the National World War I museum.
This is great lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City