Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: El Paso vs. Albuquerque
El Paso 77 26.55%
Albuquerque 213 73.45%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:20 PM

570 posts, read 559,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Interesting thread. A little bit of "who's is bigger" at times but there's a lot of good information here, so it's all good. I have never been to El Paso but if the info in this thread were all I had to go off of I'd say it's Albuquerque's equal. I will give a slight nod to Albuquerque due to landscape.

I think it's really impressive that El Paso ranks as the safest U.S. city given its proximity to Juarez. I also think it's pretty impressive that Albuquerque has an aquarium.

One thing I will say that I consider a knock on Albuquerque (more the State of New Mexico really) is that Rail Runner line. I saw one of the Albuquerque boosters talking it up and found that a bit curious. That line is a money pit: not exactly something to brag about. It's a shiny toy and looks nice, but far from cost effective. In an impoverished state like New Mexico, if I were a tax payer I'd be furious about this expenditure. Even in densely populated, less (forgive me) car-driven cultures like Japan commuter rails operate in the red. Forget about a small city like Albuquerque-Santa Fe.

As for which one I think is better, who knows? I haven't even been to El Paso so I can't say. Albuquerque seems like a nice visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
Actually the violence Juarez has decreased drastically in the past several years. Every now and then you will hear about cartel killings, but nothing like the blood bath it was 7 years ago.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:12 AM

650 posts, read 867,278 times
Personally El Paso. But that's because I'd rather live in Texas than New Mexico.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:30 PM

3 posts, read 4,149 times
I think you may not realize that pretty much all transportation endeavors "operate in the red". All roads, highways, bridges, etc, are subsidized by tax payers and the federal government.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:49 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,267,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
Personally El Paso. But that's because I'd rather live in Texas than New Mexico.
Looks like you are in the minority....currently 31 to 100 for Albuquerque

Old 03-04-2017, 05:55 PM

416 posts, read 253,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Why are you rolling your eyes? He just stated his opinion. Not everyone has the same opinion you know.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:50 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,385,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post

What I keep mentioning is how many people that voted are actually familiar with El Paso and have actually been there and are not just stuck with an old negative stereotype. Airport visits, day visits and highway drive throughs don't count.

I bet ya the far majority have never visited El Paso. El Paso is more isolated and half its approach is cut off by an international border!

Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 PM

811 posts, read 2,940,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
What I keep mentioning is how many people that voted are actually familiar with El Paso and have actually been there and are not just stuck with an old negative stereotype. Airport visits, day visits and highway drive throughs don't count.

I bet ya the far majority have never visited El Paso. El Paso is more isolated and half its approach is cut off by an international border!

Well that's probably because there is nothing in El Paso to draw people, the city itself is not impressive and there is no attractions for tourists.

The thing you fail to realize is the poll is a landslide by more than 3 to 1, the only way to find out if your theory is right is to poll the people who voted in the poll, and see how many have actually traveled to El Paso and to Albuquerque.

It is true that Albuquerque is a way more recognized city nationwide, as for better it's a matter of opinion.

Personally I've been to El Paso several times, and Albuquerque is by far better.......to me!

Old 03-07-2017, 01:17 AM

570 posts, read 559,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
Well that's probably because there is nothing in El Paso to draw people, the city itself is not impressive and there is no attractions for tourists.

The thing you fail to realize is the poll is a landslide by more than 3 to 1, the only way to find out if your theory is right is to poll the people who voted in the poll, and see how many have actually traveled to El Paso and to Albuquerque.

It is true that Albuquerque is a way more recognized city nationwide, as for better it's a matter of opinion.

Personally I've been to El Paso several times, and Albuquerque is by far better.......to me!
Albuquerque maybe better for some, but El Paso has definitely improved from what it used to be.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:56 AM

87 posts, read 252,057 times

Personally I've been to El Paso several times, and Albuquerque is by far better.......to me![/quote]

It's true ABQ is recognized city nationwide, let's see: it's in New Mexico- seen on TV for it's drug and crime filming (how appropriate) news headlines for the worst WOW-

Tourist attractions? Old Town? Tramway? Zoo?- oh and the yearly boring balloon festival? WOW
I've also been to ABQ several times- El Paso is by far much better... to me! oh and it's in TEXAS - can't beat that!

El Paso continues to outpace ABQ- Tucson and other U.S Cities at 100 MPH!!

Old 03-11-2017, 11:07 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,625,801 times
International visitors on YouTube filming their Breaking Bad tours and visits to Albuquerque to see sites from the show:

A couple from Poland

Some fellows from Montreal

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City