Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:25 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times

Advertisements

"You should quit hanging around Satanists."

Is that what babtists and "born again" christians like to be called nowadays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 02:02 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
"You should quit hanging around Satanists."

Is that what babtists and "born again" christians like to be called nowadays?

Whats a "babtist"? And, um, hardly.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:42 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Whats a "babtist"? And, um, hardly.
It's called posting on a city data form and not paying attention to your spelling. And for the record by far the worst people (in terms of bigotry, treating other people, treating their own body with alcohol/drugs, leaving and/or cheating on spouse) I have ever met were self proclaimed evangelical and/or "born again" "christians". I've also met some nice ones too, but I'm always initially suspicious with born again and/or conservative baptists b/c so many exhibit behaviors and attitudes I do not like. Areas that have high concentrations of people who self identify these faiths are generally not my cup of tea.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:30 PM

434 posts, read 1,737,269 times
Quote:
It's called posting on a city data form and not paying attention to your spelling. And for the record by far the worst people (in terms of bigotry, treating other people, treating their own body with alcohol/drugs, leaving and/or cheating on spouse) I have ever met were self proclaimed evangelical and/or "born again" "christians". I've also met some nice ones too, but I'm always initially suspicious with born again and/or conservative baptists b/c so many exhibit behaviors and attitudes I do not like. Areas that have high concentrations of people who self identify these faiths are generally not my cup of tea.
It's a good thing you are just making those kind of bigoted generalizations about Baptists and Christians. I'm pretty sure if you said that about AA's, Jewish people, atheists, or pretty much anybody else we would all be getting our pitchforks. It's a good thing for you it's still okay to be prejudiced against some people huh?

Old 07-13-2007, 08:27 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
A good state to avoid would be one where intolerant people reside

Old 07-17-2007, 12:11 PM

607 posts, read 2,981,410 times
michigan is a state not to avoid. but california and ohio are crappy living.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,398,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake1256 View Post
michigan is a state not to avoid. but california and ohio are crappy living.
I'd have to disagree. Ohio and California are great states, plenty to do there. compared to Indiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Kansas Ohio and California are slices of heaven. The five states I just mentioned I would never live in even at gun point. In general I would just avoid the Great Plains states altogether save Texas, because they generally are devoid of any major cities and are just too uninhabited and isolated to me. I would also probably not live anywhere in the Deep South either. Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama IMO don't really have a whole lot to offer, especially after Katrina.

Last edited by ajf131; 07-17-2007 at 01:01 PM..

Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM

607 posts, read 2,981,410 times
I would skip the south also, california there can be good parts, but Ohio there isn't much. no mountains, no lakes, not any large cities(pop700,000and above).

Old 07-17-2007, 01:03 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,398,001 times
Quote:
I would skip the south also, california there can be good parts, but Ohio there isn't much. no mountains, no lakes, not any large cities(pop700,000and above).
In the Eastern and Southern parts of Ohio you have the Appalachian foothills and Ohio River bluffs, and what about Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland? Are those not large cities? I think a large metro is every bit as valid as a large city, particularly since not every large city has a large metro. And no lakes, huh? What about Lake Erie? In any case, it's your right to hate Ohio...so who am I to say you are wrong?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:47 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Ohio has some very beautiful areas. Not mountains per se, but very big hills, and very beautiful. As for cities, they have Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Akron, etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City