Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which is better?
Nashville 40 44.94%
Houston 49 55.06%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 02:55 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
I can't believe that Nashville would try to compete with Houston. Houston wins in all categories.
Not scenery it certainly doesn't.

Old 10-09-2016, 03:22 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
I can't believe that Nashville would try to compete with Houston. Houston wins in all categories.
Not in scenery or topography. Nashville is a prettier place imo. The other categories I won't fuss about. I will say Houston's food and shopping options are world class.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:05 AM

1 posts, read 877 times
Default Relocation help: Houston vs Nashville

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some input on these 2 locations. I know they arent necessarily on the same tier of city but these are my 2 options for my next role. I'm not too picky in what it needs to have but I would just prefer to have a more Northern mindset as I am an upstate NYer. I don't drink and so nightlife ins't super important but I love food and exploring different restaurants as well as having tons of shopping just to make life easier when i need something. I understand weather differences and COL pretty solidly and being from NY i can handle basically anything in both of those aspects.

Heres what I would like to have (not in this order specifically)
1. Close universities (within 2-4 hours tops) with track programs where I can train and compete at.
2. Good quality gyms
3. Plenty of outdoor space/park space
4. Good grocery stores (I know it's weird but NY spoils its residents with wegman's and market 32)
5. A more northern mindset (as in not overly religious, not country, intelligent, etc.)
6. Im a 25 year old male and single so it would be nice to get some input on the markets in each location for ladies in this age range in each location. (Houston being near Dallas, SA and Austin is somewhat a bonus in this respect i think). Which city is more fit? as you can tell I am very big into fitness so would like my SO to be as well.

Anything else you feel is pertinent to know or any questions, feel free to toss that into your reply.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City