Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 02:25 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,380,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
Nope, its what outsiders/transplants want Texas to be. Not gonna to happen though...

IMO, it the least livable city in Texas due to lack of diversity and big city amenities.

I also want to know what does liberal mean to most of you because IMO, cities like Austin, Seattle and San Francisco are not liberal, maybe pseudo liberal. The only true liberal cities in the USA are New York and Los Angeles. These are the only cities that I have been to that have been "open" to other people and their ideas.
You have never been to Austin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 02:26 PM

875 posts, read 1,661,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Ive been to Austin numerous time man, I am a native Texan..I know what I am talking about..

Old 06-19-2017, 02:32 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,116,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
Ive been to Austin numerous time man, I am a native Texan..I know what I am talking about..
I'm wondering if this thread is meant to troll? Or is the OP *that* clueless?

Old 06-19-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Both..

Old 06-19-2017, 02:56 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,527,366 times
Quote:
Compared to Houston and Dallas, he's right. it does not have as many amenities as Houston or Dallas and it is not nearly as diverse either. Oh and before you say anything, I grew up closer to Austin than I did to either Houston or Dallas.

Old 06-19-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Have you seen my other threads , i am active member of this community.I am clueless??...clueless is llmrkc07 for saying that there is nothing to do in Austin, that i lacks diversity, that "The only true liberal cities in the USA are New York and Los Angeles"....yeah right. don't turn my thread in a "war". If you don't like what you see here, move along.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Compared to Houston and Dallas, he's right. it does not have as many amenities as Houston or Dallas and it is not nearly as diverse either. Oh and before you say anything, I grew up closer to Austin than I did to either Houston or Dallas.
When did i mention it was as diverse as Houston or Dallas...When did i mention it had more things to do than Houston or Dallas... Austin has been a very successful city with an impressive economical growth, a city that is focusing on tech and livability. People are taking this too personal as if i was saying that Houston and Dallas are ****ty cities

Old 06-19-2017, 03:26 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,527,366 times
Quote:
When did i mention it was as diverse as Houston or Dallas...When did i mention it had more things to do than Houston or Dallas... Austin has been a very successful city with an impressive economical growth, a city that is focusing on tech and livability. People are taking this too personal as if i was saying that Houston and Dallas are ****ty cities
You said he must have never been to Austin by highlighting it's lack of diversity and lack of amenities compared to Houston or Dallas. That's what at least I responded to. The only thing I would like to see for Houston and Dallas that Austin has is better name recognition. Other than that, there really isn't nothing that Austin has that Houston and Dallas needs.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You said he must have never been to Austin by highlighting it's lack of diversity and lack of amenities compared to Houston or Dallas. That's what at least I responded to. The only thing I would like to see for Houston and Dallas that Austin has is better name recognition. Other than that, there really isn't nothing that Austin has that Houston and Dallas needs.
He said "IMO, it the least livable city in Texas due to lack of diversity and big city amenities" i just can't fathom someone who has been to Austin saying that. If he had said Houston is more diverse than Austin instead of saying that Austin is the least livable city in Texas because of its lack of diversity, then it would make sense...

Old 06-19-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Have you seen my other threads , i am active member of this community.I am clueless??...clueless is llmrkc07 for saying that there is nothing to do in Austin, that i lacks diversity, that "The only true liberal cities in the USA are New York and Los Angeles"....yeah right. don't turn my thread in a "war". If you don't like what you see here, move along.
Well, as someone who has lived in Houston and visited Austin Dallas etc on numerous occasions its not much to do and its not diverse, at all. Now, the question is, have you been to Austin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City