Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Cincinnati or Dallas? Which city would you rather live in?
Cincinnati 87 48.07%
Dallas 94 51.93%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 05:53 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,161 times

Advertisements

1)Which has better year-round weather?
- Cincinnati, since I like 3 to 4 seasons much better than 1 and a half seasons in Dallas.

2)Which has friendlier people?
- Super subjective (Ok so is the weather but even so.....) The people in Dallas I have met were friendly.

3)Which has less traffic?
- Cincinnati.

4)Which has the better economy?
- Dallas

5)Which has a lower cost of living?
- Cincinnati I think.

Winner - Cincinnati.
However I would still most of the time choose Dallas. Although I miss 4 seasons. I really really do, never thought I would, not that much anyways.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 09:22 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,859 times
Which has better year-round weather? Cincinnati, because it has 4 seasons.
Which has friendlier people? Both Dallas and Cincinnati have friendly people so it's a draw.
Which has less traffic? Cincinnati
Which has the better economy? Dallas
Which has a lower cost of living? Cincinnati

I prefer Cincinnati.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:34 AM

75 posts, read 89,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
You assume correctly, sir.
Cincinnati will get some pity votes, though.
J.R. Ewing would think this is a ridiculous comparison too. Haha.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:50 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,291 times
Dallas because it's larger and has a brighter future and attracts events like the Superbowl. Cincinnati has an excellent Riverfront though

Old 07-31-2017, 06:38 AM

23,450 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcomeInPeaceDolphLundgren View Post
J.R. Ewing would think this is a ridiculous comparison too. Haha.
Any person (even fictional) with a modicum of sense would think so as well, and this despite your efforts to design the criteria to benefit Cincinnati (Less Traffic!). Dallas is a juggernaut; Cincinnati is simply sputtering along. During my numerous visits to Cincinnati over the years I really tried to uncover the city's charms, but in the end I think I was simply Waiting for Godot.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:01 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Dallas because it's larger and has a brighter future and attracts events like the Superbowl. Cincinnati has an excellent Riverfront though
For the time being . . .

Old 07-31-2017, 10:07 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,087,913 times
This is weird comparison because no one ever thinks of these cities together. It's like asking if you prefer Nepal or Bolivia, it's just out of no where.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:10 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,497,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Any person (even fictional) with a modicum of sense would think so as well, and this despite your efforts to design the criteria to benefit Cincinnati (Less Traffic!). Dallas is a juggernaut; Cincinnati is simply sputtering along. During my numerous visits to Cincinnati over the years I really tried to uncover the city's charms, but in the end I think I was simply Waiting for Godot.
Sorry, but some people aren't as blindly in awe of Dallas as you might believe. The oppressive summer heat, lack of real winter, the horrible traffic, the insane sprawl, the "Texas is #1" mentality, Texas politics, the pancake flat topography, does NOT trump "booming ecenomy". I can find just as good of a job in Cincinnati as Dallas and live cheaper.

Last edited by LordHelmit; 07-31-2017 at 10:44 AM..

Old 07-31-2017, 10:32 AM

70 posts, read 101,341 times
Will the loser of this poll then take on Syracuse, NY? (Or perhaps the winner...?)

Old 07-31-2017, 10:45 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Sorry, but some people aren't as blindly in awe of Dallas as you might believe. The summer heat, lack of real winter, the horrible traffic, the insane sprawl, the "Texas is #1" mentality, Texas politics, the pancake flat topography, does NOT trump "booming ecenomy". I can find just as good of a job in Cincinnati as Dallas and live cheaper.
You could somewhat avoid the "Texas is #1 mentality" in Dallas. There's just too many transplants from all over to have that effect. The politics on the local level are the opposite of the state's. Recently, the Governor wouldn't meet with Dallas's mayor in addition to the ones from other major cities. He has an ax to grind with local laws. But at a macro level, yes. The state politics are worse than Ohio's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City