Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which is better
St. Louis 57 44.53%
Phoenix 71 55.47%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 09:56 AM

345 posts, read 810,629 times

Advertisements

Criteria

quality of life
economy
nightlife
scenery
daytime activities/events
shopping/entertainment venues
transportation
overall vibe
crime rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 10:44 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Phoenix for everything, and despite living here, I say that objectively rather than subjectively, as this is not my number 1 favorite city

Old 12-20-2017, 11:34 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
If we're talking about the cities proper and not including suburbs, here goes...

quality of life - this is close, slight edge to PHX
economy - PHX?
nightlife - tie
scenery - PHX, although just right outside STL is absolutely gorgeous
daytime activities/events - tie
shopping/entertainment venues - STL
transportation - STL
overall vibe - both are unique - tie
crime rate - PHX

Old 12-20-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Phoenix for everything, and despite living here, I say that objectively rather than subjectively, as this is not my number 1 favorite city
Cmon, don't be a homer, dude. I love PHX, too, but STL has a lot to offer, despite its crime and rundown areas. They have everything we do, with a similar COL, and are centrally located. The architecture and downtown there is much better than ours as well. I call this an absolute draw.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:40 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Cmon, don't be a homer, dude. I love PHX, too, but STL has a lot to offer, despite its crime and rundown areas. They have everything we do, with a similar COL, and are centrally located. The architecture and downtown there is much better than ours as well. I call this an absolute draw.
Down to two pro Sports Teams since the Rams went back to Los Angeles, and what I consider crappy weather. Cloudy cold winters, and deep South style summers

Old 12-20-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Down to two pro Sports Teams since the Rams went back to Los Angeles, and what I consider crappy weather. Cloudy cold winters, and deep South style summers
And our summers blow, too. Whats the difference? Weather is just a small factor in the scheme of things. And though they may be down to 2 teams, those two teams are historical and in the case of the Cardinals, very successful. Id rather have two teams who do good, than 4 teams that basically suck butt.

Architecture? STL
Downtown nightlife? STL
Location? STL
Water sustainability? STL
Diversity? STL
Music? STL

Old 12-20-2017, 04:32 PM

9,682 posts, read 9,398,464 times
quality of life: Phoenix
economy: Phoenix
nightlife: Phoenix
scenery: Phoenix
daytime activities/events: Phoenix
shopping/entertainment venues: Phoenix
transportation: Phoenix
overall vibe: Phoenix has a nice, clean, safe, modern vibe
crime rate: Phoenix

I would choose Phoenix.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:51 PM

1,013 posts, read 912,633 times
Funny...a lot of people move TO Phoenix from Missouri ��

I’m more familiar with STL and it’s not as bad as people say it is but I think I prefer the desert, mountains and lifestyle and proximity of things I like to do that Phoenix offers.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:51 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,265,848 times
I voted for St Louis because I like the beautiful old neighborhoods and 4 seasons. There is just a certain something about the Midwest river cities that I love.

I do like that Phoenix doesn't have humidity, and it has incredible scenery and I think is underrated as a whole.

I wouldn't mind living in either of these cities if my career took me to either of them (and there is a reasonable chance I could go to either of them)

Both are underrated on City Data for different reasons, but both are great places to live.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:48 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,735,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
And our summers blow, too. Whats the difference? Weather is just a small factor in the scheme of things. And though they may be down to 2 teams, those two teams are historical and in the case of the Cardinals, very successful. Id rather have two teams who do good, than 4 teams that basically suck butt.

Architecture? STL
Downtown nightlife? STL
Location? STL
Water sustainability? STL
Diversity? STL
Music? STL
How do our 4 teams suck butt? D'baks were in the NLDS this year. The Cardinals are 2 years removed from the NFC Championship game. The Suns have the 4th best all time winning percentage in the entire NBA. On top of that we have an NCAA Power 5 conference right in the city too, one that happens to have the #3 mens basketball team right now.

Add to that all the tourneys, bowls, golf, polo, racing, and non-big 4 sports in town? I can't think of many cities that match Phoenix as a sports lovers paradise.

Last edited by locolife; 12-20-2017 at 07:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City