Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 07:38 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,923,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Neither for transportation, despite Midtown Atlanta's three heavy rail subway stations?
Thank you! That makes zero sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 09:23 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Midtown Atlanta wins on everything. I can still afford to live in Midtown Atlanta, in Nashville not a chance.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:43 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,415,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Neither for transportation, despite Midtown Atlanta's three heavy rail subway stations?
It's kind of pointless, I'm from NYC, so I should know.

It was much faster parking down the street...walking to our location...walking back to our car, then leave Midtown, especially after midnight.

I really don't know how it's really NEEDED if you don't live in Atlanta.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:00 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,699,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post

It was much faster parking down the street...walking to our location...walking back to our car, then leave Midtown, especially after midnight.

But Atlanta's being compared to Nashville in this thread, not NYC.

Nashville only has bus transit in their Midtown. So Atlanta with its subway lines and stations definitely comes out on top.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:59 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
But Atlanta's being compared to Nashville in this thread, not NYC.

Nashville only has bus transit in their Midtown. So Atlanta with its subway lines and stations definitely comes out on top.
Yea Nashville Coulda had Light Rail in Midtown But the VOTERS voted it Down This Year, Ugh How Stupid. Hell, Even Memphis has TROLLEYS...

So Yea if It Makes the Atlanta Boosters feel better Midtown Atlanta takes this one, But Nashville does Have "The Gulch"

On a Side Note.. Midtown Atlanta's Skyline is So Pretty from Piedmont Park

Old 07-06-2018, 06:24 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,699,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Yea Nashville Coulda had Light Rail in Midtown But the VOTERS voted it Down This Year, Ugh How Stupid. Hell, Even Memphis has TROLLEYS...

So Yea if It Makes the Atlanta Boosters feel better Midtown Atlanta takes this one, But Nashville does Have "The Gulch"

On a Side Note.. Midtown Atlanta's Skyline is So Pretty from Piedmont Park
To be clear, my post wasn't intended as a knock against Nashville and an attempt to boost Atlanta. It was merely to correct the poster's claim that there's no objective difference between Midtown Nashville and Midtown Atlanta as far as transportation (that is false)

Old 07-06-2018, 06:26 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post

Lolololol

Old 07-06-2018, 07:47 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Lolololol
I didn't know until now what area Nashville considered as midtown. I've heard it mentioned when visiting there but that is it.

Give Nashville another 10 years or so to develop as a city and then it may be a comparison but now I will go with Atlanta and it's not close or fair comparison.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:08 AM

23,451 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
I think I remember seeing that in Nashville and asking ppl in the Nashville thread what that area was, there’s a gap between it and downtown. Probably Atlanta. But Nash has lots of potential.
There's imagined potential and then there's realized potential. Atlanta all day.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:27 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp01512 View Post
Which of these respective sunbelt cities are developing the more balanced midtown (attractions, amenities, transportation, etc.) based off current developments (employment, housing, amenities, etc.)?
Midtown Atlanta is just much more developed, much more vibrant and robust, and larger.

Midtown Nashville is still early in its development and is booming now. It will take 6 or 8 years of building and more development and growth to be the size of Atlanta's midtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City