Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2018, 05:40 PM

2 posts, read 530 times

Advertisements

Husband is a pilot so he can commute to his job by flying in on a jump seat (what he currently does.) He is probably going to be based out of LAX, they’re sending a lot of pilots there and management has hinted at it. We are currently i a small town in Indiana. After research, we are stuck between Wildomar, CA and Saint George, UT on what’s best for us to move to if he gets on at LAX. We have six children, no we are not Mormon, we homeschool, prefer low crime. Saint George has lower taxes then wildomar, but wildomar is near family (husbands parents.) Saint George doesn’t seem to have a lot to do but Wildomar has the SoCal traffic that’s horrible. Those are a few thoughts we have had so far. House prices seem equal besides we can get more property in Saint George. I’m honestly not sure what’s right for our family long term. Thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 07:41 AM

3,167 posts, read 2,219,936 times
Saint George has a lot to do from an outdoors perspective, with its proximity to many national and state parks. It's probably just as easy to drive from there to Las Vegas much of the time as from Wildomar to the majority of the Los Angeles area, given the latter region's traffic. Much better air quality around Saint George as well compared to smoggy inland southern California. I think any part of southern California would be a pretty startling transition from the small town Midwest, so it may not be ideal unless your family particularly wants a change.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:31 AM

23,483 posts, read 44,134,843 times
Isn't St. George where the movie stars all got irradiated by nuclear testing and ended up with cancer?

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/...onqueror-film/

Uh, yeah.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 530 times
I just read about the water restrictions in CA. I literally can’t do that with six kids and all the laundry we do. I think my decision was just made. Thanks guys!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City