Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 02:03 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
As I said most in the Northeast tend to make fun of FL.

Perhaps in your little corner of Philadelphia, but this is absolutely not true overall by any means in the Northeast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 02:33 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,594,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Perhaps in your little corner of Philadelphia, but this is absolutely not true overall by any means in the Northeast.
Yeah, I'm in New York and people here don't look down on Florida. If anything, we're jealous of the weather.

Old 12-11-2019, 03:49 PM

17,148 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Yeah, I'm in New York and people here don't look down on Florida. If anything, we're jealous of the weather.
Same with my cousins, friends and colleagues in NYC. The one thing they don't like about FL cities (and most sunbelt cities in general) is the lack of urbanity, which alters ones lifestyle quite drastically.

Old 12-11-2019, 04:13 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times
Maybe the other person meant to say a lot of NY’ers have fun in, not make fun of, FL:

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...e--census-says

Last edited by elchevere; 12-11-2019 at 04:36 PM..

Old 12-11-2019, 06:03 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,970,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hawaii also has that reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
I guess I neglected to mention that Hawaii is a universally loved sunny beach state. I don't think it's more similar to one than the others though because it just seems kindof disconnected from the rest of the US.
Hawaii is my favorite beach state. Florida and CA are just fighting for second. Florida has the better beaches in my opinion, although California has much better surf. Florida has good diving. I've heard there are cool things to see diving in California, but it is just too cold for me to have any interest.

Old 12-11-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Hawaii is my favorite beach state. Florida and CA are just fighting for second. Florida has the better beaches in my opinion, although California has much better surf. Florida has good diving. I've heard there are cool things to see diving in California, but it is just too cold for me to have any interest.
CA has some amazing Oceanside scenery that just does not exist in FL though...

Old 12-11-2019, 08:27 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,504 times
Florida is just the poor mans coastal state. Warm water, but awful culture, weather, economy, and vibe.

Old 12-11-2019, 08:33 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,594,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Florida is just the poor mans coastal state. Warm water, but awful culture, weather, economy, and vibe.
That's just like your opinion, man. What's so "awful" about the culture, though?

Old 12-11-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Last I checked, the economy is pretty strong.

What’s wrong with the culture? And vibe? And of which city particularly? Tampa, Orlando and Miami are all quite different from each other in those aspects, so I’d be interested in hearing more about this “awfulness...”

Old 12-11-2019, 10:23 PM

381 posts, read 348,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybox View Post
I think a false stereotype is that California is warm year round, good luck getting through 2/3 of the year wearing a t-shirt. Central Coast during Spring it can get down to mid 30s at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Agreed. I'm way down in south Orange County and it's been in the 40s when I get up in the morning. Sure, it warms up to the high 60s or so by afternoon but mornings and evenings are downright chilly. Unless you're coming from a much colder climate, I guess.
Wow. 40s is cold to people? Talk about spoiled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City