Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 12:05 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSentinel View Post
If you drive around north of WS, you just might find Mayberry.
In Spock voice: What is this Mayberry you speak of? I cannot locate its scientific origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 04:09 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,395,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
A random poster on a random site promoting Greenville having more impact than a marketing team that does research on demographics on how to target people to come to the area, yeah, okay. Again, you vastly overestimate your importance to this site, Greenville, and the world in general, and it was important that I pointed that out .
Sounds like you are doing some fancy mind reading.

I never said or implied that I'm 'important'. I don't even know what that means. How could a person be 'important' to this website or 'important' to a city. You are making an incoherent insult.

You could say I overestimate the amount of unique visitors to this forum or the underestimate the number of people that slick city marketing reaches and influences to visit Gville, but it has nothing to do with how I view myself.

I said 'possibly' not probably my posts have a greater reach than Greenville's city marketing.

It is funny how some you guys get worked up somebody says government people don't control things as much as you think they do.

I would say self important people like to talk about other people rather than topics like cities. You are trying to make this topic about what you think about me as though that is important.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 02-28-2020 at 04:23 PM..

Old 02-28-2020, 05:54 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,923,077 times
What a familiar theme that's emerging, like so many threads...

Old 02-28-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
What a familiar theme that's emerging, like so many threads...
The theme is some people like you who insult rather than talk about topics.....

People don't have to validate your opinions.

You asserted that I 'slighted' W-S on this topic and called me a homer who puts Greenville 'up on a pedestal' even though I said Greenville and W-S seem pretty similar.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:29 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,923,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
The theme is some people like you who insult rather than talk about topics.....

People don't have to validate your opinions.

You asserted that I 'slighted' W-S on this topic and called me a homer who puts Greenville 'up on a pedestal' even though I said Greenville and W-S seem pretty similar.

You are a homer, and you were dismissive of every positive attribute I listed about Winston-Salem. Now you are arguig with an entirely different collection of posters, it's a common theme of yours that keeps repeating.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:33 PM

The guy who asserted W-S is more significant a city than Greenville, has adaptative reuse buildings on scale never seen in other cities, W-S's downtown is more lively than Greenville's downtown, W-S doesn't need to run ads but Greenville does (even though W-S does run ads), etc says I'm a homer. I think at least 50 percent of people familiar with these two cities would disagree with your assertions.

I say Greenville and W-S seem similar, which could not be more neutral, and you call me a homer. Your goal is to characterize me and anybody who has a diffferent opinion in a negative way.

Even after you made those hyperbolic comments about W-S, I didn't call you a homer or say you slighted Greenville.

Please put me on your ignore list. I wish there was a way I could block you from seeing my posts.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:47 PM

1,228 posts, read 797,045 times
I hope all of us can be friendly and welcoming, much like most of the wonderful Southern cities we live in, or have lived in, or may live in in the future.

Old 02-28-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSentinel View Post
I hope all of us can be friendly and welcoming, much like most of the wonderful Southern cities we live in, or have lived in, or may live in in the future.
You keep implying that I am not friendly. I do stand up for myself when somebody mischaracterizes me.

What are your thoughts about W-S and Greenville? I have yet to see you post about these cities

Old 02-28-2020, 08:41 PM

597 posts, read 448,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Thank you for confirming and sharing. It takes a lot of work to make videos and gather information to inform potential visitors. Hanging Rock looks nice.

A few more vids on Hanging Rock..... great to have such a park just 30 miles from downtown...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGV2ELck8uw&t=73s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeFW8K24y6w

Old 02-29-2020, 02:22 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Greenville has Caesar's Head State Park about 45 minutes from its downtown. Both cities benefit from their close proximity to the mountains.

https://southcarolinaparks.com/caesars-head

https://youtu.be/Fyyu8zI1JQw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City