Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 11:06 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,102,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Uncommon_ View Post
I agree but I think it’s mostly the opposite: people wanting to feel superior and hoping to elevate their city by needlessly comparing it to a “little guy.” Then they get a raging hard-on seeing their favorite city dominating a poll chosen by the sheep of City-Data that have never been to either city but simply use popularity, name-brand, or what’s currently en vogue to make their decision. Very sad.
I hadn't thought of it that way, but I imagine that happens as well.
Either way, anyone getting a "raging hard-on" from a city data poll should probable consider a Tinder account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 03:38 PM

747 posts, read 496,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
I hadn't thought of it that way, but I imagine that happens as well.
Either way, anyone getting a "raging hard-on" from a city data poll should probable consider a Tinder account.
Lol you’d be surprised. Too many people seem to obtain self-gratification from this website. You’ll find them bashing any city that isn’t theirs or poses a threat, criticizing every poster that disagrees with their opinion about their favorite city, and religiously defending their favorite city against supposed naysayers until climax.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:47 PM

942 posts, read 563,275 times
Quote:
Lol you’d be surprised. Too many people seem to obtain self-gratification from this website. You’ll find them bashing any city that isn’t theirs or poses a threat, criticizing every poster that disagrees with their opinion about their favorite city, and religiously defending their favorite city against supposed naysayers until climax.
Oh, oh yeah. I'm getting a raging clue over here

But seriously, I have never been to Jacksonville. Can you explain why they are so different? They are both on the coast, plenty of outdoor things to do, close in population and passionate on sports. Other than being a big tech hub, what sets Seattle apart?

Another person said Mobile would be a better comparison. Does Mobile even have a sports scene?

Old 04-17-2020, 03:57 PM

68 posts, read 40,112 times
Which is more cosmopolitan?

Old 04-17-2020, 04:52 PM

591 posts, read 819,771 times
Seattle for everything. Including weather.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:58 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,153,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post

But seriously, I have never been to Jacksonville. Can you explain why they are so different? They are both on the coast, plenty of outdoor things to do, close in population and passionate on sports. Other than being a big tech hub, what sets Seattle apart?

Another person said Mobile would be a better comparison. Does Mobile even have a sports scene?
They are not close in population. 4 Million v 1.5 Million. That would be the significant factor that affects most of the categories. Mobile is not a good comparison either, but I would think that poster's point was that even Mobile would be a better comparison. And maybe so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineville0493 View Post
Which is more cosmopolitan?
Seattle by a lot.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:50 PM

747 posts, read 496,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post

Jacksonville is worlds different from Seattle.

For one thing, Jax is as close to any major city in FL gets to being conservative, while Seattle is very liberal and progressive. Seattle is fast-paced, Jacksonville is slower. Jax is more a military hub, Seattle is a tech hub. Seattle is a huge city, Jacksonville is a huge town. Seattle is a top city in the US based on a variety of elements, like tech and innovation, economic output, information, and others, and Jacksonville is probably the 4th or 5th most important city in the state.

Jax is a cool town so I don’t mean to belittle it but it’s simply not on Seattle’s level. I feel a better comparison would be Oklahoma City or San Antonio.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:51 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times
The beaches are back open in Jacksonville with restricted hours and rules.

Old 04-19-2020, 09:38 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,576,265 times
Quote:
Not a fair fight. Why even compare these? Seattle wins everything except weather.
And I'd argue that Seattle weather is superior to Jax's. Ever been to these cities in the summer? No comparison.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:02 PM

75 posts, read 39,224 times
Isn't JAX one of the cheapest large cities? I've never been to either city but I'd choose JAX 9/10 over Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City