Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
San Francisco 38 71.70%
Orlando 15 28.30%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 09:44 AM

11,781 posts, read 7,995,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
For the 100th time. There's nothing wrong with comparing these two metros just because one is larger and more urban. For all the silly posts and threads on this site, comparing two different sized metro areas in America is completely normal and something that people in the real world do every day.

With that said, I prefer the Bay area over Central Florida. I don't care much for San Francisco itself but I also know that Orlando wouldn't suit me either.
You're right, lets go with New York vs El-Paso on the next round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 01:50 PM

747 posts, read 496,752 times
I didn’t love the comparison either but I don’t think it’s an indictment on San Francisco that it’s being compared to Orlando. Nor do I consider being juxtaposed with San Francisco an ode to Orlando. It’s just a question lol. At first I was confused but when I considered the criterion, it made more sense.

Some of the criterion is very fair and an argument can definitely be made for at least half. This thread isn’t asking which city is more important or more populated or anything like that; the question simply is about preference. That question can be asked about any 2 cities, whether they’re close in stature or not. By all accounts, San Francisco is the better city, but I largely prefer Orlando for a variety of reasons, some of them referenced in the OP.

Old 05-11-2020, 02:18 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
Which do you prefer and why? (Includes metro areas). Which is better for the following:
By Metro:

Climate: San Francisco
Education (includes higher education): San Francisco
Dining out: San Francisco
Cultural offerings: San Francisco
Classical music performances: San Francisco
History: San Francisco
Healthcare: San Francisco
Diversity: San Francisco
Entertainment: San Francisco
Nightlife: San Francisco
Public transport: San Francisco
Strength of local economy: San Francisco
Scenery: San Francisco
Cost of living: Orlando
Shopping: San Francisco
More friendly people: I didnt notice a difference.

Orlando and San Francisco are both booming destinations for different kinds of people, so it's not like theyre really in competition in that sense.

Im more interested in the Orlando CSA, which is the 2nd fastest growing Top 50 CSA behind Cape Coral, FL--that's very noteworthy.

Old 05-11-2020, 04:04 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
You're right, lets go with New York vs El-Paso on the next round.
Start the thread.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:37 PM

795 posts, read 481,915 times
I'm so confused, some people literally commented only to explain their dissatisfaction with the comparison .... If you didn't like the comparison, why comment only to tell everyone of your disinterest?! Just don't comment....

OP was just trying to start a new thread... Some people need to chill a bit.

...Anyways, I voted for Orlando. Personally it is one of my favorite U.S. Cities. Much more affordable, Orlando itself is enjoyable! Plus you have Disney World, Universal, Sea World etc..

Old 05-11-2020, 05:57 PM

11,781 posts, read 7,995,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Start the thread.
I'll let you be the lead man on that one. You seem quite confident it will be a hit, I wouldn't want to steal your glory

Old 05-12-2020, 01:07 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I'll let you be the lead man on that one. You seem quite confident it will be a hit, I wouldn't want to steal your glory
Why would I seem like it would be a hit when you suggested it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City