Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City would you chose for us?
Houston 30 20.41%
Dallas 54 36.73%
Atlanta 63 42.86%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 01:27 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
But we’re speaking of Americans. To bring middle eastern countries into the equation would be akin to bringing in African countries too. They both are horrendous when it comes to LGBT rights.

Arabs in the US are lumped into the same categories as whites. They still came out higher.

I’m not saying that Arabs don’t have their issues in this regard, but it isn’t Arabs looking down on Atlanta for its gay scene. That is mostly within the black community.
Please? There’s plenty of White overly religious heterosexuals who look down on places like San Francisco for it having such a strong LGBT culture. There’s also predominantly White religious organizations that protest and hold rally’s against the LGBT community here in this country. I mean White America created most of the homophobic slurs bigots use to this day. Also created the stigma that help birthed the gay pride movement in the first place but for some reason the Black community are singled out as the new face of homophobia in this country. The thing is anytime a group of Black people do anything in this country the entire community is generalized for it and is used as a scapegoat for all the ills of society. It’s like, “when White kids come out, the community throws a parade for them, when a Black kid comes out there’s fire and brimstone thrown at them.” No different than people using the term “Black on Black crime” when statistically whites kill whites and Hispanics kill Hispanics cause of proximity. It’s typical American propaganda and I’m kinda shocked you would repeat it.

Now that’s not to say there isn’t homophobic behavior in the black community. I’ve heard it before but I’ve also heard the same sentiments with White people too. I’ve seen White kids bully other kids growing up because they thought they were gay. But in America Whites generally get passes and Blacks don’t. And how did this thread get this far off of topic??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 01:32 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
...Even in the whitest areas because they are used to seeing people like me.Im never have a feeling of being out of place.
I like the choices I have as to which black culture (or not) I can join.

Yes, exactly. The beauty of Atlanta.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:33 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,027,443 times
Quote:
There are not enough words to fully articulate my hatred for Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. It was through these religions that:

1) people were enslaved
2) their cultures destroyed and these vile doctrines forced on them instead
3) tribal type hatred of other groups emerged
4) LGBT people are dehumanized
5) race/ethnic mixing Discouraged
6) women subjugated

Bringing it to the black community, how crazy is it that they took you from your home, destroyed your culture, enslaved your ancestors, and now you’re the most religious race in America? They did this to your ancestors and now you worship their god! That’s hard for me to understand. Arabs too to a degree. We had many other religions like Zoroastrianism, but our homelands are now plagued with the scourge of Islam. Our culture was destroyed and our ancestors enslaved too and most of still pray to their god. Because it was so long ago it’s as if we forget. But in our case the tyranny of Muslim governments prevent us from leaving.
You dont understand but let me explain as best as I can. I used to be like most blacks raised up in the church but no longer consider myslef reliegious.Im not agnostic either.Put me in the category of something is out there but I cant say what.
You so right to what you say about black people following Christianity despite its history.You have to realise that it was also the church that gave people hope to get out of there situation. Hope is what gets mankind through ad sutuations. Hope comes from religion more than any other source.
It was a black Preacher that helped us with that hope to get out of the thumb of Jim Crow,
It was also a Muslim activist that told us by any mean necessary are we to take our right to exiist as children of Allah.
So I dont disagree but you cant ignore what church has done to get us as people today.

Now taht we for the most part are here,Im in favor of more blacks leaving the church as the trends overwhelmingly shows they are. I know a lot of blacks that are not buying into Christian doctrine for the same reasons you say here

I found this article so funny.Blacks left evangical white led churches in droves when Trump won.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/09/u...-churches.html

Old 05-23-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
Yes, we know how much you hated Atlanta because there were too many black people there for you and they didn't worship you as a white man and how much happier you are in Dallas.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:38 PM

8,335 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Please? There’s plenty of White overly religious heterosexuals who look down on places like San Francisco for it having such a strong LGBT culture. There’s also predominantly White religious organizations that protest and hold rally’s against the LGBT community here in this country. I mean White America created most of the homophobic slurs bigots use to this day. Also created the stigma that help birthed the gay pride movement in the first place but for some reason the Black community are singled out as the new face of homophobia in this country. The thing is anytime a group of Black people do anything in this country the entire community is generalized for it and is used as a scapegoat for all the ills of society. It’s like, “when White kids come out, the community throws a parade for them, when a Black kid comes out there’s fire and brimstone thrown at them.” No different than people using the term “Black on Black crime” when statistically whites kill whites and Hispanics kill Hispanics cause of proximity. It’s typical American propaganda and I’m kinda shocked you would repeat it.

Now that’s not to say there isn’t homophobic behavior in the black community. I’ve heard it before but I’ve also heard the same sentiments with White people too. I’ve seen White kids bully other kids growing up because they thought they were gay. But in America Whites generally get passes and Blacks don’t. And how did this thread get this far off of topic??
Thats not where I was going.

Southernboy specifically said Dallas is celebrated for its gay culture and Atlanta is looked down for it. If that is true (which I dont know that it is), then the implication is actually quite clear as to which group is pointing the finger. What you seemed to have interpreted me saying is that homophobia doesnt exist in the white community which of course is not even remotely true. Statistically black people in the US are more likely to disapprove of the LGBT lifestyle. Thats just what every single poll reveals. This is not propaganda but rather it can be statistically shown. Its an emotional topic and I get that, but if data exists on the subject then it must be looked at.

https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/...-gay-marriage/

To be fair when broken down by religion, white evangelical protestants scored lowest followed by black protestants, Catholics, white mainline protestants, and non-religious.

What you say about whites getting passes that blacks dont get, ABSOLUTELY. That is true in every single aspect of life. White privilege is very alive and well in this country and the statistics show that too. But that doesnt mean that if something can be verified through mathematical methodology that we should ignore it because its uncomfortable.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I’m gonna be frank here: when broken down by racial group, blacks are the least supportive of LGBT rights. For this one a finger cannot be pointed at other races. This is for the black community to figure out.
This is one of the biggest, drawn-our myths so that non-Blacks can, again, falsely feel better about themselves and try to have something else (falsely) to tag on Blacks.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:40 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post

White americans for the most part have accepted there gay brothers and sisters. I see plenty of gay white men and women in authoritative positions. But I do agree that the heterosexual black community is more accepting than what the media depicts. The younger millennials for the most part don’t give a damn. Hell many of them go both ways.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:40 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
No.....EADO is not like Deep Ellum... sorry

We get it.....Houstonians wants to have a Deep Ellum...so...they create an area to satisfy that itch.

The History of Deep Ellum is not the same as the Houston district......The Vibe either.
No district in Houston Compares to Deep Ellum.......not one.
Maybe if you would have focused more on an education instead of partying you would have better comprehension skills. I didn’t say Eado was like Deep Ellum. I implied it’s more comparable to Deep Ellum than Third Ward since their both primarily entertainment districts.

I literally said Houston doesn’t have a Deep Ellum pages ago so what was the point of this post? You do realize anytime you type you don’t make Dallas look favorable in the slightest bit. If I were you and I were trying to prove the skeptics wrong about Dallas Black culture(btw I think I’m doing a better job of that than you) I would say as little as possible and just post some YouTube videos. Let that do the typing, not YOU DallasBOI. Lol

Old 05-23-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
Generally thats true and I get your point but more so in areas away from cities, but how different is that from any ethnic group?Arabs are even worse yet very hypocritical. I lived in the Middle East in several countries and I seen how hidden and underground how homosexuality is there.
It’s not generally true... and you just said it’s not any different than any other ethnic group.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:43 PM

8,335 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
This is one of the biggest, drawn-our myths so that non-Blacks can, again, falsely feel better about themselves and try to have something else (falsely) to tag on Blacks.
Go read the post above yours and youll see where I was going and the data behind it.

And yeah, its true. Its statistically shown. Sorry if you dont like the answer but its there.

https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/...-gay-marriage/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City