Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 04:56 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,197,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Atlanta, a lot of the Midtown and Buckhead areas I hear are walkable and urban. Phoenix has basically no walkable areas except downtown and just north of downtown.

Which is better for the arts, Spokane, WA or Rochester, NY?
I'd guess Rochester since it's bigger. Which city has a better street grid; Phoenix or Houston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2020, 04:57 PM

14,162 posts, read 9,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Atlanta, a lot of the Midtown and Buckhead areas I hear are walkable and urban. Phoenix has basically no walkable areas except downtown and just north of downtown.

Which is better for the arts, Spokane, WA or Rochester, NY?
Curveball there. I'd say Rochester. George Eastman's fortune endowed it with several outstanding cultural institutions.

Which city is better for barbecue, Kansas City or Memphis?

Old 11-29-2020, 05:05 PM

9,862 posts, read 6,579,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'd guess Rochester since it's bigger. Which city has a better street grid; Phoenix or Houston?
Houston. The street grid in Phoenix is fairly uniform but it’s not implemented like Houston’s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Curveball there. I'd say Rochester. George Eastman's fortune endowed it with several outstanding cultural institutions.

Which city is better for barbecue, Kansas City or Memphis?
I like Memphis BBQ.

Which city is better for gambling? Atlantic City, NJ or Biloxi, MS?

Old 11-29-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Houston. The street grid in Phoenix is fairly uniform but it’s not implemented like Houston’s.

I like Memphis BBQ.

Which city is better for gambling? Atlantic City, NJ or Biloxi, MS?
I'm guessing AC because it's more well known. Which city is more in touch with it's connection to the sea; Miami or Norfolk?

Old 11-29-2020, 07:24 PM

9,862 posts, read 6,579,684 times
Quote:
I'm guessing AC because it's more well known. Which city is more in touch with it's connection to the sea; Miami or Norfolk?
Miami. Most of metro Miami is basically a pencil along the coast.

Which city is better for food? Austin or Portland?

Old 11-29-2020, 07:31 PM

946 posts, read 564,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Miami. Most of metro Miami is basically a pencil along the coast.

Which city is better for food? Austin or Portland?
Austin. The barbeque is beyond anything Portland could offer.

Which city is better for surfing? Honolulu or San Diego?

Old 11-30-2020, 04:14 AM

10,747 posts, read 23,809,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Austin. The barbeque is beyond anything Portland could offer.

Which city is better for surfing? Honolulu or San Diego?
San Diego, Hawaii is better for surfing, but the best waves in Oahu are on the North Shore away from Honolulu. SD has good legit waves on its beaches.

Which city does has a more interesting music legacy? Seattle or Atlanta?

Old 11-30-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
San Diego, Hawaii is better for surfing, but the best waves in Oahu are on the North Shore away from Honolulu. SD has good legit waves on its beaches.

Which city does has a more interesting music legacy? Seattle or Atlanta?
Atlanta. There's a lot of musical artists and producers connected with that city. Which has better attractions; San Diego or Orlando?

Old 11-30-2020, 10:41 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,951,123 times
Quote:
Atlanta. There's a lot of musical artists and producers connected with that city. Which has better attractions; San Diego or Orlando?
Orlando if you're under 30, San Diego if you're 30 and over. San Diego's top attractions tend to deal more with educational living and while there are certainly some kid-friendly attractions like SeaWorld and the zoo (basically the closest thing to Disney's Animal Kingdom on the west coast), the experiences there cater to a more mature crowd than their Orlando counterparts, which is demographically a younger city by comparison not surprisingly.

Which city would be better for antique shopping, Lancaster, PA or Manchester, NH?

Old 11-30-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Orlando if you're under 30, San Diego if you're 30 and over. San Diego's top attractions tend to deal more with educational living and while there are certainly some kid-friendly attractions like SeaWorld and the zoo (basically the closest thing to Disney's Animal Kingdom on the west coast), the experiences there cater to a more mature crowd than their Orlando counterparts, which is demographically a younger city by comparison not surprisingly.

Which city would be better for antique shopping, Lancaster, PA or Manchester, NH?
Lancaster. Probably some good deals too since that's Amish country. Which city do you think will have a better economy over the next 10 years; Pittsburgh or Detroit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City