Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 11:08 AM

8,323 posts, read 5,484,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Lancaster. Probably some good deals too since that's Amish country. Which city do you think will have a better economy over the next 10 years; Pittsburgh or Detroit?
Honestly, Detroit. I think they are on the upswing and having a giant hub airport there will really provide an advantage.

Which place offers better access to country living while offering a reasonable commute to the city? Wichita, KS or Omaha, NE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2020, 11:21 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Lancaster. Probably some good deals too since that's Amish country. Which city do you think will have a better economy over the next 10 years; Pittsburgh or Detroit?
Detroit based on recent investment and more technology based economy.

Which city would be better for higher education; Nashville or Atlanta?

Old 11-30-2020, 02:04 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,574,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Detroit based on recent investment and more technology based economy.

Which city would be better for higher education; Nashville or Atlanta?
Atlanta simply has more options. But Nashville has more going on when factoring how much smaller it is. So Nashville!

Which city is better for openly practicing Christianity... Salt Lake City or Arlington, Tx?

Old 11-30-2020, 03:08 PM

1,801 posts, read 1,950,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Atlanta simply has more options. But Nashville has more going on when factoring how much smaller it is. So Nashville!

Which city is better for openly practicing Christianity... Salt Lake City or Arlington, Tx?
I'll have to say Arlington. Salt Lake City is still a bit too LDS-dominated, even though it has a Catholic cathedral just down the street from the LDS mother church. But Arlington (and DFW in general) is certainly better for most Christian denominations in general, and its the only major city that has a Christian radio station in the top five among formats.

Keeping the religious theme: which city is better for openly being a Jew? Charlotte or Indianapolis? (Going with some nontraditional options here)

Old 11-30-2020, 06:33 PM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Honestly, Detroit. I think they are on the upswing and having a giant hub airport there will really provide an advantage.

Which place offers better access to country living while offering a reasonable commute to the city? Wichita, KS or Omaha, NE?
This got skipped.

I'd say it's a tie between the two; it doesn't take long for you to enter farmland after leaving either city's downtown. Wichita, however, is a little smaller than Omaha, so it might hold the edge here.

Repeating the last question: Which city is better for being a Jew, Charlotte or Indianapolis?

Old 11-30-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
This got skipped.

I'd say it's a tie between the two; it doesn't take long for you to enter farmland after leaving either city's downtown. Wichita, however, is a little smaller than Omaha, so it might hold the edge here.

Repeating the last question: Which city is better for being a Jew, Charlotte or Indianapolis?
Indianapolis because it is less Southern Baptist and also has more resources for Jewish families.

Which city is better for luxury homes?

Santa Monica, CA or Boca Raton, FL?

Old 11-30-2020, 09:28 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Indianapolis because it is less Southern Baptist and also has more resources for Jewish families.

Which city is better for luxury homes?

Santa Monica, CA or Boca Raton, FL?
Just a guess but I said Boca Raton based on what I've heard of it. Which city has done a better job of preserving it's history Boston or Philadelphia?

Old 11-30-2020, 10:55 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,574,356 times
Quote:
Just a guess but I said Boca Raton based on what I've heard of it. Which city has done a better job of preserving it's history Boston or Philadelphia?
Maybe the most to the wire one yet, but id imagine the slight edge goes to Philly.

What city better showcases beach culture, Miami or LA? (Not asking better looking beaches as that one would obviously be miami, but instead better beach culture

Old 12-01-2020, 11:57 AM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Maybe the most to the wire one yet, but id imagine the slight edge goes to Philly.

What city better showcases beach culture, Miami or LA? (Not asking better looking beaches as that one would obviously be miami, but instead better beach culture
I'd say these days probably Miami. Which city has the most diverse economy, Dallas or Atlanta?

Old 12-01-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I'd say these days probably Miami. Which city has the most diverse economy, Dallas or Atlanta?
Dallas based on its telecommunications, technology, and high wage job relocations. Dallas also has better infrastructure and less segregated.

Which city is better for high end shopping? Phoenix, AZ or Seattle, WA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City