Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2020, 12:27 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,197,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
San Diego. Its proximity to Orange County (including Disneyland, which is only around an hour away from Northern SD county) is the X factor here in addition to SeaWorld itself and if you count it, the Zoo. There's also Belmont Park near SeaWorld and Legoland in North County.

What San Antonio offers itself is about even with what SD offers (a SeaWorld along with a SixFlags and a few smaller ones), its too far from any other notable destination offering theme parks. Plus, given its landlocked location, SeaWorld in SA isn't nice as SD.

Which city is better for stay at home moms, Portland, OR or Baltimore?
I'm guessing Portland. Which city has a better commute St. Louis or Kansas City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 05:07 PM

14,162 posts, read 9,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'm guessing Portland. Which city has a better commute St. Louis or Kansas City?
Kansas City by a nose. Both cities are known for relatively uncongested traffic, but no US metro of 2 million-plus has less traffic congestion than Kansas City. (Actually, I think that no metro of 2 million-plus in the Western Hemisphere has less traffic congestion than Kansas City.) I cut my teeth driving there, and driving there is still a breeze. Many point to the stat that there are more freeway lane-miles per capita in KC than in any other large US metro as the reason, but personally, I think the metro's arterial street network, including Kansas City, Mo.'s beloved boulevards, also contribute to the smooth flow.

However, St. Louis has a light metro system and Kansas City doesn't. If you want to relax on your commute rather than drive, choose St. Louis.

Which city is better for winter recreation, Denver or Salt Lake City?

Old 12-16-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Kansas City by a nose. Both cities are known for relatively uncongested traffic, but no US metro of 2 million-plus has less traffic congestion than Kansas City. (Actually, I think that no metro of 2 million-plus in the Western Hemisphere has less traffic congestion than Kansas City.) I cut my teeth driving there, and driving there is still a breeze. Many point to the stat that there are more freeway lane-miles per capita in KC than in any other large US metro as the reason, but personally, I think the metro's arterial street network, including Kansas City, Mo.'s beloved boulevards, also contribute to the smooth flow.

However, St. Louis has a light metro system and Kansas City doesn't. If you want to relax on your commute rather than drive, choose St. Louis.

Which city is better for winter recreation, Denver or Salt Lake City?
Seems like they'd be close to equal in that regard but I picked SLC since it's closer to the mountains. Which city is better known for writers/written works, Boston or San Francisco?

Old 12-16-2020, 07:00 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,387,327 times
Quote:
Seems like they'd be close to equal in that regard but I picked SLC since it's closer to the mountains. Which city is better known for writers/written works, Boston or San Francisco?
Boston, especially if you include works in higher education.

Which city is better for entertainment? Las Vegas or Miami?

Old 12-17-2020, 04:58 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,951,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Boston, especially if you include works in higher education.

Which city is better for entertainment? Las Vegas or Miami?
Las Vegas easily. Miami is no slouch, but Vegas is basically built toward show biz being an integral part of its economy. You'll find a lot more mid-sized venues for performers in particular, whereas Miami's are mostly small and more about clubbing or lounging. Miami has much more than just entertainment in its fabric, from dining, shopping, visiting the beach, and the Everglades. There's no such thing as "Nashami"!

Which city is better for snowmobiling, Milwaukee or Detroit?

Old 12-17-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Las Vegas easily. Miami is no slouch, but Vegas is basically built toward show biz being an integral part of its economy. You'll find a lot more mid-sized venues for performers in particular, whereas Miami's are mostly small and more about clubbing or lounging. Miami has much more than just entertainment in its fabric, from dining, shopping, visiting the beach, and the Everglades. There's no such thing as "Nashami"!

Which city is better for snowmobiling, Milwaukee or Detroit?
I'd say Milwaukee since it seems it's closer to wide open spaces to do that. Which city is better for public transportation, Chicago or Philadelphia?

Old 12-17-2020, 06:40 PM

14,162 posts, read 9,054,479 times
Quote:
I'd say Milwaukee since it seems it's closer to wide open spaces to do that. Which city is better for public transportation, Chicago or Philadelphia?
Tossup: Chicago has a more extensive rapid transit network, Philadelphia better transit service in its suburbs, including two light rail lines, a light metro and a dense regional rail network that provides service at decent intervals throughout the day. The cities' bus networks are equally dense in city and suburbs.

Chicago gets the edge on the strength of its rapid transit network.

Which is better for raising kids, Kansas City or Dallas?

Old 12-17-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Tossup: Chicago has a more extensive rapid transit network, Philadelphia better transit service in its suburbs, including two light rail lines, a light metro and a dense regional rail network that provides service at decent intervals throughout the day. The cities' bus networks are equally dense in city and suburbs.

Chicago gets the edge on the strength of its rapid transit network.

Which is better for raising kids, Kansas City or Dallas?
I've lived in both and I'd say KC. It's smaller and more family friendly in my opinion. Which is better for festivals Milwaukee or Cleveland?

Old 12-19-2020, 06:52 AM

9,680 posts, read 9,387,327 times
Quote:
I've lived in both and I'd say KC. It's smaller and more family friendly in my opinion. Which is better for festivals Milwaukee or Cleveland?
Mikwaukee. The city is denser with more bars and beer culture. Beyond the many music festivals, Polish, German, and Irish festivals were outstanding.

Which city is better for scenery? Asheville, NC or Chattanooga, TN?

Old 12-19-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Mikwaukee. The city is denser with more bars and beer culture. Beyond the many music festivals, Polish, German, and Irish festivals were outstanding.

Which city is better for scenery? Asheville, NC or Chattanooga, TN?
Asheville. Chat is nice too though. Which city has the better Six Flags; St. Louis or San Antonio?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City