Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2021, 09:05 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
This is tough but I'll go with Boston. Which city is more walkable Washington DC or San Francisco?
D.C. due to topography and infrastructure.

Which city is better for thrift stores?

Kansas City, MO or Nashville, TN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 10:25 AM

3,883 posts, read 2,193,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
D.C. due to topography and infrastructure.

Which city is better for thrift stores?

Kansas City, MO or Nashville, TN?
I'm guessing KC. When I did a search, there were more results for that city. Which city has better public library system Miami or Atlanta?

Old 08-01-2022, 07:11 PM

9,859 posts, read 6,570,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'm guessing KC. When I did a search, there were more results for that city. Which city has better public library system Miami or Atlanta?
Both seem solid to me. Tie.

Which city is better for frequent international air travelers, Chicago or LA?

Old 08-01-2022, 08:36 PM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Both seem solid to me. Tie.

Which city is better for frequent international air travelers, Chicago or LA?
LA, based on the number of international destinations served by each city's main international airport.

Which city has more affordable housing, Nashville or St. Louis?

Old 08-01-2022, 10:17 PM

6,374 posts, read 4,987,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
LA, based on the number of international destinations served by each city's main international airport.

Which city has more affordable housing, Nashville or St. Louis?
Definitely St. Louis if that question is parsed as "housing that is more affordable". Less sure if the question is "a larger quantity of designated affordable housing", though I would still guess St. Louis. Nashville seems to be in the early stages of Austinification, it'll be a while before St. Louis starts to grow again.

Which city would be better to open a tech startup in, Louisville or Albuquerque?

Old 08-02-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Definitely St. Louis if that question is parsed as "housing that is more affordable". Less sure if the question is "a larger quantity of designated affordable housing", though I would still guess St. Louis. Nashville seems to be in the early stages of Austinification, it'll be a while before St. Louis starts to grow again.

Which city would be better to open a tech startup in, Louisville or Albuquerque?
Albuquerque but neither are very impressive

Which would be better for Asian cuisine, Chicago or Houston?

Old 08-02-2022, 04:39 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Albuquerque but neither are very impressive

Which would be better for Asian cuisine, Chicago or Houston?
I think Chicago would due to there being a Chinatown but there again I may be biased.

Best Greenway Nashville or Memphis.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:57 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I think Chicago would due to there being a Chinatown but there again I may be biased.

Houston would have a very strong Vietnamese and Chinese restaurant food scene, where there it might be ahead of what you can find in Chicago. I hadn't looked up the number of Korean restaurants in Houston, myself. This might be a question, where it's a tie between Chicago and Houston.

And as for the current question,I thought Nashville would have more interesting greenways, than what I noticed in my research. Nashville does have some good greenways within it(especially along the Cumberland River, Percy Warner Park, and Radnor Lake State Park), but to me Memphis surprised me with how decent it's greenway path system is. Not just along the Mississippi River, but also Shelby Farms Park, and Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park. I hate to say it, but it seems I'll have the narrow win on this to Memphis. Plus I even like how along the Mississippi River, there is a path that connects to a park in West Memphis, AR. And Meeman-Shelby, was bigger than I realized.

I hope Nashville works to improve it's greenway system, since I'd love to see all the paths along the Cumberland River a little more interconnected. This was a tough question, to answer. Not saying the greenway paths in Nashville are bad, since they have some good paths for sure.

Bar strips: Broadway in Nashville, or Beale Street in Memphis?

Old 08-02-2022, 06:31 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Houston would have a very strong Vietnamese and Chinese restaurant food scene, where there it might be ahead of what you can find in Chicago. I hadn't looked up the number of Korean restaurants in Houston, myself. This might be a question, where it's a tie between Chicago and Houston.

And as for the current question,I thought Nashville would have more interesting greenways, than what I noticed in my research. Nashville does have some good greenways within it(especially along the Cumberland River, Percy Warner Park, and Radnor Lake State Park), but to me Memphis surprised me with how decent it's greenway path system is. Not just along the Mississippi River, but also Shelby Farms Park, and Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park. I hate to say it, but it seems I'll have the narrow win on this to Memphis. Plus I even like how along the Mississippi River, there is a path that connects to a park in West Memphis, AR. And Meeman-Shelby, was bigger than I realized.

I hope Nashville works to improve it's greenway system, since I'd love to see all the paths along the Cumberland River a little more interconnected. This was a tough question, to answer. Not saying the greenway paths in Nashville are bad, since they have some good paths for sure.

Bar strips: Broadway in Nashville, or Beale Street in Memphis?
I agree with you. Memphis greenway is pretty good for the city to be so spread out. It is surprisingly beautiful!!!

I would give this one to Nashville due to the number of bars on lower Broadway. I do prefer the unique vibe of south main and Cooper Young.

Best Light Rail Portland or Denver?

Old 08-02-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:

“Chicago due to having a Chinatown”…

https://youtu.be/dMYm0ybU3mw

https://youtu.be/mlNshRsEANE

Quote:
I agree with you. Memphis greenway is pretty good for the city to be so spread out. It is surprisingly beautiful!!!

I would give this one to Nashville due to the number of bars on lower Broadway. I do prefer the unique vibe of south main and Cooper Young.

Best Light Rail Portland or Denver?
Portland’s appears to be more extensive. I’ve never been to Portland, but I’ve been to Denver plenty of times. Denver’s light rail wasn’t particularly impressive. I would think Portland wins this.

Better festival city? Miami or Chicago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City