Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2022, 07:23 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,891,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Houston would have a very strong Vietnamese and Chinese restaurant food scene, where there it might be ahead of what you can find in Chicago. I hadn't looked up the number of Korean restaurants in Houston, myself. This might be a question, where it's a tie between Chicago and Houston.

And as for the current question,I thought Nashville would have more interesting greenways, than what I noticed in my research. Nashville does have some good greenways within it(especially along the Cumberland River, Percy Warner Park, and Radnor Lake State Park), but to me Memphis surprised me with how decent it's greenway path system is. Not just along the Mississippi River, but also Shelby Farms Park, and Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park. I hate to say it, but it seems I'll have the narrow win on this to Memphis. Plus I even like how along the Mississippi River, there is a path that connects to a park in West Memphis, AR. And Meeman-Shelby, was bigger than I realized.

I hope Nashville works to improve it's greenway system, since I'd love to see all the paths along the Cumberland River a little more interconnected. This was a tough question, to answer. Not saying the greenway paths in Nashville are bad, since they have some good paths for sure.

Bar strips: Broadway in Nashville, or Beale Street in Memphis?
Ha, That " Path" is the "Big River Crossing " (old harahan bridge)
"Longest pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi River" Greenway Path/Trail Linking Memphis TN over the Mississippi River to West Memphis Arkansas. You Really Did Your Research

Guide - Tennessee | AllTrails" https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/t...street-landing

"Big River Crossing" Big River Crossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
“Chicago due to having a Chinatown”…

https://youtu.be/dMYm0ybU3mw

https://youtu.be/mlNshRsEANE

Portland’s appears to be more extensive. I’ve never been to Portland, but I’ve been to Denver plenty of times. Denver’s light rail wasn’t particularly impressive. I would think Portland wins this.

Better festival city? Miami or Chicago?
Chicago, Specifically Summertime Chi, Chicago explodes with festivals during the summer Taste of Chicago is one I've been too

Best City for making money, Nashville or Atlanta

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 08-02-2022 at 07:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 08:16 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,965,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Ha, That " Path" is the "Big River Crossing " (old harahan bridge)
"Longest pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi River" Greenway Path/Trail Linking Memphis TN over the Mississippi River to West Memphis Arkansas. You Really Did Your Research

Guide - Tennessee | AllTrails" https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/t...street-landing

"Big River Crossing" Big River Crossing

Chicago, Specifically Summertime Chi, Chicago explodes with festivals during the summer Taste of Chicago is one I've been too

Best City for making money, Nashville or Atlanta
Atlanta due to the huge economy and networking opportunities. STEM is off the charts in Atlanta and that is where the future is.

Better museums and tourists attractions. St. Louis or San Antonio.

Old 08-02-2022, 10:24 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,387,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Atlanta due to the huge economy and networking opportunities. STEM is off the charts in Atlanta and that is where the future is.

Better museums and tourists attractions. St. Louis or San Antonio.
St. Louis due to volume and variety of museums. San Antonio is no slouch but St. Louis is not short on attractions. They also seem to be easier to access.

Which city is better for soul food?

Philadelphia, PA or Dallas, TX?

Old 08-03-2022, 05:20 AM

14,162 posts, read 9,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
St. Louis due to volume and variety of museums. San Antonio is no slouch but St. Louis is not short on attractions. They also seem to be easier to access.

Which city is better for soul food?

Philadelphia, PA or Dallas, TX?
Philadelphia, even with a younger generation of Black chefs going "Vegan•ish."

PaganeuroSwag: More like "Chinamalls," but then again, it is Houston, and that's what that city looks like over most of the area. Mighty impressive after you factor that in.

Which city has a better system of parks and boulevards, Kansas City or LA?

Old 08-03-2022, 02:21 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,387,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Philadelphia, even with a younger generation of Black chefs going "Vegan•ish."

PaganeuroSwag: More like "Chinamalls," but then again, it is Houston, and that's what that city looks like over most of the area. Mighty impressive after you factor that in.

Which city has a better system of parks and boulevards, Kansas City or LA?
Los Angeles by a lot. Kenneth Hahn, Grand, Palisades, etc. the list goes on and on. Los Angeles loses points for homeless and litter but the parks system is larger. I also like the boulevards going through town. Kansas City is less walkable.

Which city is better for snake sightings?

Phoenix, AZ or Miami, FL?

Old 08-03-2022, 08:50 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,197,561 times
[quote=Shakeesha;63904073]Los Angeles by a lot. Kenneth Hahn, Grand, Palisades, etc. the list goes on and on. Los Angeles loses points for homeless and litter but the parks system is larger. I also like the boulevards going through town. Kansas City is less walkable.

Phoenix, AZ or Miami, FL?[/QU
I'd say Miami. Because of its tropical environment, besides many native snakes there's also invasive species like Burmese pythons and boas. Which is better for clubbing/night life, LA or NYC?

Old 08-03-2022, 09:31 PM

151 posts, read 87,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Los Angeles by a lot. Kenneth Hahn, Grand, Palisades, etc. the list goes on and on. Los Angeles loses points for homeless and litter but the parks system is larger. I also like the boulevards going through town. Kansas City is less walkable.

Phoenix, AZ or Miami, FL?[/QU
I'd say Miami. Because of its tropical environment, besides many native snakes there's also invasive species like Burmese pythons and boas. Which is better for clubbing/night life, LA or NYC?
Definitely NYC. LA is great but it’s nightlife seems a bit more calm in comparison.

Which is better for someone who loves greenery?

Twin Cities or Charlotte

Old 08-04-2022, 07:26 AM

1,801 posts, read 1,951,123 times
Charlotte wins this matchup by virtue of having longer summers and fewer areas of agriculture and plains.

What city is better for Indian food/culture, Des Moines or Little Rock?

Old 08-10-2022, 12:59 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,197,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Charlotte wins this matchup by virtue of having longer summers and fewer areas of agriculture and plains.

What city is better for Indian food/culture, Des Moines or Little Rock?
I'm going with Des Moines because when I googled Des Moines had a lot more information about different Asian communities. Which city has the better Six Flags theme park: Six Flags St. Louis or Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio?

Old 08-10-2022, 04:46 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,965,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'm going with Des Moines because when I googled Des Moines had a lot more information about different Asian communities. Which city has the better Six Flags theme park: Six Flags St. Louis or Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio?
Six Flags Fiesta. Better roller coasters.

What city has the best hospital campus. Barnes Jewish in St. Louis or Baylor in Dallas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City