Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2021, 06:55 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Both have some good breweries, but I'd probably give the slight edge to Nashville. Since I've tried a few Southern Grist and Yazoo beers, and really liked those. I do hope someday to try some beers from St. Arnold and Karbach, which are from Houston. This is one of those subjective(finally remembered the specific word I wanted to use!) questions, where you could judge a winner either way.

Which of these 2 cities would you like more for its outdoor recreational(including skiing) and nature things to do, that aren't too far from a national park? Whitefish, MT, or Estes Park, CO?
Whitefish, MT because it is visited and more authentic. Missoula is not too far away.

Which city is better for ice cream? San Francisco, CA or Washington D.C.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2021, 07:19 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,989,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Whitefish, MT because it is visited and more authentic. Missoula is not too far away.

Which city is better for ice cream? San Francisco, CA or Washington D.C.?
I want to say San Francisco? Im on a limb for this one.. i think the proximity to cow farms and it being a more well rounded (??) city might have something to do with it. No idea though.

What is better for a vacation home:

Savannah GA or Charleston SC?

Old 05-22-2021, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
I want to say San Francisco? Im on a limb for this one.. i think the proximity to cow farms and it being a more well rounded (??) city might have something to do with it. No idea though.

What is better for a vacation home:

Savannah GA or Charleston SC?
Charleston. More upscale and better downtown. Always a good time.

Which is better for theater? Pittsburgh, PA or Minneapolis, MN?

Old 05-22-2021, 11:12 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Charleston. More upscale and better downtown. Always a good time.

Which is better for theater? Pittsburgh, PA or Minneapolis, MN?
Minneapolis I suspect, if at least the online things(plus in travel books) I've read about the local theaters there are actually that good.

Which place has better museums? Detroit, or Milwaukee?

Old 05-25-2021, 06:45 AM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Minneapolis I suspect, if at least the online things(plus in travel books) I've read about the local theaters there are actually that good.

Which place has better museums? Detroit, or Milwaukee?
I'm not familiar with either but going with Detroit since it's bigger. Which city is better for higher education, San Francisco or Boston?

Old 05-25-2021, 09:26 AM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'm not familiar with either but going with Detroit since it's bigger. Which city is better for higher education, San Francisco or Boston?
Boston. Pace Berkeley and Stanford, the Bay Area simply doesn't have the higher-education ecosystem Boston does.

Which city is better for barbecue, Kansas City or Memphis? (Heh-heh-heh. Extra points to anyone who can figure out why I chose these two.)

Old 05-25-2021, 09:29 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Boston. Pace Berkeley and Stanford, the Bay Area simply doesn't have the higher-education ecosystem Boston does.

Which city is better for barbecue, Kansas City or Memphis? (Heh-heh-heh. Extra points to anyone who can figure out why I chose these two.)
Kansas City has better seasoning where as Memphis is way over rated as far as BBQ.

What city has better live theater St. Louis or Miami?

Old 05-25-2021, 09:35 AM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Kansas City has better seasoning where as Memphis is way over rated as far as BBQ.

What city has better live theater St. Louis or Miami?
FYI, the reason I chose those two is because Memphis and Kansas City Q are kissing cousins; techniques and seasonings differ but the basics are the same (ribs and brisket primary meats, sauces tomato-based). The acknowledged father of Kansas City BBQ is a gentleman named Henry Perry, an African-American Q chef who migrated from Memphis to Kansas City in 1921 and proceeded to open the city's first barbecue stand. Both of the Big Names in KC Q, Bryant's and Gates', trace their origins to Perry's stand.

Back to the game:

Which city has better live theater, St. Louis or Miami?

Old 05-25-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
FYI, the reason I chose those two is because Memphis and Kansas City Q are kissing cousins; techniques and seasonings differ but the basics are the same (ribs and brisket primary meats, sauces tomato-based). The acknowledged father of Kansas City BBQ is a gentleman named Henry Perry, an African-American Q chef who migrated from Memphis to Kansas City in 1921 and proceeded to open the city's first barbecue stand. Both of the Big Names in KC Q, Bryant's and Gates', trace their origins to Perry's stand.

Back to the game:

Which city has better live theater, St. Louis or Miami?
Miami due to more venues and larger industry.

Which city is better for racecar driving?

Indianapolis, IN or Daytona, FL?

Old 05-25-2021, 01:53 PM

899 posts, read 517,468 times
Quote:
Miami due to more venues and larger industry.

Which city is better for racecar driving?

Indianapolis, IN or Daytona, FL?
The Indy 500 is very famous, much more than Daytona Beach. And it’s in only 5 days from now.

Which city has better Hip-Hop / Rap music: Miami, or Atlanta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City