Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2022, 07:18 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
I'll lean towards Boston here, but barely, since there tends to be a higher array of fine dining/upscale options in addition to casual dining, which seems to dominate Baltimore more.

As for the live music comparison, Pollstar currently has 311 events listed for Austin, while Nashville has 474. I not the biggest country buff, but Nashville has the better symphony orchestra as well. Non-country options still abound from Salif Keita, Pearl Jam, Collective Soul, The Killers, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Daughtry, Spyro Gyra, Twenty One Pilots, Crowded House, Herb Alpert, Bear's Den, Taj Mahal, and Florence + The Machine are all performing over the next several weeks from a wide array of venues. Austin doesn't have anything like a Bridgestone or Nissan Stadium for the mega-acts.

Which city is better for Italian cuisine, Oklahoma City or Salt Lake City?

Salt Lake City Area because it attracts more Worldly Visitors/Travellers

Which City would be better for Car Shows (specifically to see the new electric Dodge Challenger and the brand new Cadillac Celestiq), Detroit or Las Vegas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 05:22 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Salt Lake City Area because it attracts more Worldly Visitors/Travellers

Which City would be better for Car Shows (specifically to see the new electric Dodge Challenger and the brand new Cadillac Celestiq), Detroit or Las Vegas
Detroit because it is motor city. The new Cadillac looks like my kind or ride.

Which city is better for pedestrian safety?

Orlando, FL or Nashville, TN?

Old 08-30-2022, 05:32 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Detroit because it is motor city. The new Cadillac looks like my kind or ride.

Which city is better for pedestrian safety?

Orlando, FL or Nashville, TN?
I need to add a disclaimer. This is based on what I see in Nashville. Walkscore and satellite views of Orlando.

This goes to Orlando. Nashville isn't safe for pedestrians at all outside a few areas that draw tourist. Orlando isn't great but it's better and looks safer than Nashville.

What city offers the best food options?

Miami or Boston?

Old 08-30-2022, 08:30 PM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I need to add a disclaimer. This is based on what I see in Nashville. Walkscore and satellite views of Orlando.

This goes to Orlando. Nashville isn't safe for pedestrians at all outside a few areas that draw tourist. Orlando isn't great but it's better and looks safer than Nashville.

What city offers the best food options?

Miami or Boston?
Miami, where the Cubano and Hispano eateries serve amazing food.

Which city is better for architecture buffs, Chicago or Los Angeles?

Old 08-30-2022, 11:38 PM

496 posts, read 351,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Miami, where the Cubano and Hispano eateries serve amazing food.

Which city is better for architecture buffs, Chicago or Los Angeles?
Chicago. Not even a real competition here IMO.

Which city is better for a romantic getaway? Charleston or Savannah

Old 08-31-2022, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthCoordinate View Post
Chicago. Not even a real competition here IMO.

Which city is better for a romantic getaway? Charleston or Savannah
I like Savannah because of being familiar with Tybee Island. Both are beautiful cities.

Best city for food. Charlotte or St. Louis?

Old 08-31-2022, 11:24 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
I like Savannah because of being familiar with Tybee Island. Both are beautiful cities.

Best city for food. Charlotte or St. Louis?
I get this weird sense, that Saint Louis would probably be a little ahead of Charlotte. Not to knock the food scene in Charlotte(which I suspect isn't bad for a smaller city), but it seems like there are more mom and pop food places in St. Louis.

Which city would have better local colleges? (and hint if you've ever watched the NCAA basketball tournament, you've probably have at least vaguely heard of Drake and Creighton) Des Moines, or Omaha?

Old 08-31-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I get this weird sense, that Saint Louis would probably be a little ahead of Charlotte. Not to knock the food scene in Charlotte(which I suspect isn't bad for a smaller city), but it seems like there are more mom and pop food places in St. Louis.

Which city would have better local colleges? (and hint if you've ever watched the NCAA basketball tournament, you've probably have at least vaguely heard of Drake and Creighton) Des Moines, or Omaha?
Google is saying 8 colleges in Des Moines. 7 in Omaha.

I give this to Des Moines.

What city has the best bike infrastructure. Philadelphia or Seattle.

Old 09-01-2022, 02:14 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Google is saying 8 colleges in Des Moines. 7 in Omaha.

I give this to Des Moines.

What city has the best bike infrastructure. Philadelphia or Seattle.
I'd think Seattle or at least what I've heard. Which city has a better library system: Chicago or Los Angeles?

Old 09-02-2022, 08:30 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'd think Seattle or at least what I've heard. Which city has a better library system: Chicago or Los Angeles?
I looked at a bunch of factors for this, before coming to my decision of LA. Their regular branches have later hours(ALL of them till 8pm Monday-Thursday, while 50% of Chicago libraries close at 6pm, and the other 50% till 8pm), and the LA system has more books in circulation(6.3 million, vs. 5.7 million for Chicago).

Which city would you rather visit, for food? (for the record, I'll allow you to look at places to eat in the suburbs too) Minneapolis, or Detroit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City