Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2022, 08:44 PM

6,541 posts, read 12,037,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I looked at a bunch of factors for this, before coming to my decision of LA. Their regular branches have later hours(ALL of them till 8pm Monday-Thursday, while 50% of Chicago libraries close at 6pm, and the other 50% till 8pm), and the LA system has more books in circulation(6.3 million, vs. 5.7 million for Chicago).

Which city would you rather visit, for food? (for the record, I'll allow you to look at places to eat in the suburbs too) Minneapolis, or Detroit?
Detroit from my experience, especially with the Italian cuisine and also Greek and Middle Eastern.

Which city is better for eating ribs, Kansas City or St Louis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2022, 08:42 AM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Detroit from my experience, especially with the Italian cuisine and also Greek and Middle Eastern.

Which city is better for eating ribs, Kansas City or St Louis?
I think even a non-homer would agree that Kansas City tops St. Louis here. Unfortunately, "St. Louis-style" refers to how the ribs are trimmed more than it does a style of preparation (though it is that, too; St. Louis-style ribs are trimmed so they form a perfect flat rectangle because that makes them better suited for grilling, which is the method of preparation associated with St. Louis-style ribs. Grilling isn't true barbecuing, even if some barbecue pitmasters do use direct as opposed to indirect heat; BBQ, however, usually calls for lower-temperature, indirect heat), and because of that, it's easier to find St. Louis-style ribs prepared by other methods outside Missouri. Technically speaking, you could have St. Louis-style ribs prepared Kansas City-style.

Which city is better for beer, Milwaukee or Denver?

Old 09-03-2022, 10:27 AM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I think even a non-homer would agree that Kansas City tops St. Louis here. Unfortunately, "St. Louis-style" refers to how the ribs are trimmed more than it does a style of preparation (though it is that, too; St. Louis-style ribs are trimmed so they form a perfect flat rectangle because that makes them better suited for grilling, which is the method of preparation associated with St. Louis-style ribs. Grilling isn't true barbecuing, even if some barbecue pitmasters do use direct as opposed to indirect heat; BBQ, however, usually calls for lower-temperature, indirect heat), and because of that, it's easier to find St. Louis-style ribs prepared by other methods outside Missouri. Technically speaking, you could have St. Louis-style ribs prepared Kansas City-style.

Which city is better for beer, Milwaukee or Denver?
I'm going with Milwaukee. Both of these cities are in wine producing states but whichh city is better for wine tasting: New York City or San Francisco?

Old 09-03-2022, 01:45 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'm going with Milwaukee. Both of these cities are in wine producing states but whichh city is better for wine tasting: New York City or San Francisco?
San Francisco due to the sheer number of wineries in the area. Close proximity to Napa Valley and superb farmers markets.

Which city is better roller coasters?

Orlando, FL or Anaheim, CA?

Old 09-03-2022, 03:24 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
San Francisco due to the sheer number of wineries in the area. Close proximity to Napa Valley and superb farmers markets.

Which city is better roller coasters?

Orlando, FL or Anaheim, CA?
I just found out that Anaheim is the thrill ride capital. But... Orlando has over 20 coasters with excellent variety. Very close.

I will go with Orlando.

Old Jamestown Missouri or Desoto Texas for Black middle class suburban community.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:55 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I just found out that Anaheim is the thrill ride capital. But... Orlando has over 20 coasters with excellent variety. Very close.

I will go with Orlando.

Old Jamestown Missouri or Desoto Texas for Black middle class suburban community.
I went with Desoto. Which city is better for K-12 education: Boston or Chicago?

Old 09-05-2022, 04:28 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I went with Desoto. Which city is better for K-12 education: Boston or Chicago?
Boston. The city spends more money per pupil and has better graduation rates.

Which city is better for mass transit?

Detroit, MI or Charlotte, NC?

Old 09-05-2022, 05:10 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:

I would think Charlotte due to the region having 20 miles of light rail and growing. From what I've read, Detroit only has 3 miles of so call LRT. That is horrible for such a large city.

What city has better museums?

Detroit or Atlanta

Old 09-05-2022, 06:12 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:

For Charlotte having 1 light rail line, and 1 streetcar line, I'll pick Charlotte. And I've heard all the stories, about Detroit public transit not being great. I know Detroit has a people mover train near downtown Detroit, but the transit(including buses) seem limited otherwise. Wish they could connect a rail line to the airport, or at least have some sort of express bus to that airport. Although there is a bus route that goes directly to this airport, which is better than nothing.

For live theater, does Minneapolis or Detroit do better in this regard?

Old 09-06-2022, 07:09 AM

6,541 posts, read 12,037,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I would think Charlotte due to the region having 20 miles of light rail and growing. From what I've read, Detroit only has 3 miles of so call LRT. That is horrible for such a large city.

What city has better museums?

Detroit or Atlanta
Looks like this one got skipped. I'll go with Atlanta overall due to the number and variety of museums, including one of the best art museums in the country, imo. You also have the World of Coke, College Football HoF, Civil Rights museum, Imagine Children's museum, Fernbank Science Museum, various history museums, the list goes on and on.

The Henry Ford museum in the Detroit area (Dearborn) is worth visiting however.

Another public transit question, but San Diego or Atlanta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City