Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2022, 04:27 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
https://bestlifeonline.com/best-shop...ities-us-news/

This random article was popular for some reason. Best shopping cities USA

1. SF
2. Seattle
3. Charleston
4. Vegas
5. LA
6. Chicago
7. NYC
8. Portland
9. Houston
10. Minneapolis

Terrible list regardless of what they were using to measure.
It's because Houston made the list and Dallas didn't...that's why the list was posted here.....Of course it was a bad list to you...you don't want to seem too obvious............I HAD to Para.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 04:34 PM

9,851 posts, read 6,566,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
It's because Houston made the list and Dallas didn't...that's why the list was posted here.....Of course it was a bad list to you...you don't want to seem too obvious............I HAD to Para.
That’s basically every “best cities for shopping” list on google. I didn’t even realize that until your constant bickering led to me search it out of curiosity. Nice try tho.

I’m pretty sure Charleston being ahead of… New York stands out more. But I guess you have different priorities. Everyone knows Dallas is one of America’s best places to shop. I challenge you to contribute to this thread in a meaningful way like… letting people know what was left out for Dallas.

Old 11-22-2022, 04:54 PM

9,851 posts, read 6,566,773 times
Anyway… This is how I’d update from my previous

Tier 1

New York, LA, Miami

Tier 2

SFBA, Vegas

SFBA is up one from the last time I tiered them up. I used to put it tied with the Texas cities but after learning more about it there, it’s much bigger than I thought. The walkable shopping experience of SF is the tie breaker for me. Same for Vegas

Tier 3

Houston, Dallas, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, DC, Phoenix/Scottsdale

Chicago is down one for me. Simply because it seems that it’s not growing much anymore while others are (there are some notable exceptions though).

3.5 - Honolulu

Tier 4

Seattle/Bellevue, Philly, Detroit

Tier 5

Denver, Minneapolis

Old 11-22-2022, 07:03 PM

496 posts, read 350,674 times
Quote:

Tier 1

New York, LA, Miami

Tier 2

SFBA, Vegas

SFBA is up one from the last time I tiered them up. I used to put it tied with the Texas cities but after learning more about it there, it’s much bigger than I thought. The walkable shopping experience of SF is the tie breaker for me. Same for Vegas

Tier 3

Chicago is down one for me. Simply because it seems that it’s not growing much anymore while others are (there are some notable exceptions though).

3.5 - Honolulu

Tier 4

Tier 5

Denver, Minneapolis
Seattle probably could be in Tier 5.....its high-end shopping scene really doesn't match the status of the metro area...

Old 11-23-2022, 03:16 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:

Tier 1

New York, LA, Miami

Tier 2

SFBA, Vegas

Tier 3

3.5 - Honolulu

Tier 4

Tier 5

Denver, Minneapolis
My list has a few tweaks...

I would place NYC on it's own, then LA & Miami.

I would place Atlanta, DC, Phoenix a notch below Houston Dallas, Boston, Chicago.

And Philadelphia belongs with Atlanta, DC, Phoenix. The metros are more or less even in their luxury offerings, and the Philadelphia metro likely has more luxury offerings than Phoenix/Scottsdale.

Tier 1: NYC
Tier 1A: LA, Miami,
Tier 2: SF, Vegas, Honolulu
Tier 3: Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Boston
Tier 4: Atlanta, DC, Philadelphia, Phoenix
Tier 5: Seattle, Detroit, San Diego, etc....

Last edited by cpomp; 11-23-2022 at 03:35 PM..

Old 11-23-2022, 07:32 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
That’s basically every “best cities for shopping” list on google. I didn’t even realize that until your constant bickering led to me search it out of curiosity. Nice try tho.

I’m pretty sure Charleston being ahead of… New York stands out more. But I guess you have different priorities. Everyone knows Dallas is one of America’s best places to shop. I challenge you to contribute to this thread in a meaningful way like… letting people know what was left out for Dallas.
...I wonder why The "River Oaks District" is missing?

Top 20 Favorite Texas Shopping Venues & Stores

https://www.east-texas.com/texas-top...ues-stores.htm

I hate this list also....They put Deep Ellum over the Galleria in Houston....AND ..A regular H.E.B store(Not Central Market) actually made the list and "River Uaks District" was nowhere to be found.....

Old 11-23-2022, 08:36 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

I would place Atlanta, DC, Phoenix a notch below Houston Dallas, Boston, Chicago.

And Philadelphia belongs with Atlanta, DC, Phoenix. The metros are more or less even in their luxury offerings, and the Philadelphia metro likely has more luxury offerings than Phoenix/Scottsdale.

I can agree with this list.

Old 11-24-2022, 07:33 AM

809 posts, read 467,365 times
Quote:

Agree with this but would place Chicago in Tier 2. It's still an amazing shopping destination and quite walkable in many parts, along with a big flight destination given O'Hare's international prominence and Midway's domestic capabilities.

Old 11-24-2022, 09:27 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:

This is a great list. I am curious how Tier 4 will play out in the future. Do you think any of those will rise in tiers or fall? Are there any cities ready to join Tier 5?

Old 11-24-2022, 09:39 PM

496 posts, read 350,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
This is a great list. I am curious how Tier 4 will play out in the future. Do you think any of those will rise in tiers or fall? Are there any cities ready to join Tier 5?
Probably Austin and Portland (OR)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City