Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 10:38 AM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Both places do look nice, but for vacationing I'd probably go with Lake Isabella. There's a little more to do, near there. Plus it's centrally located to Death Valley NP, Kings Canyon NP, and Sequoia NP.

Finally did look up this town on Wikipedia, and turns out Truth or Consequences was a radio game show, and later a TV game show. And that as there was a contest for the(then) radio show to be broadcast in the first town to rename itself, that (back then) Hot Springs, NM renamed itself to Truth or Consequences.

And for the one just posted barely before I was going to do this post, Fort Walton Beach. I remember years ago I briefly drove through Panama City and PCB briefly after a trip to St. George Island, and thought to myself it didn't seem as special as all the hype I'd heard about that area beforehand. I guess the hype about PCB was that it was mostly over it being a party beach destination? Especially Panama City(moreso than PCB), didn't seem like anything special, from what I saw of it passing through. Plus, I wouldn't mind exploring nearby Destin more, and that Ft. Walton also is close to Pensacola.

Anyway, next one: Wrangell- Saint Elias National Park in Alaska, or Haleakala National Park in Hawaii?
I've always wanted to visit both places but HNP in this match up. Which Ohio amusement park, Cedar Point in Sandusky or Kings Island in Mason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 12:51 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,313,324 times
Cedar Point... Ive heard good things... but I will say. I would never drive 8 hours to go to an amusement park.

Avalon, New Jersey or Virginia Beach, VA?

Old 06-09-2021, 01:00 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Avalon, New Jersey or Virginia Beach, VA?
Virginia Beach. Not only is its main draw (the beach) nicer, I think; but it offers all the opportunities for diversion of a major metropolitan area not to mention historical sites.

Turkey Run State Park (Indiana) or Providence Canyon State Park (Georgia)?

Old 06-11-2021, 05:59 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,952,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Virginia Beach. Not only is its main draw (the beach) nicer, I think; but it offers all the opportunities for diversion of a major metropolitan area not to mention historical sites.

Turkey Run State Park (Indiana) or Providence Canyon State Park (Georgia)?
Turkey Run State Park given the time of year. Both parks are pretty modest and don't feel particularly unique and would leave more bored after just a couple days, but I like how I can be in Indy in under an hour and Chicago/Lake Michigan in under three, which IMO are a better lineup of nearby cities to visit than Columbus, GA and Atlanta.

The Seattle Center area or the Fisherman's Wharf area in San Francisco? (extend the comparison to both cities, but with a focus on these tourist districts)

Old 06-11-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
The Seattle Center area or the Fisherman's Wharf area in San Francisco? (extend the comparison to both cities, but with a focus on these tourist districts)
I'm going with San Francisco. It's a much more iconic city. While I would love to visit Seattle as well, San Francisco would definitely be my first choice.

Which small midwestern artsy community would you rather visit:

Nashville, Indiana or Lucas, Kansas?

Old 06-11-2021, 10:12 AM

6,376 posts, read 4,995,543 times
Lucas. I'll probably visit Nashville at some point when I'm in the Indy area seeing family (have already seen Bloomington and Columbus on such occasions). I would have the last time I was there, but my grandmother was not doing well and it was important to spend a lot of time with her while she was alive. I don't know when I'll ever get to Kansas otherwise.

Apparently it's named after a street in St. Louis? Weirdly specific.

Toledo, OH or Saginaw, MI?

Old 06-13-2021, 07:25 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,817,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Lucas. I'll probably visit Nashville at some point when I'm in the Indy area seeing family (have already seen Bloomington and Columbus on such occasions). I would have the last time I was there, but my grandmother was not doing well and it was important to spend a lot of time with her while she was alive. I don't know when I'll ever get to Kansas otherwise.

Apparently it's named after a street in St. Louis? Weirdly specific.

Toledo, OH or Saginaw, MI?
Toledo. I've heard their Museum of Art is very impressive, and I like legacy urban cities.

Cincinnati or Pittsburgh?

Old 06-14-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
I've been to Cincinnati several times. It's one of my favorite cities to visit. I finally visited Pittsburgh for the first time a couple of years ago, but would have loved to spend more time there; so I'm going with Pittsburgh.

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada or Cannon Beach, Oregon?

Old 06-14-2021, 07:15 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
Toledo. I've heard their Museum of Art is very impressive, and I like legacy urban cities.

Cincinnati. Since as on my last Cincy trip, it's kept bugging me I didn't more closely explore the Over the Rhine neighborhood, and actually get to the American Sign Museum. Especially the latter from everything Ive read about it, and as at least I briefly passed through the Over the Rhine area while driving. Honestly though, both cities(and metro areas too) are REALLY great to visit!

Btw, Jungle Jim's(both locations), is also a cool grocery store to visit, IF in the Cincy area. And side note on my last Pittsburgh trip, I feel bad I never got to(due to lack of time) Carnegie Museum of Art, Clemente Museum, and a few other places.

For the comparison I overlooked at first, Thunder Bay. I'd love to more explore the areas around Lake Superior, both south and north of that lake.

Lancaster, PA (to visit any of the Amish/Mennonite settlements east of there), or the Amana Colonies west of Iowa City?

Old 06-14-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Lancaster, PA (to visit any of the Amish/Mennonite settlements east of there), or the Amana Colonies west of Iowa City?
I've been to Pennsylvania Amish country already and enjoyed myself (the food particularly!); but I like visiting new places, so I'll go with Iowa.

Suwannee River State Park/Twin Rivers State Forest (Florida) or Guadalupe River State Park (Texas)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City