Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2021, 12:09 AM

6,375 posts, read 4,989,995 times

Advertisements

Big Sur, it looks simply gorgeous. Cannon Beach is okay but not really distinct compared to the rest of the Oregon Coast.

Two quirky businesses, both of which I have now visited: The last remaining Blockbuster Video in Bend, OR, or the "Burger King" unrelated to the chain (which once sued it over the rights to the name) in Mattoon, IL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 10:45 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Two quirky businesses, both of which I have now visited: The last remaining Blockbuster Video in Bend, OR, or the "Burger King" unrelated to the chain (which once sued it over the rights to the name) in Mattoon, IL?
Interesting! I have many fond memories of Friday nights at my hometown Blockbuster (long since closed), but I'm going with the Mattoon Burger King. I'm not really sentimental about Blockbuster at all despite my good memories, but I do love trying interesting food. Even though it's just fast food, the "Original Burger King" would be a fun experience.

St. Ignace, Michigan or San Ignacio, Baja California Sur, Mexico?

Old 06-01-2021, 11:20 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Interesting! I have many fond memories of Friday nights at my hometown Blockbuster (long since closed), but I'm going with the Mattoon Burger King. I'm not really sentimental about Blockbuster at all despite my good memories, but I do love trying interesting food. Even though it's just fast food, the "Original Burger King" would be a fun experience.

St. Ignace, Michigan or San Ignacio, Baja California Sur, Mexico?
San Ignacio, Mex due to prettier scenery and better weather.

St. Petersburg, FL or Providence, RI?

Old 06-01-2021, 11:30 AM

232 posts, read 189,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
San Ignacio, Mex due to prettier scenery and better weather.

St. Petersburg, FL or Providence, RI?
Winter: St, Petersburg

Summer: Providence

Boston vs Denver

Old 06-01-2021, 11:33 AM

5,016 posts, read 3,912,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy123 View Post
Winter: St, Petersburg

Summer: Providence

Boston vs Denver
Certainly a lot more to do and a lot more action in Boston. I'd be more apt to choose Denver if Breck/Boulder were in the equation for an extended vacation.

Boise or SLC?

Old 06-01-2021, 11:39 AM

899 posts, read 517,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
Certainly a lot more to do and a lot more action in Boston. I'd be more apt to choose Denver if Breck/Boulder were in the equation for an extended vacation.

Boise or SLC?
Salt Lake City is better to live in than Boise, and Salt Lake City's outer southern suburbs (Provo, Lehi) are pretty much perfect. But living there makes it kinda pointless to visit, so Boise.

Anchorage, Alaska or Spokane, Washington?

Old 06-01-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Salt Lake City is better to live in than Boise, and Salt Lake City's outer southern suburbs (Provo, Lehi) are pretty much perfect. But living there makes it kinda pointless to visit, so Boise.

Anchorage, Alaska or Spokane, Washington?
Spokane due to closer attractions and better weather.

Indianapolis, IN or Buffalo, NY?

Old 06-01-2021, 05:46 PM

1,801 posts, read 1,950,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Spokane due to closer attractions and better weather.

Indianapolis, IN or Buffalo, NY?
Buffalo. Indianapolis is decent to life, but I literally drove past it in favor of St. Louis on my 2019 trip. Unless if you're a racecar fan, there really isn't much purpose in visiting "Naptown". Buffalo has more interesting architecture, nightlife, arts, parks, proximity to Niagara Falls, Lake Erie, and closer to hills for hiking. And you can even see MLB games there this summer.

The Oregon coast or the Virginia coast?

Old 06-01-2021, 07:24 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
The Oregon coast or the Virginia coast?
Oregon coast, and it's an easy choice for me. I've already been to many east coast locations from Florida to New England. While the Chesapeake area would be neat to visit, the scenery can't compare to the Pacific coast. I've never been out there, but my wife has and sings its praises regularly.

Alabama or Mississippi?

Old 06-01-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Oregon coast, and it's an easy choice for me. I've already been to many east coast locations from Florida to New England. While the Chesapeake area would be neat to visit, the scenery can't compare to the Pacific coast. I've never been out there, but my wife has and sings its praises regularly.

Alabama or Mississippi?
Alabama due to having more interesting places to visit and varied topography.

Knoxville, TN or Colorado Springs, CO?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City