Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2023, 07:26 AM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Stowe VT or Lake Placid NY.
I'd pick Stowe. Not that there's anything wrong with Lake Placid, but I just love Vermont and have friends about an hour north of there near the border.

Fort Pickens Area of Gulf Islands National Seashore (Florida) or Fort Stevens State Park (Oregon)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2023, 01:27 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Asheville is just a 3 hour drive from me.... never been to Arizona.... so Sedona it would be.

Stowe VT or Lake Placid NY.
Lake Placid. I want to visit there a little more even though both would be nice. Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge near Lawton OK or Ouachita National Forest north of Broken Bow OK?

Old 06-24-2023, 07:06 AM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Lake Placid. I want to visit there a little more even though both would be nice. Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge near Lawton OK or Ouachita National Forest north of Broken Bow OK?
Ouachita National Forest is so Much More Prettty. Wichita Wildlife Refuge on the other side of the State is cool, But Ouachita is where it's at

Gainesville Florida or College Station Texas

Old 06-24-2023, 07:38 AM

1,804 posts, read 1,952,089 times
Gainesville. It's not the most exciting part of FL, but at least its closer to the beach compared to College Station, which seems like a non-descript, second tier college town full of UT castoffs, while Gainesville is home to arguably the most prestigious university in the Sunshine State. I'd wait until late fall to visit though.

Tucson, AZ or Reno, NV?

Old 06-24-2023, 10:07 AM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Gainesville. It's not the most exciting part of FL, but at least its closer to the beach compared to College Station, which seems like a non-descript, second tier college town full of UT castoffs, while Gainesville is home to arguably the most prestigious university in the Sunshine State. I'd wait until late fall to visit though.

Tucson, AZ or Reno, NV?
I think I'd pick Tucson, since I want to check out that area more than I do the Reno area. And being not far of a drive from Mexico, also is a nice bonus.

Fort Union Fur Trading Post in North Dakota(and right on the ND/Montana border, barely in North Dakota), or Grant-Kohrs Ranch in Montana?

Old 06-28-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I think I'd pick Tucson, since I want to check out that area more than I do the Reno area. And being not far of a drive from Mexico, also is a nice bonus.

Fort Union Fur Trading Post in North Dakota(and right on the ND/Montana border, barely in North Dakota), or Grant-Kohrs Ranch in Montana?
Fort Union Fur Trading Post. My mother grew up in North Dakota and I always wanted to visit for that reason. Milwaukee WI or Providence RI?

Old 07-05-2023, 08:06 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,288,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Fort Union Fur Trading Post. My mother grew up in North Dakota and I always wanted to visit for that reason. Milwaukee WI or Providence RI?
Providence. I'll never turn down a visit to the North East. Plus the city seems to really be making strides.

St. Augustine FL or Santa Fe NM?

Old 07-05-2023, 08:14 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
St. Augustine FL or Santa Fe NM?
Santa Fe, NM, because it's not as humid as St. Augustine, FL, though both are interesting places.

Tyler, TX or Bossier City, LA?

Old 07-05-2023, 08:33 AM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Santa Fe, NM, because it's not as humid as St. Augustine, FL, though both are interesting places.

Tyler, TX or Bossier City, LA?
I would go with Tyler, just for something different and to check out the roses.

Alexandria Bay NY or Mackinac City MI?

Old 07-05-2023, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I would go with Tyler, just for something different and to check out the roses.

Alexandria Bay NY or Mackinac City MI?
Mackinac. Never been there before. Ocean City MD or Salisbury MD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City