Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2023, 04:46 PM

10,748 posts, read 23,809,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd pick the one in Atlanta. Since despite that I've been to Atlanta numerous times in the past, I have never visited the aquarium there.

Rockland, ME, or Tofino, BC(Canada)?
I've been to both. Though I prefer the seafood in Maine, I'd definitely pick Tofino. The Pacific NW is a beautiful part of the world, and I can confidently say Tofino and the nearby Pacific Rim National Park is the most beautiful part of the PNW that I have been to. The pounding Pacific surf, whale watching, hot springs, beachfront hotels, the mountain ranges in view, coves, bogs, rainforests and wildlife make Tofino a magnificent place to explore for an outdoors enthusiast. A bit of magic out there. I intend to go back again someday.

Prince Edward Island or Cape Breton Island, NS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2023, 07:47 AM

2,337 posts, read 2,284,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
I've been to both. Though I prefer the seafood in Maine, I'd definitely pick Tofino. The Pacific NW is a beautiful part of the world, and I can confidently say Tofino and the nearby Pacific Rim National Park is the most beautiful part of the PNW that I have been to. The pounding Pacific surf, whale watching, hot springs, beachfront hotels, the mountain ranges in view, coves, bogs, rainforests and wildlife make Tofino a magnificent place to explore for an outdoors enthusiast. A bit of magic out there. I intend to go back again someday.

Prince Edward Island or Cape Breton Island, NS?
Cape Breton Island. I always hear now nice PEI is, but what I'm really drawn to about Cape Breton is Highlands National Park. It's rare on the east coast to have mountains by the sea, and it's one such place that does.

Washington, DC or New York

Old 07-30-2023, 11:47 AM

754 posts, read 569,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Cape Breton Island. I always hear now nice PEI is, but what I'm really drawn to about Cape Breton is Highlands National Park. It's rare on the east coast to have mountains by the sea, and it's one such place that does.

Washington, DC or New York
Good one. I'm in Jersey & have previously lived in Arlington. I liked DC & frequently visited. I've been to New York many times, but not the broughs of Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, & Staten Island much. I want to visit those boroughs more, so my vote goes to that.

Atlanta or Miami?

Old 07-30-2023, 04:03 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,197,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Good one. I'm in Jersey & have previously lived in Arlington. I liked DC & frequently visited. I've been to New York many times, but not the broughs of Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, & Staten Island much. I want to visit those boroughs more, so my vote goes to that.

Atlanta or Miami?
Atlanta. I've been to both and enjoyed Atlanta so much more. Coos Bay OR or Eureka CA?

Old 07-31-2023, 07:47 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Coos Bay OR or Eureka CA?
Coos Bay seems more scenic, so I'd go with it.

Eagle River, Wisconsin or Eagle Pass, Texas?

Old 07-31-2023, 10:30 AM

1,732 posts, read 1,891,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Coos Bay seems more scenic, so I'd go with it.

Eagle River, Wisconsin or Eagle Pass, Texas?
Eagle Pass Texas. Exotic and on the Mexican border, interesting history behind it and would love to check out international bridge. Just would be an out of the ordinary experience. Only drawback is the danger with cartels and border crisis issues. Eagle River is nice vacation spot and "worlds largest chain of lakes" but Tennessee {home state } already has plenty of places with lakes and rivers where you can hike and kayak

Washington DC or Toronto

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 07-31-2023 at 11:27 AM..

Old 07-31-2023, 11:29 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,371,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Eagle Pass Texas. Exotic and on the Mexican border, interesting history behind it and would love to check out international bridge. Just would be an out of the ordinary experience. Only drawback is the danger with cartels and border crisis issues. Eagle River is nice vacation spot and "worlds largest chain of lakes" but Tennessee already has plenty of places with lakes and rivers where you can hike and kayak

Washington DC or Toronto
I've more explored DC than Toronto. Since the most I did for the latter is fly through Billy Bishop Airport, and took the ferry from there to the other side(mainland Toronto) and back while I was bored waiting for my next connecting Porter flight. I came from Montreal into that airport in Toronto, then back home to Chicago.

So considering this, I'll pick Toronto.

I'll continue the border town theme, for another post. The former is in a Minnesota region with a lot of small lakes(and not far from Voyageurs National Park), and the latter town once had a hotel(The Gadsden Hotel) that was featured on Hotel Impossible. International Falls, MN, or Douglas, AZ?

Old 08-01-2023, 07:16 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,286,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I've more explored DC than Toronto. Since the most I did for the latter is fly through Billy Bishop Airport, and took the ferry from there to the other side(mainland Toronto) and back while I was bored waiting for my next connecting Porter flight. I came from Montreal into that airport in Toronto, then back home to Chicago.

So considering this, I'll pick Toronto.

I'll continue the border town theme, for another post. The former is in a Minnesota region with a lot of small lakes(and not far from Voyageurs National Park), and the latter town once had a hotel(The Gadsden Hotel) that was featured on Hotel Impossible. International Falls, MN, or Douglas, AZ?
I'll go with International Falls MN. Always wanted to explore the Canadian Shield North Woods region more. Plus going to one of those lakes in the summer would be fun.

Cabos San Lucas Baja California or Key West Florida?

Old 08-01-2023, 09:03 AM

12,836 posts, read 22,009,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I'll go with International Falls MN. Always wanted to explore the Canadian Shield North Woods region more. Plus going to one of those lakes in the summer would be fun.

Cabos San Lucas Baja California or Key West Florida?
Cabo. Key West is fun, but it's actually lacking on the beaches front and Cabo has great beaches.

Newport, VT or Nogales, AZ?

Old 08-01-2023, 08:14 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Cabo. Key West is fun, but it's actually lacking on the beaches front and Cabo has great beaches.

Newport, VT or Nogales, AZ?
Newport. I'm not familiar with it, but Vermont is one of the most beautiful places in the country. So if nothing else, I would assume that Newport would at least be scenic. Nogales, on the other hand, struck me as being nothing but a dusty, rundown border town. (No offense to anyone who lives there, but I went there once, and I wasn't impressed.)

Newport Beach, CA or Newport News, VA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City