Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2021, 07:02 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I guess Acapulco. Toronto or Mexico City?
I think Mexico is the better city but would probably choose Toronto because have family there and there is a mix of cultures/foods I'd like to try there.

Cairo or Athens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 08:16 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I think Mexico is the better city but would probably choose Toronto because have family there and there is a mix of cultures/foods I'd like to try there.

Cairo or Athens?
Athens. The next big trip on my wife's and my travel bucket list is to go on a Holy Land/Mediterranean cruise/tour, and that would include Athens.

Tampa Bay, FL or Seattle/Tacoma, WA?

Old 04-11-2021, 08:18 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post

Cairo or Athens?
Presume you meant Athens, Greece, or Cairo, Egypt? Between those 2, I'd probably pick Cairo, since I want to see the pyramids THAT much.

Btw, I thought this thread was just for North American places and/or Carribean island ones? If I knew those were allowed for this thread(and as I'm unsure if those vs. comparisons are allowed in this thread or not, outside of North America), I would've posted some such comparisons earlier.

And for Tampa vs. Seattle, very tough choice but I'd pick Seattle. The Tampa area did intrigue me a darn lot due to all the art museums near there, including the one for Salvador Dali in St. Petersburg, FL.

Back to North America, being unsure if I can post places bryond North America and Carribean(and other nearby islands, including Bermuda) ones or not: San Juan, Puerto Rico, or Nassau, Bahamas?

Old 04-12-2021, 07:56 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
San Juan, Puerto Rico, or Nassau, Bahamas?
I'd rather visit San Juan. It has more history, and I'm more interested in sampling Puerto Rican food.

Crystal River, Florida or Manzanita, Oregon?

Old 04-12-2021, 11:45 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd rather visit San Juan. It has more history, and I'm more interested in sampling Puerto Rican food.

Crystal River, Florida or Manzanita, Oregon?
Crystal River does look nice(despite certain streets not having sidewalks, but at least I didn't notice any steep ditches on the side of its roads without sidewalks), but I'll pick Manzanita. It not being too far from a few state parks and hiking trails, plus also that the beachfront had some nice rock formations, make me prefer that slightly. That said, I did notice one place in Crystal River did advertise something about swimming with manatees, which I thought was interesting. As long as I didn't have to swim with any alligators, that's for sure!

Now to compare 2 quieter parts of O'ahu: Waianae(on west coast), HI, or Haleiwa, HI(north coast, or as some say the 'north shore')?

Old 04-12-2021, 02:37 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Now to compare 2 quieter parts of O'ahu: Waianae(on west coast), HI, or Haleiwa, HI(north coast, or as some say the 'north shore')?
Waianae. The mountain views in its immediate vicinity are more impressive; and since I don't care to surf, I prefer its more tranquil waters.

Quebec City, Quebec or San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico?

Old 04-12-2021, 02:50 PM

5,294 posts, read 6,060,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Waianae. The mountain views in its immediate vicinity are more impressive; and since I don't care to surf, I prefer its more tranquil waters.

Quebec City, Quebec or San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico?
I'll take San Miguel. I used to have to go there for work and it's one of the prettiest places I've ever been.

Wisconsin's East coast, or Michigan's West coast?

Old 04-12-2021, 04:50 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
I'll take San Miguel. I used to have to go there for work and it's one of the prettiest places I've ever been.

Wisconsin's East coast, or Michigan's West coast?
Michigan's west coast. I really like the sand dunes on the shore, and some of the towns there are very charming. I'm not knocking Wisconsin's east coast, but I just don't think it's as nice. BTW, the high speed ferry between the two coasts is well worth riding.

Galveston, TX or Wilmington, NC?

Old 04-12-2021, 05:02 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Michigan's west coast. I really like the sand dunes on the shore, and some of the towns there are very charming. I'm not knocking Wisconsin's east coast, but I just don't think it's as nice. BTW, the high speed ferry between the two coasts is well worth riding.

Galveston, TX or Wilmington, NC?
Galveston

Inland Empire or Sonoma County, California

Old 04-12-2021, 05:27 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Galveston

Inland Empire or Sonoma County, California
By far the easiest choice here in this thread. Sonoma. IE is a passing through kind of area. Palm Springs would have been more of a match.

NY's Adirondacks or NH's White Mountains?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City