Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 07:43 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
NY's Adirondacks or NH's White Mountains?
White Mountains. Mainly because of Mt Washington and the fact that I've already been to the Adirondacks.

Tijuana or Mexicali? (California is off limits)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 07:27 PM

3,885 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
White Mountains. Mainly because of Mt Washington and the fact that I've already been to the Adirondacks.

Tijuana or Mexicali? (California is off limits)
Tijuana. Heard they have good shopping. Mobile AL or Pensacola FL?

Old 04-14-2021, 04:32 AM

6,542 posts, read 12,037,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Tijuana. Heard they have good shopping. Mobile AL or Pensacola FL?
Pensacola since I'm not really familiar with Mobile, but Pensacola has nice beaches and I know some other good spots.

This one is between Amtrak lines: The Acela between Boston and DC or the Coast Starlight between Seattle and LA?

Old 04-14-2021, 04:58 AM

24,556 posts, read 18,239,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Pensacola since I'm not really familiar with Mobile, but Pensacola has nice beaches and I know some other good spots.

This one is between Amtrak lines: The Acela between Boston and DC or the Coast Starlight between Seattle and LA?
Acela is great between DC and NY Penn. NY Penn to Westerly RI is pathetic. I can ride my bicycle faster. There is no way in the world I’d take Acela from Boston or Providence to DC. It’s quicker and cheaper to fly.

So I vote Coast Starlight even though I know nothing about it.

A week in a sailboat cruising. Penobscot Bay in Maine or the San Juans in Washington?

Old 04-14-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
A week in a sailboat cruising. Penobscot Bay in Maine or the San Juans in Washington?
I'm thinking San Juan Islands. They're not as rainy as mainland Washington, so that's not a real concern being exposed to the elements on a sailboat. I think the scenery out there is a bit more enchanting to be out on the water.

You're just passing through the city and you only have time to visit this one place:

Point Park (Chattanooga) or Emerald View Park (Pittsburgh)?

Old 04-14-2021, 08:17 AM

1,731 posts, read 1,889,980 times
Quote:
I'm thinking San Juan Islands. They're not as rainy as mainland Washington, so that's not a real concern being exposed to the elements on a sailboat. I think the scenery out there is a bit more enchanting to be out on the water.

You're just passing through the city and you only have time to visit this one place:

Point Park (Chattanooga) or Emerald View Park (Pittsburgh)?
Ohh Ha Good One, Emerald View gives me more of that City View More Big City Vibes, Brite Lights Mountains, Point Park gives as much Nature, but Chattanooga doesn't have the skyline

Alameda County ( Oakland included) California, or Philadelphia

Old 04-14-2021, 01:10 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Ohh Ha Good One, Emerald View gives me more of that City View More Big City Vibes, Brite Lights Mountains, Point Park gives as much Nature, but Chattanooga doesn't have the skyline

Alameda County ( Oakland included) California, or Philadelphia
Philly, since I hadn't been there since I was way too young to remember(like 1 or 2 years old?). And as I did a SF and Bay Area trip, only a few years ago.

Two music related places: Muscle Shoals(AL) Sound Studios(also known at one time as Fame Recording Studios) in Muscle Shoals, AL, or Stax Museum of American Soul Music in Memphis?

Old 04-16-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Two music related places: Muscle Shoals(AL) Sound Studios(also known at one time as Fame Recording Studios) in Muscle Shoals, AL, or Stax Museum of American Soul Music in Memphis?
Even though there's much more to do in Memphis than there is in The Shoals, I'd rather visit the Muscle Shoals Sound Studios than Stax Museum. Stax's exhibits appeal to a bit more of a niche audience (soul music), while all kinds of music was recorded at Fame including household names with much wider appeal. It personally interests me more, at any rate.

Would you rather visit
a) “Juntas del Conca” – the nature reserve where the Rio Santa Maria and Rio Ayutla converge in “Reserva de la Biosfera Sierra Gorda” in the state of Queretaro, Mexico or
b) Bluestone Recreation Area at Bluestone National Scenic River in West Virginia?

Old 04-16-2021, 09:31 AM

3,885 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Even though there's much more to do in Memphis than there is in The Shoals, I'd rather visit the Muscle Shoals Sound Studios than Stax Museum. Stax's exhibits appeal to a bit more of a niche audience (soul music), while all kinds of music was recorded at Fame including household names with much wider appeal. It personally interests me more, at any rate.

Would you rather visit
a) “Juntas del Conca” – the nature reserve where the Rio Santa Maria and Rio Ayutla converge in “Reserva de la Biosfera Sierra Gorda” in the state of Queretaro, Mexico or
b) Bluestone Recreation Area at Bluestone National Scenic River in West Virginia?
Mexico. I've never been there. Tijuana or Juarez Mexico?

Old 04-16-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Tijuana or Juarez Mexico?
I'd rather visit Tijuana, mainly because I've already been to Juarez. But even so, Tijuana is objectively a nicer and safer city by most anyone's standards.

Tuskegee or Selma, Alabama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City