Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2021, 06:33 PM

8 posts, read 8,706 times

Advertisements

The sun times and other media outlet maps are always lagging and off.. the police operated site on chicago shows 139 and every other detail a stat head can imagine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 10:41 PM

85 posts, read 58,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Philadelphia 120 rate 8 per 100k
L.A 90 rate 2.21 per 100k
NYC 84 as of 3/28 rate .96 per 100k
CHI 139 rate 5.16 per 100k
Compton 12 rate 12.37 per 100k
Dino 20 rate 10 per 100k
Oakland 34
rate 7.8 per 100k

California cities outside of LA and SF not doing too well. San bernandino has a rate similar to Baltimore (rate 10.5) and higher than Compton.[/quote]

California is arguably the most murderous state by sheer numbers.Population is always a key factor but California has at least 8 or 9 different cities with violent reputations. I think only Florida comes close.

For California I’d say

Los Angeles
Oakland
Compton
Long Beach
Richmond
Fresno
Sacramento
San Bernardino
Stockton
East Palo

For Florida I’d say

Miami
Jacksonville
Tampa bay
Orlando
St Petersburg

Now if we’re talking per capita than I believe Louisiana is #1
Just a reminder that no place is harder than the next if you mind your buisness.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:17 AM

Pretty much but really as we compare these crime rates we all know damn near every city has areas where things go down, even a city like denver which most look at it as a snowy town in the mountains and springs but they also got gang bangin, shoot, fight, sell everything, steal everything...the crime rate still high, it has to be as low as Canadian cities for us to really feel the effect probably..and its not even criminality just society overall, people road raging pulling guns over trivial stuff happens everyday atleast where we live at in the USA. And for Florida add West Palm Beach to that lists too and bell glade, they got a doc called HoodLife where it show them Haitians get down.

https://youtu.be/DvvgzQ-Itog

Last edited by Full tilt; 04-01-2021 at 07:01 AM..

Old 04-01-2021, 07:50 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,199,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full tilt View Post
The sun times and other media outlet maps are always lagging and off.. the police operated site on chicago shows 139 and every other detail a stat head can imagine
Sun-times includes homicides that aren't counted in the CPD year-to-date statistics( such as interstate shootings and police-involved) so actually they have more. I use the latest year-to-date statistic(as of 3/28) and count the murders that happened since then. Chicago is at 131, after two killed in Austin.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Sun-times includes homicides that aren't counted in the CPD year-to-date statistics( such as interstate shootings and police-involved) so actually they have more. I use the latest year-to-date statistic(as of 3/28) and count the murders that happened since then. Chicago is at 131, after two killed in Austin.

https://heyjackass.com

This is the site im referring to..I dont remember where I seen it but that website is ran by the police there or something.
Maybe theres so many murders in chicago at such a high pace that none of those statistical sites can come to an agreement

Last edited by Full tilt; 04-01-2021 at 08:51 AM..

Old 04-01-2021, 10:44 AM

1,803 posts, read 935,830 times
For all cities with higher crime stats .... whether one has 2 less then per/100,000 or 10. It is all just a game here of claimed numbers without bias by those who might argue over them .... and still just a race to the bottom. Maybe someone gets a kick out of boasting they found a better stat that says 2 more then the other and viola they gotcha.

We all should know that some links do want drama and dwell on the negative as their reason for creation. HeyJackass clearly likes to hype such stats for its being. Still city stats should be the standard or FBI etc. Either way none are good and so many American cities continue to have this scourge and getting worst this past year into this one. That knows no one city.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
For all cities with higher crime stats .... whether one has 2 less then per/100,000 or 10. It is all just a game here of claimed numbers without bias by those who might argue over them .... and still just a race to the bottom. Maybe someone gets a kick out of boasting they found a better stat that says 2 more then the other and viola they gotcha.

We all should know that some links do want drama and dwell on the negative as their reason for creation. HeyJackass clearly likes to hype such stats for its being. Still city stats should be the standard or FBI etc. Either way none are good and so many American cities continue to have this scourge and getting worst this past year into this one. That knows no one city.

Bias is whomever reading interpret..the heyjackass site is the police so they will sound like them with the way they describe it but theres alot alot of individuals that claim Chicago Gangsta city so thats why that city got high crime. It is what it is no matter how much you like to ignore the underbelly..but im sure its the same anywhere you live right and be aware you good

Old 04-01-2021, 12:27 PM

Default I certainly do not see hyping crime in a game-like way is productive. Some see it as their right and enjoyable read.

Quote:
Bias is whomever reading interpret..the heyjackass site is the police so they will sound like them with the way they describe it but theres alot alot of individuals that claim Chicago Gangsta city so thats why that city got high crime. It is what it is no matter how much you like to ignore the underbelly..but im sure its the same anywhere you live right and be aware you good
In other words..... always be aware of your surroundings and some street-smarts is a plus. Again, to some it is a game of numbers and plenty of other aspects other then merely murders in by far a hood. Advertisements by gun rights enthusiast are found on the sight. Definitely used by the Far-Right for its effect and blame.

I for one lived in that city and never had a need to wonder into a hood. A vast city has one if able to ... pick and choose ones preference of looks and safety. Sadly, some areas have the hood come to them and at least leave.

It is what it is. Hyping crime for those who love the drama and especially those on the (far Right) who luv to use it as not even trusting the police stats or feeling they go much further to give you all the drama you want.... on liberal cities.

Just check out some stats it tries for....
Titled: HeyJackass! Illustrating Chicago Values
https://heyjackass.com/

With drawings and claimed stats on where one is shot...

How bout buying a shirt saying - When guns are outlawed, I will be a outlaw.
(Got to add by me a guy in a local bar club that luvs to wear his shirt - just a gun and saying on it - This is my Gun Permit.)
Maybe he got it here ....

Some titles:

- Shot-in-the-Arse-O-Meter
- Shot-in-the-Junk-O-Meter

They do give a map of neighborhoods (hoods) with the most murders etc.
Apparently, some will see this as knowing the truth of the side of America to hate and blame.

Claim for their sources.
We compile our own dataset using the following sources: Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Homicide Watch Chicago (no longer updated), DNAInfo Chicago (out of business), Chicago Redeye Homicide Tracker (no longer updated), NBC5 Chicago, Chicago Tribune’s Shooting Tracker & Homicide Tracker, Cook County Medical Examiner, CPD’s Historical Data Set, City of Chicago Data Portal, Chicago Police Department Arrest Record Search and CPD CLEARMAP.

You can donate to keep them at your disposal and use from wherever in the Nation you live.... and your fill of Chicago crime. I for one do not see crime as some political game and can be used for Racial blame and stats do show if White you are very safe compared to some others. Nothing new though here. No miracle cure and fuels the political and racial divide in our Nation that we got ourselves into and left our Corporations abandon our inner cities and it clearly filled a vacuum with gang and gang on gang violence and other crimes. Some used even in Al Capone days even. It is a failure of all of us that some merely point fingers at others to blame and of course some do by race.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:32 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,933,405 times
Quote:
https://heyjackass.com

This is the site im referring to..I dont remember where I seen it but that website is ran by the police there or something.
Maybe theres so many murders in chicago at such a high pace that none of those statistical sites can come to an agreement
It gets so bad from time to time the city can't even clear the streets of all the bullet casings: article.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
It gets so bad from time to time the city can't even clear the streets of all the bullet casings: article.
Yes especially when you are in Germany. Hope the link I gave can help you with your luv for US Crime, abandonment in cities, industrial decline still showing hoods ..... and street-views that can be enjoyed even from far away in Germany.

Hopefully, now the street-sweepers should be running. They will pick up more of the bullet-casings. Don't you think?

There should be a thread for the best street-views of blight and decay in the USA..... right!

Will let some newbees take over the thread. I think it will have a long run. Especially on Chicago alone for them. Perhaps one of them will talk about old Cabrini-Green or one of the other once lively Failed Housing Projects you luv to learn more about...

Last edited by NoHyping; 04-01-2021 at 12:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City