Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 09:19 AM

193 posts, read 153,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
its hit or miss, Dallas has alot of transplants so its not terrible but like most Texas cities, Dallas is a place to settle down with your family and kids.
What kind of transplants though--childless professional singles like myself or families/retirees?

I'm sick of all the families, retirees, college students, and overall douchebags (tatts, posing for selfies at the gym, lifted trucks) in San Antonio lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 09:57 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,889,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
its hit or miss, Dallas has alot of transplants so its not terrible but like most Texas cities, Dallas is a place to settle down with your family and kids.

Chicago is more for people building up their careers earlier in their life that want an urban atmosphere so there will be more outgoing people.
Right, although for Chicago, most people when they are ready to settle down, they just move to the close-by Chicagoland suburbs. So while people may not settle down in the city of Chicago, many still settle down in Chicagoland (the suburbs). It's an easy transition.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:03 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,462,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoM2000 View Post
The dating scene here in San Antonio has been terrible. The vast majority of single women are either already moms, divorced, non-college educated, overweight, tatted up, divas with fake eyelashes/too much makeup, or Bible thumpers.
You're going to get more Bible thumpers in DFW! There are so many megachurches with TV ministries that TBN has their HQ2 near the airport and Daystar HQ is near Fort Worth.

The Chicagoland is predominantly Catholic, so you will be getting away from the Bible Belt for a refreshing change.

Chicago is Dallas and Houston combined in one metro. Not everything is bigger in Texas: You won't see any city with such economic clout, or a skyscraper that domineers a several block radius like the Sears Tower.

The lakes in Dallas can't compare to the gorgeous blue lakefront of Lake Michigan! The lake is so big, you might think that you're in Galveston.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:58 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,233,262 times
If you can do the cold Chicago if not. Then Dallas. Dallas of today is not the same dallas of a decade ago and certainly not the same Dallas of several decades ago. Lots going on and plenty of places to meet people. I lived in Dallas for 6 years before moving to Austin (I miss Dallas a lot and Austin is overated and is having serious growing pains). For what it's worth a lot of people in Dallas had moved their from Chicago. so there is that.

Old 04-12-2021, 12:11 PM

422 posts, read 398,094 times
Go for something new and try Chicago, great great city.

Old 04-12-2021, 12:14 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,535,227 times
Chicago

Old 04-12-2021, 01:32 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 2 days ago)

8,368 posts, read 5,529,289 times
Based on your description, if you feel you can deal with the cold, do Chicago.

If you cant, Dallas is still a good place for dating and has lots of things to do.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:36 PM

193 posts, read 153,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
You're going to get more Bible thumpers in DFW! There are so many megachurches with TV ministries that TBN has their HQ2 near the airport and Daystar HQ is near Fort Worth.
Very important to take note of, thank you!

And again, thanks to all of you for your wonderful insights. Anything else I need to know in differentiating Dallas and Chicago before I decide? =)

Old 04-12-2021, 06:46 PM

393 posts, read 263,156 times
Dallas, Texas. Move to The Metroplex.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:02 PM

1,738 posts, read 1,903,413 times
I Been to Dallas and I don't get it, maybe I need to spend more time there. I was Wowed and Amazed by Chicago. Summertime Chi !! Go with Chicago

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 04-12-2021 at 07:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City