Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 03:41 PM

192 posts, read 151,854 times

Advertisements

About me:
- 39M, never married, no kids, accountant.
- Have resided in San Antonio, TX since March 2013 after having lived all my life in the DC area.
- Thinking of moving in a year or two (after the pandemic is fully over and I have some more $ saved)

The dating scene here in San Antonio has been terrible. The vast majority of single women are either already moms, divorced, non-college educated, overweight, tatted up, divas with fake eyelashes/too much makeup, or Bible thumpers. Not to mention that the general population is mostly families, college students, young couples, or retirees.

Dating in DC was also rough, but to the other extreme--women were too into their careers, too snobby, and weren't really open to dating unless it was a perfect match.

So, I'm looking for a big city that's a good balance and happy medium--not too family oriented like SA but not too career oriented like DC. And of course, a city with plenty of young, single, attractive, down-to-earth, childless, never-married, and professional women.

Should I chose to stay in Texas and move to Dallas, or move to Chicago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 04:57 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,702,626 times
I'd say get out of Texas entirely and experience living in a brand new part of the country (Midwest). I also think Chicago would be the perfect place for what you're looking for. Plenty of other transient and ambitious poeple like yourselves, but without the pretentiousness or bureaucratic feel you were accustomed to in DC. Its urban form also makes it easier to walk around the neighborhoods and meet people.

Don't take offense to this, but at 39, you're not getting any younger. If you have the ability to explore the world while still being mobile and uncommitted, jump at it.

Dallas isn't going anywhere and you could always come back to Texas at a later date. Plus, with how rapidly the area's growing, it may be even more different in a better way by that time.

Old 04-10-2021, 07:33 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoM2000 View Post
The dating scene here in San Antonio has been terrible. The vast majority of single women are either already moms, divorced, non-college educated, overweight, tatted up, divas with fake eyelashes/too much makeup, or Bible thumpers.
That was awesome, thanks for the laugh!

Either city would likely offer you an upgrade in the dating department. Comes down to weather IMO, do you prefer to chill with the penguins or bake with the armadillos?

Last edited by flamadiddle; 04-10-2021 at 07:54 PM..

Old 04-10-2021, 08:13 PM

11,791 posts, read 8,002,955 times
I personally think Chicago will be better for dating.

Old 04-10-2021, 09:00 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Midwest women are friendly, and with Chicago being a big draw for Big Ten university grads to settle down and start their careers, you’ll have a better chance at finding an educated woman.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:21 PM

474 posts, read 530,597 times
Chicago is definitely a good middle-ground between family and career-oriented. Not as much of a rat race as NY/DC/SF etc. but still a big city full of aspirational people. Also, I have no idea if being around other accountants matters to you, but if it does Chicagoland has something like 25,000 CPAs (2nd most outside of NYC and just higher than LA).

Old 04-11-2021, 11:10 AM

192 posts, read 151,854 times
Thanks everyone for your quick and thorough replies! I'm not necessarily looking for women who are CPAs, lawyers, MDs, or PHDs, but I would like to date other college educated professionals (associates, bachelors, or masters degrees, for example).

I definitely prefer the 4-seasons climate of DC to San Antonio, so I think Chicago would be more like DC in that regard than Dallas would be, correct?

So if on a scale of 0 to 10, the dating scene for me in DC was a 4 and here in San Antonio it's a 1, where would Dallas and Chicago land?

Old 04-11-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoM2000 View Post
Thanks everyone for your quick and thorough replies! I'm not necessarily looking for women who are CPAs, lawyers, MDs, or PHDs, but I would like to date other college educated professionals (associates, bachelors, or masters degrees, for example).

I definitely prefer the 4-seasons climate of DC to San Antonio, so I think Chicago would be more like DC in that regard than Dallas would be, correct?

So if on a scale of 0 to 10, the dating scene for me in DC was a 4 and here in San Antonio it's a 1, where would Dallas and Chicago land?
Dallas is about 5, Chicago is about 8. Dallas is more friendly than D.C. but you’re still going to find the same closed off people in Dallas as you found in D.C. ... that is mostly a southern thing. Northern women typically are more open.

Old 04-11-2021, 05:33 PM

406 posts, read 341,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Dallas is about 5, Chicago is about 8. Dallas is more friendly than D.C. but you’re still going to find the same closed off people in Dallas as you found in D.C. ... that is mostly a southern thing. Northern women typically are more open.
Dallas should be 0

Old 04-11-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysan89 View Post
Dallas should be 0
its hit or miss, Dallas has alot of transplants so its not terrible but like most Texas cities, Dallas is a place to settle down with your family and kids.

Chicago is more for people building up their careers earlier in their life that want an urban atmosphere so there will be more outgoing people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City