Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you choose to live in?
San Antonio 46 63.01%
Albuquerque 27 36.99%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 07:15 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,057,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
San Antonio is a global city of Gastronomy for it's food and culture designated by UNESCO which is an agency of the United Nations. San Antonio also has a respectable amount of 4 and 5 star AAA Diamond hotels and restaurants. Albuquerque and New Mexico doesn't have any.

San Antonio attracts upward of 40 million annual visitors and ABQ about 6 million.

Both cities have a a great foodie scene but San Antonio offers more variety and is far more popular with a more established city brand.
New Mexico cuisine is distinctive ....with it's home grown red and green chiles
and pinons too...

Also want point out that while San Antonio's River Walk is nice....
Albuquerque has a 10,000 foot mountain in it's backyard...can't miss it,
you see it everywhere in the city, easily accessible by the longest tramway
in North America to the summit, even a ski area on the other side of it.
With four "life zones" from Upper Sonoran to Hudsonian...(desert to alpine fir)...
and Albuquerque also has the Rio Grande River flowing through it,
which includes large wooded areas, Rio Grande Bosque.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 08:19 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albuquerque 101 View Post
Are you serious?? Did you not read any of the links or visit any of the sources I provided? You cannot just lie and say that these things are not true when they're literally right there for all to see. Good grief, this is getting to be really scary and creepy now. People are not entitled to their own reality, sorry!

You don't understand how per capita measurements are relevant to this discussion? Really??! Houston and Dallas are both more than 3 times bigger than San Antonio, should San Antonio be compared to them overall or in per capita terms?? Jeesh, this is absurd!

San Antonio's latest current dollar GDP figure is exactly as I gave it, $132,116,440,000, which is 2.93 times as big as Albuquerque's GDP of $45,055,534,000. San Antonio's 2020 Census metro population (to go with 2020 GDP figures) is 2,558,143 people, which is 2.79 times bigger than Albuquerque's 2020 Census metro population of 916,528. That’s a slightly bigger ratio for GDP, which shows in the slightly larger per capita figures. Any reasonable person can see, understand and accept this..

As I said, these things really aren't that hard to find or calculate. Invest in a calculator, or use a free one on the internet or your phone, which is what I used, the calculator on my phone.

And AAA didn't come out with its diamond ratings in 2021 because of the pandemic, the 2022 ratings that I linked to are considered to be the ratings for 2021 and 2022 because of that. Quit being so daft and obtuse. San Antonio didn't show up in the 2021 release either, because there was no release that last year.
Yes, AAA has a March 2021 list I just looked at it again, and you are correct there are 4 star rated hotels in ABQ but no restaurants listed. Only Santa Fe has two restaurants.

You keep changing your figures ABQ has a GDP of nearly $39 billion it doesn't make the list of top 50 GDP metros in the U.S.

As far as comparing San Antonio with Dallas and Houston they are just marginally better for median annual household income and metro personal per capita income depending on what source you refer to plus stats change regularly.

San Antonio's metro per capita income is nearly 51k versus 45k for ABQ according to a federal reserve website.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:58 AM

282 posts, read 216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Yes, AAA has a March 2021 list I just looked at it again, and you are correct there are 4 star rated hotels in ABQ but no restaurants listed. Only Santa Fe has two restaurants.

You keep changing your figures ABQ has a GDP of nearly $39 billion it doesn't make the list of top 50 GDP metros in the U.S.

As far as comparing San Antonio with Dallas and Houston they are just marginally better for median annual household income and metro personal per capita income depending on what source you refer to plus stats change regularly.

San Antonio's metro per capita income is nearly 51k versus 45k for ABQ according to a federal reserve website.
This is absolutely unbelievable and quite infuriating! I'm not changing any figures. You weren't happy with the chained dollar figures so I gave the current dollars. But now you're trying to stick to the chained dollars figure, apparently just for Albuquerque. Make up your mind!

And Santa Fe has four AAA-rated restaurants, just like I wrote and posted the names of, those are easily verifiable. The AAA list of 4-Diamond restaurants even highlights Santa Fe's two additions to the 4-Diamond restaurant list at the intro to its listing, for a total of four. Really, this is just insane and scary for you to try to contest, when it's laid out clear as day. And remember that you started out by lying and saying that there were no AAA diamond-rated hotels or restaurants in New Mexico. But now you want to brush over that lie of yours and still insist my figures are wrong. You're the one that's not reliable here. SMDH!

Ugh, clearly I'm not dealing with someone grounded in reality.

As for the rest, sorry, but I don't believe anything you say at this point. You have to come with verifiable sources for me to believe anything you say!

Old 05-06-2022, 10:15 AM

23,518 posts, read 23,995,040 times
San Antonio, between these two cities.

Old 03-29-2023, 09:51 PM

58 posts, read 88,529 times
I too hate the frontage roads in Texas as some users mentioned before. But I still have to choose San Antonio. I think I would love Albuquerque and New Mexico but I'm afraid it wouldn't love me back. Not much of a Black community. Not that San Antonio is Atlanta or anything. But Albuquerque crime is a lot worse too.

Old 03-30-2023, 11:09 AM

4,394 posts, read 4,282,856 times
People saying San Antonio's highway system is bad? Just curious but why? Based on Google Maps it seems respectable. I would say ABQ's is worse for the size of city it is.

Old 03-30-2023, 01:27 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,536,731 times
Scenery/outdoor recreation: AL
Culture:Tie
Education:SA,
Economy: SA big
Food: SA
Cost of living:SA
Crime:?
Infrastructure/transportation:Al
Urbanity:SA
Desirable suburbs:SA
Climate:AL
Other: SA

Old 04-02-2023, 12:34 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeCityDenizen View Post
This is absolutely unbelievable and quite infuriating! I'm not changing any figures. You weren't happy with the chained dollar figures so I gave the current dollars. But now you're trying to stick to the chained dollars figure, apparently just for Albuquerque. Make up your mind!

And Santa Fe has four AAA-rated restaurants, just like I wrote and posted the names of, those are easily verifiable. The AAA list of 4-Diamond restaurants even highlights Santa Fe's two additions to the 4-Diamond restaurant list at the intro to its listing, for a total of four. Really, this is just insane and scary for you to try to contest, when it's laid out clear as day. And remember that you started out by lying and saying that there were no AAA diamond-rated hotels or restaurants in New Mexico. But now you want to brush over that lie of yours and still insist my figures are wrong. You're the one that's not reliable here. SMDH!

Ugh, clearly I'm not dealing with someone grounded in reality.

As for the rest, sorry, but I don't believe anything you say at this point. You have to come with verifiable sources for me to believe anything you say!
Omg, i am always correct with my stats and rarely ever incorrect. If I am I will point it out right away. I am never wrong with stats pertaining to SA and only sometimes about other cities. Again, I will quickly correct myself if I overlook something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City