Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 07:13 PM

676 posts, read 493,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Lol, but here’s why, it’s the overall package, especially if you are Black. There are plenty of other places in the South and America with Black folk but the blend of professional, working class, etc in the region is unique, then toss in the quality and cost of living, it’s a hard to beat. And I have live quite a few places in this country, including DC. I realize what other places have to offer other than the Black experience, and places like DC that are on a different scale. Plus DC is NC North. However if you can find your space along I-85 South, it’s a good deal… there’s just a lot of activities and events not too far away, for Black people if that’s your thing.

The problem with Greensboro is it decided to “control” growth which stymied urban offerings for a city it’s size. Really, Elm St., with a better vision should have 5x the amount of activity and been built out over Gate City Blvd. Winston-Salem? yea, probably nicer foliage and terrain, and closer to piedmont territory.
I assume you are talking about Charlotte, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 10:16 PM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Lol, but here’s why, it’s the overall package, especially if you are Black. There are plenty of other places in the South and America with Black folk but the blend of professional, working class, etc in the region is unique, then toss in the quality and cost of living, it’s a hard to beat. And I have live quite a few places in this country, including DC.
Not being humorous at all, but I just wanted to make sure you're talking about Greensboro here.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:19 AM

771 posts, read 624,859 times
Greensboro’s best aspect is its location. Roughly an hour from RTP, a little over an hour from Charlotte. It’s literally the heart of Piedmont North Carolina. It’s not as vibrant as the Triangle or Charlotte, meaning there are no neighborhoods like North Hills or South End. Downtown has gotten better, though. It’s just unfortunate that the city is largely suburban, I don’t think downtown has ever been large. They’re making do with what they have.

Winston beats Greensboro, IMO. A downtown with a bigger feel and interesting architecture, historic sites like Reynolda and Old Salem, hiking spots such as Hanging Rock right outside the city, and slightly closer to the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City