Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the best upscale shopping in Texas?
Dallas 37 61.67%
Houston 23 38.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:37 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,332,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
^ meow!
Didn't mean to sound like a jerk, but come on!

Dallas and Houston both have malls called the Galleria built by the same developer, with the same design (somewhat patterned after the original Galleria with the arched glass celing in Milan), with similar upscale stores, and with similar ice skating rinks. I doubt the differences in retail offerings between the two metros are that different.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,284,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Didn't mean to sound like a jerk, but come on!

Dallas and Houston both have malls called the Galleria built by the same developer, with the same design (somewhat patterned after the original Galleria with the arched glass celing in Milan), with similar upscale stores, and with similar ice skating rinks. I doubt the differences in retail offerings between the two metros are that different.
Your forgetting Dallas also has Northpark. Galleria is just considered a nice mall compared to it.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:29 AM

382 posts, read 590,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Dallasites love to shop and eat out.
The shops and restaurants are there as a distraction from the miserable surroundings and overall malaise of where they reside.

That's pretty much the only thing we can choose from. What else is there to do here?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 AM

382 posts, read 590,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
texas people live in their own world i swear.....

fashion destinations?

when i think of texas i think of cowboys and wannabe californians ...im sorry
Why are you sorry? You summed up Dallas in one sentence.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:42 AM

23,557 posts, read 44,248,183 times
Dallas has great shopping destinations IMO...I haven't given Houston enough of a chance to make a judgment, though.
When I owned a gift store, I thought the Dallas Market Center was the best merchandise center in the country.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,072,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Dallasites love to shop and eat out.
The shops and restaurants are there as a distraction from the miserable surroundings and overall malaise of where they reside.
LOL! With the exception of a few little parks (mainly near downtown), Dallas metro is a dry, treeless prairie. Blah.

What's sad is that Houston ranks higher (in food publications and Forbes) as a restaurant city. And the shopping is fairly comparable. And so much more beautiful than Dallas, with all the huge trees and greenery, little waterways and lakes, boating and fishing on the southeast side, and beaches nearby.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:25 PM

20,531 posts, read 33,641,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
Why are you sorry? You summed up Dallas in one sentence.
No he did not in anyway sum up Dallas in that sentence. Nobody in Dallas wants to be Californians for one. And I HARDLY see Cowboys in Dallas unless you see Terrell Owens and Marion barber walking around the streets everyday.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:19 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,389,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
LOL! With the exception of a few little parks (mainly near downtown), Dallas metro is a dry, treeless prairie. Blah.

What's sad is that Houston ranks higher (in food publications and Forbes) as a restaurant city. And the shopping is fairly comparable. And so much more beautiful than Dallas, with all the huge trees and greenery, little waterways and lakes, boating and fishing on the southeast side, and beaches nearby.
LOL, you're so right! Who would want to bother with Dallas when they have all this scenic beauty 4 hrs away in Houston.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,389,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
That's pretty much the only thing we can choose from. What else is there to do here?
Well, us who are attractive date the many beautiful fashionable women. Considering razorback is your id name, I can image your pain.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:43 PM

182 posts, read 314,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
The Galleria in Houston is about as old as Astroworld (which isn't even around anymore). It is an OK mall, but I think you need to re-evaluate Scottsdale and hellas stupid.

Since it "appears" obvious that you haven't visited Scottsdale or know much about its shopping, do you research through wikipedia, and then let's chat.
I've been to Scottsdale, Fashion Square is where anything close to "upscale" is. I can give you a list of stores that aren't in Scottsdale that Houston and Dallas have had for years.
But define what you consider "upscale", because there's a huge difference between Ralph Lauren and Polo, and between Giorgio Armani and Emporio Armani I hope you know.
I'm not doing any research on wikipedia, that thing is edited by bigger idiots than you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City