Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city is the capital of the south?
Atlanta 555 53.42%
New Orleans 28 2.69%
Houston 113 10.88%
Dallas 41 3.95%
Miami 39 3.75%
Austin 8 0.77%
San Antonio 12 1.15%
Charlotte 34 3.27%
other 48 4.62%
there is no capital 161 15.50%
Voters: 1039. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:36 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
His? Subjects?

See this is the exact reason why I like being outdoors for at least 15 hours each day. When I mentioned Atlanta is 'king' of its area I only meant it to portray its influence not to give a city these human like characteristics which I see happen much to often on this blog. Not saying youre weird or that you take this all to seriously but I don't think this discussion should be that important where we are literally arguing inch for inch. If you don't think Atlanta has a sphere in that region then I wont try to change your opinion, the world is only unique because every living being has an opinion.
My Gosh man, it was a figure of speech. Don't take everything so literal

you used King as a reference and I went with it because that very reference was proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Majority of the houstonians have agreed. It's just easier for them to look over that and still be negative.
Yeah, like I said the ATL posters are touchy.
Brent can quote me and say what he want, he knows he is touchy too

PS Brent Charlotte beats ATL's ass anyday

Old 01-27-2012, 08:07 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,372,162 times
And you guys are proving my point. How damn juvenile.

I stated some Houstonians are sore losers, yet more than a few now feel the need to get in a little dig. It's like you must have the last word, at all costs.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,307,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And you guys are proving my point. How damn juvenile.

I stated some Houstonians are sore losers, yet more than a few now feel the need to get in a little dig. It's like you must have the last word, at all costs.
"Don't Mess with Texas!"

Old 01-27-2012, 08:15 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,254,439 times
I have a question for the Texans in this thread. I don't mean to generalize but upon visiting both Dallas and Houston several times over the course of the previous years I loved what I saw in both cities. Love them both very much but I noticed a different mindset in both places.

Houstonians had more pride being from HOUSTON or the SOUTH while Dallasites had more pride in being from TEXAS than their city or the south. I have met many Houstonians who have major Texas pride but not as many as I have met having Houston or southern pride. Again I don't mean to generalize but may I ask why that is?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:18 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,372,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
"Don't Mess with Texas!"
LOL! I guess......

Old 01-27-2012, 08:19 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,307,587 times

Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,963,804 times
Quote:
I have a question for the Texans in this thread. I don't mean to generalize but upon visiting both Dallas and Houston several times over the course of the previous years I loved what I saw in both cities. Love them both very much but I noticed a different mindset in both places.

Houstonians had more pride being from HOUSTON or the SOUTH while Dallasites had more pride in being from TEXAS than their city or the south. I have met many Houstonians who have major Texas pride but not as many as I have met having Houston or southern pride. Again I don't mean to generalize but may I ask why that is?
I have not noticed that.

DFW residents are just as loud mouthed about DFW as we are about Houston, both cities love the state equally. Bare in mind both cities have tons of transplants

Old 01-27-2012, 09:18 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,786,979 times
Shout outs to overcooked oatmeal.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:28 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times
Quote:

I actually brought that point up several pages ago.

Nothing against Dallas, but Houston generally has more of an identity, and quite frankly, our city means more to many of us than our state does. Dallas is more "Texan", and thus, has more of an affinity with the state. I'm sure many will disagree, but that's what I've always observed.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:59 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,954,464 times
Quote:

Southern pride dies down the further West you go in Texas. It goes from Southern pride in East Texas to Texas pride pretty much everywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City