Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 01:58 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
I don't think South Park has a Dicks. They have Macy and Neiman Marcus plus a lot of high end stores.
You're underestimating South Park.
Yeah there's a Dick's there. A big two story one. It's in a seperate little plaza area near the food court end. But south park is still considered an upscale type mall. When you look at the other stuff there its not like what you find in most common regional malls. They've got an Luis Vetton store, Burberry, etc. stuff like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 03:24 PM

126 posts, read 296,027 times
SouthPark isn't upscale? You're basically saying Louis Vuitton isn't an upscale store. Phipps Plaza and Lenox, (owned by the same company that owns SouthPark) needs to be updated. You also shouldn't forget The Village at SouthPark which has a Crate & Barrel as Lenox. SouthPark is the most congested area in the Nation during the Black Friday Holiday. Just because SouthPark doesn't have AS MANY upscale stores as Lenox/Phipps, doesn't mean it isn't upscale and defiantly doesn't make Lenox/Phipps any better. The SouthPark area doesn't focus on shopping as it's man priority as the area is home to over 40,000 office workers a day. Plus, the Buckhead district isn't far from Central Atlanta, while SouthPark is a little further from Uptown Charlotte.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:23 PM

365 posts, read 499,268 times
SouthPark Mall is the largest mall in Charlotte and the Carolinas, as well as one of the most profitable malls in the country with sales at over $700 per square foot. It is the 10th largest on the East Coast and is the 28th largest in the United States.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:36 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,511,029 times
Charlotte has Bank of America however overall the Economy in Charlotte is much worse off than Indianapolis.
Indy has an unemployment rate of 7.3%
Charlotte is near 10%
BIG difference on which city you are more likely to get a job in

Old 09-21-2012, 12:53 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Charlotte seems more interesting to me. Indianapolis looks to have a nice downtown though.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:16 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,886 times
Charlotte has a better skyline and feels "newer" than Indianapolis.

Although considering how bad the economy still is, neither are is a suitable place to win over each other, Indianapolis' unemployment rate has risen to 7.7%.

Charlotte is the more progressive city in the more progressive, populous state IMO. Indianapolis only has 3 F500's within it's metro while Charlotte has 8.

I feel that Charlotte has more things to do, better restaurants, hotels, ect.

While both have upscale shopping, Charlotte has an edge. Keystone is the notch below SouthPark.

I've been to both. I can't think of a reason anyone would visit Ipls for an overnight stay other than NASCAR/sporting event.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:55 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times
I actually like both cities...I visited Indianapolis for a weekend just to see the city - and loved it. It's a better city that most people on city-data give it credit for. Of course Charlotte is better than most give it credit for as well.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 PM

934 posts, read 1,440,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
I've been to both. I can't think of a reason anyone would visit Ipls for an overnight stay other than NASCAR/sporting event.
Both are actually racing destinations. However, Indy isn't know for NASCAR, it is known for IndyCar and the 500.

It's funny because I have a friend that just moved back to Charlotte and hates it. She keeps complaining about the religious zealots in the city. I keep wonder if she is just exaggerating. I just moved to Indy, and it's pretty moderate--not really conservative, but not really liberal. She loves the beautiful neighborhoods and natural setting of Charlotte, but wishes the downtown wasn't so shinny and new. I've seen better urban neighborhoods than the ones in Indy (except I love Lockerbie), but the downtown really does pack a punch.

Last edited by thefallensrvnge; 09-21-2012 at 08:05 PM..

Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallensrvnge View Post
Both are actually racing destinations. However, Indy isn't know for NASCAR, it is known for IndyCar and the 500.
Sorry, that's what I meant. I'm not trying to bash the city in any way, it's a nice little city, I just felt the larger feel in Charlotte.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:12 PM

934 posts, read 1,440,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
Sorry, that's what I meant. I'm not trying to bash the city in any way, it's a nice little city, I just felt the larger feel in Charlotte.
I can believe it. Indianapolis is a very compact city with a structurally dense core.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City