Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rather Live In...
Atlanta 49 31.21%
Los Angeles 108 68.79%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 04:18 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by your princess View Post
ill tell you one difference!there is no difference besides the fact thatatlanta has water and los angeles does too but not as much.truthfuly i think atlanta is better but that just my opinion!the name ATLANTA excites me for some reason i dont know why?!?!
Atlanta has more water then LA? Didnt they just have a dorught? I think they are both struggling with water?

Old 02-19-2009, 05:21 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times
Atlanta's weather is NOT good. It is humid in the summer with nasty bugs and fairly cool in the winter. LA, for all its faults, has great dry weather.
LA has a more exciting nightlife.
LA has a better food scene.
LA has beaches and access to other great beach areas. Sure you can drive to some nice beaches from ATL, but you are still in the South, and it will take you hours. not exactly a day trip.
I'm not a huge LA fan, but Santa Monica (and other beach parts of LA) are actually very pleasant. Atlanta just seems very blah.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM

36 posts, read 43,065 times
the ATL is cool, but I have to go with La La Land on this one.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:59 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,439,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Actually, it's more than just one mod.

On the main screen alone I'm seeing several Atlanta vs - whatever type threads today. We already had to close one down. We're going to ban Atlanta as a topic for a few weeks altogether if folks don't start thinking out decent "vs" topics instead of just dumping whatever drifts into their mind into a thread about Atlanta vs. something. I mean geez, folks.
I think the Houston poster was right. Houston gets bashed alot also as well as Los Angeles. It's actually most sunbelt cities in general. There's this thing on City Data where the people from the "Older and Colder" cities of America really have it out against the sunbelt cities and they can get pretty nasty expressing their disapproval of the rise of these Southern (South East And South West) metropolises.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,773,471 times
Los Angeles is fun to vist, but Atlanta is a far better place to live as hundreds of thousands of transplants from Los Angeles have confirmed with their feet for nearly a century.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:55 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I think the Houston poster was right. Houston gets bashed alot also as well as Los Angeles. It's actually most sunbelt cities in general. There's this thing on City Data where the people from the "Older and Colder" cities of America really have it out against the sunbelt cities and they can get pretty nasty expressing their disapproval of the rise of these Southern (South East And South West) metropolises.
The funny part is a lot of people (including me) would rather live in Sunbelt cities than the so-called older and cooler cities. People from the so-called older and cooler cities act like it's the other way around. They can keep their old cities, snow and all.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:25 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,095,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Atlanta's weather is NOT good. It is humid in the summer with nasty bugs and fairly cool in the winter. LA, for all its faults, has great dry weather.
LA has a more exciting nightlife.
LA has a better food scene.
LA has beaches and access to other great beach areas. Sure you can drive to some nice beaches from ATL, but you are still in the South, and it will take you hours. not exactly a day trip.
I'm not a huge LA fan, but Santa Monica (and other beach parts of LA) are actually very pleasant. Atlanta just seems very blah.

Everything in LA closes at 2:30 am thats tired

Old 02-20-2009, 12:02 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Los Angeles is expensive and somewhat difficult, but you get more things in LA. More quality. I bet the food is better. You have the beach and the mountains(really mountains with snow on the top, not hills). Atlanta get smog just like Los Angeles. The reasons many Californians move to Atlanta is the comparative lower living costs. No very high mountains, and the nearest oceanic beach is 4 hours away when it comes to Atlanta. Atlanta IMHO is an LA/NY wannabe. At least LA has some more things to it.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
Los Angeles is fun to vist, but Atlanta is a far better place to live as hundreds of thousands of transplants from Los Angeles have confirmed with their feet for nearly a century.
I beg to differ. I live in metro Atlanta and I am trying to leave. I am here because its cheap. Other than that, LA has more to do, more to see, just more. I had a history teacher from California. He told me(or rather the whole class) the education is California is better.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:15 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I beg to differ. I live in metro Atlanta and I am trying to leave. I am here because its cheap. Other than that, LA has more to do, more to see, just more. I had a history teacher from California. He told me(or rather the whole class) the education is California is better.
Maybe the University system is, but definitely not K-12 schools
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City