Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:15 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,074,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Are you nuts there lots of families across NYC. I was one of the kids who was born and raised in NYC, then again it was Manhattan. Ive been to 4 different schools in NYC. 3 in Manhattan 1 in the Bronx. There was a school right across the street from where i use to lve but that wasnt the school i went to. I went to a school just three blocks away. Its much more Cooler growing up in NYC.
In Cow-town, I mean Chi-town, they think the 'burbs' are "cool". They like eating at places like "T.G.I.F." and the "Outback". To them, that's 'fine' dining...............

Old 03-30-2009, 06:41 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
In Cow-town, I mean Chi-town, they think the 'burbs' are "cool". They like eating at places like "T.G.I.F." and the "Outback". To them, that's 'fine' dining...............
And for you its munching on some stale bread and a piece of rusted steel! Who are you to criticize anyone being from Pittsburgh. You're outdone by Philadelphia which is outdone by Chicago. You have no right to criticize anyone .

Will someone close this thread, it's been beaten into the ground for over 110 pages...

Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,317,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
And for you its munching on some stale bread and a piece of rusted steel! Who are you to criticize anyone being from Pittsburgh. You're outdone by Philadelphia which is outdone by Chicago. You have no right to criticize anyone .

Will someone close this thread, it's been beaten into the ground for over 110 pages...
BULLSEYE. Damn, that was a low blow!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:

I was 'smart' enough to get out of Pittsburgh YEARS ago. The same can't be said about you and Cow-town, I mean Chi-town!....

The ONLY thing that's been "beaten into the ground" is you and some others from Cow-town, I mean Chi-town!.....

Old 03-30-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
BULLSEYE. Damn, that was a low blow!
BULLSEYE right back at him!....

Old 03-30-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I was 'smart' enough to get out of Pittsburgh YEARS ago. The same can't be said about you and Cow-town, I mean Chi-town!....

The ONLY thing that's been "beaten into the ground" is you and some others from Cow-town, I mean Chi-town!.....
...you're so original! Cow-town just gets funnier and funnier every time you use it!

I've been beaten into the ground? I've destroyed you're credibility and sense of e-pride over the last several post. I think you've got it all wrong bud, you and your pathetic city of Pittsburgh have been beaten into the ground. I'm standing at the top watching you struggle as you try to climb out, and every time you get close to the top, I'll be there to kick you all the way back down .

You're on level with Dementor. Whats with your immense need to be a part of NYC? You really need to stop trying to make this personal. Just remember you're being told this by someone whose probably less than half your age

Old 03-30-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
BULLSEYE right back at him!....
I can't believe I missed this. Not at all my friend. You fell short...by a lot. You may have stood a chance had you not used Cow-town in every post since page like 95 or something

Old 03-30-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
...you're so original! Cow-town just gets funnier and funnier every time you use it!

I've been beaten into the ground? I've destroyed you're credibility and sense of e-pride over the last several post. I think you've got it all wrong bud, you and your pathetic city of Pittsburgh have been beaten into the ground. I'm standing at the top watching you struggle as you try to climb out, and every time you get close to the top, I'll be there to kick you all the way back down .

If I'm not mistaken, my hometown of Pittsburgh are World Champions! When was the last times the Bears won a Super Bowl? Oh that's right, when a Pittsburgh'er (Mike Ditka) coached them!...

As I said, I left Pittsburgh YEARS ago cause I didn't like it. You bashing it, hey I'll join in on the bashing!.. As long as the bashing you do about Pittsburgh, is accurate. If your knowledge about Pittsburgh is the same as it is about NYC, you probably won't be able to bash it.

P.S. Don't forget now, Pittsburgh is the ONLY city to be listed in EVERY "Best Places" list since it began like 20 years ago. Just keep that in mind...

You're on level with Dementor. Whats with your immense need to be a part of NYC? You really need to stop trying to make this personal. Just remember you're being told this by someone whose probably less than half your age
Quote:
Will that ever get old to you...or are you that much of a simpleton that it remains hilarious? MANY New Residents of NYC are single, or young couples (for the most part) if you have a family in NYC, you move to the suburbs.
.....This ^^^^ must be the threadv that you got VERY about! It REALLY shows how you don'y have a clue about NYC. You got so over it, you suggested that this thread be closed!.....

Some of my replies on mixed in the blue section with yours.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
We already had this conversation before Dementor, the only city they surveyed in the US in that study was New York.

They did not compare New York other US cities.

Also, this is an opinion piece as well, and not evidence.

I wish they surveyed Chicago and got all this store clerks muttering words and responidng with "uh-huh" to "thank you's". I wish they would get all those dressed up hicks forgetting to look around their shoulder and hold the door for the next person. I really wish they did but they did not. They did however surveyed Paris and London and to their and mine surprise New York, this fast paced, assertive New York, came up on top.
That's really something.
And no, this is not an opinion, Reader's Digest actually conducted a research. It was fun proving Spire wrong again Not to mention that NY wins this poll as well...

Old 03-30-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
I wish they surveyed Chicago and got all this store clerks muttering words and responidng with "uh-huh" to "thank you's". I wish they would all those dressed up hicks forgetting to look around their shoulder and hold the door for the next person. I really wish they did but they did not. They did however surveyed Paris and London and to their and mine surprise New York, this fast paced, assertive New York, came up on top.
That's really something.
And no, this is not an opinion, Reader's Digest actyally conducted a research. It was fun proving Spire wrong again Not to mention that NY wins this poll as well...
I honestly NEVER get tired of proving Spire wrong. Those guys from Cow-town, I mean Chi-town, make it easy for us!...

It's like they enjoy getting beat like a rented mule........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.