Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: SOUTHERN FLORIDA versus SOUTHWEST USA
SOUTHERN FLORIDA 17 36.17%
SOUTHWEST USA (AZ,NV,NM) 30 63.83%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:20 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Have you ever experienced 70 degrees with low humidity? No contest! Here in MN we have both kinds of days. The low humidity ones are by far superior!
Yes. I have actually. I lived in Florida, Texas, and currently in Washington DC. Three places known for their humidity in the Summer. 70 degrees with humidity is not bad at all. Now when it hits 85 with humidity, than it becomes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,167,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yes. I have actually. I lived in Florida, Texas, and currently in Washington DC. Three places known for their humidity in the Summer. 70 degrees with humidity is not bad at all. Now when it hits 85 with humidity, than it becomes....
Spade: Which location was your favorite out of the three?

Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
Spade: Which location was your favorite out of the three?
I don't really have a favorite because there are too many pros and cons to each one.

I actually like the weather of DC more than both Texas and Florida.
I also prefer the urbanity of DC over Texas and Florida.

However, I love the atmosphere of Florida and Texas over DC although slightly.
Texas I love the low cost of living.
I think you can find recreation in all three states.
It's really hard to pick just one.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:40 AM

83 posts, read 216,861 times
I feel like i have to correct one thing here, Florida is not entirely devoid of cold weather and winters in South Florida can be cold with temperatures many times dipping into the 50s (hell this past winter it was below freezing!!!!).

I think that the SW is nice for the its deserts/mexican feel and unique culture but S.FLA has beaches, a very diverse Latin Am/Caribbean feel and incredible natural parks.

Oh and one more thing: this poll is unfair. Are we comparing South Florida and its 3 major cities to 3 states??? seems a little off to me - this should probably be comparing pheonix/tucson metro area to south florida - that seems like it would be more balanced IMO.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:47 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,572,931 times
3 states to 1/3 rd of a state that seems fair?

Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,747,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
I forgot that the Southwestern U.S.A. does see four distinct seasons and is perfectly capable of heavy snowfall. Albuquerque and Flagstaff usually see a very decent amount of snow. In Florida, it's pretty much summer all year round. Sure the temperature may vary by 30 degrees, but rarely does it get below 65 or 70 even in winter. Florida's weather in my opinion is a downside because of little variance. I like a place that gets all four seasons...true winters with a decent amount of snow and true summers, although not too hot. Probably will live in the Upper Midwest or Northeast later in my life.
False. The average winter low temps in much of Florida are below 65. And at a time when Florida's humidity is at its lowest. Its still warm, but to say "rarely does it get below 65" is wrong.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:51 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkindravens View Post
I feel like i have to correct one thing here, Florida is not entirely devoid of cold weather and winters in South Florida can be cold with temperatures many times dipping into the 50s (hell this past winter it was below freezing!!!!).

I think that the SW is nice for the its deserts/mexican feel and unique culture but S.FLA has beaches, a very diverse Latin Am/Caribbean feel and incredible natural parks.

Oh and one more thing: this poll is unfair. Are we comparing South Florida and its 3 major cities to 3 states??? seems a little off to me - this should probably be comparing pheonix/tucson metro area to south florida - that seems like it would be more balanced IMO.
I was thinking the same thing. It looks like they'll pretty much compare SoFla to pretty much ANYWHERE on C-D. I would say SoFla is more reminiscent of Los Angeles/San Diego SoCal, RATHER then the Southwestern US. And others have mentioned, that humidity is miserable, BUT what they forget to mention is that, SoFla has the ocean and see breeze to combat the heat, where as you can't find that in the interior Southwest(assuming that's what we're talking about).

Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Well I have dreams of going to the Southwest, the Southwest seems really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City